Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Wow this rolled, I am impressed.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.
    And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the abs and muscle definition. SOME PEOPLE just can't seem to get past her chest.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    There I fixed that last sentence for you, it does really sound a little less *****y and a little more pointed when you make your point about what your ideal is instead of picking apart what isn't your ideal on someone else. I'd give you an example of what I mean, but I see you you don't have any photos of yourself anywhere.

This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p. My opinion is that is not ideal. Sorry you have a problem with that. When someone posts something like that, they open it up for criticism. You're right, I don't have any photos of myself viewable to non-friends. I'd rather remain anonymous on the internet.

Again, if you read what I wrote you should understand that there is no issue with having an ideal, we are all entitled to our own ideal. However, the entitlement to our ideals does not remove us from the responsibility associated with how we present our ideal. Simply saying "that look is not my ideal" if very different from saying "I hate her fake boobs." To me, especially on this website, this is an important distinction in the art communication.

i read what you wrote. being completely pc on the internet is not important to me. i don't recall saying "i hate her fake boobs", but if i did that's fine too.

Do you have anything new to add? If not, please move on with the knowledge that your dislike for artificial breasts has been logged and acknowledged.

well, if people keep addressing me then i'll keep answering them.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Well since it rolled over that gives me an option to come back...

But I'd be willing to bet that if you saw a pic of the lady in the original post in jeans and tshirt or a dress (and NOT in an outfit that you may see at a competition...you know...the type of outfits meant to show abs, strong arms and legs, etc) that many of the negative comments would change.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    oh and my point was that the look was also gained through implants. that is about it. people then proceeded to yell at me.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I think this can also serve as motivation fro those who don't enjoy cardio (I personally can't stand it). I think too many people get the impression that to lose wait and get fit, they need to run on a treadmill or the elliptical for hours on end and the thought of that discourages them from doing anything to improve their health.

This just goes to show that with a great diet and some strength training, you can lose fat, get stronger, and look great.

Also, for those who don't like her 'look' because it's too muscular, I'm positive the 'issue' is that her body fat % is lower, rather than her being too muscular. If she had an extra 3-4% of body fat, she'd have the body of a beach volleyball player rather than a fitness model. (In other words, working out won't get you this 'muscular', working out AND following a strict diet will let you lose enough fat for your muscles to show).

Anyways, great work the two of you! She's smoking hot!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    To that one woman who commented about being superficial and spending too much time in the gym...

It doesnt take as much time as you might think...try educating yourself.

If anyone would like to question Yo and her mind incidentally, and levels to any given person in terms of personality and character depth, she is shortly working towards her doctorate in psychology and speaks at least 5-6 languages that I can think of.

She is definitely not a case of person with light on and nobodies home - that's me :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh:
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well since it rolled over that gives me an option to come back...

But I'd be willing to bet that if you saw a pic of the lady in the original post in jeans and tshirt or a dress (and NOT in an outfit that you may see at a competition...you know...the type of outfits meant to show abs, strong arms and legs, etc) that many of the negative comments would change.

i totally agree!! I looked on the facebook link matt added, she is a beautiful young lady, tiny next to matt!! but then i think she is a beautiful young lady in the OP too.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to question Yo and her mind incidentally, and levels to any given person in terms of personality and character depth, she is shortly working towards her doctorate in psychology and speaks at least 5-6 languages that I can think of.

She is definitely not a case of person with light on and nobodies home - that's me :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You win at life Matt!

Hopefully you'll be able to take comfort in your gorgeous, fit, intelligent, loving new bride. I pray that the women who were 100+lbs overweight telling you how much they don't want to look like your future wife haven't put too much of a dent in your self-esteem.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    oh and my point was that the look was also gained through implants. that is about it. people then proceeded to yell at me.

So much for you only bringing it up in response to others.

Implants aren't for you, we get it. It's a personal choice that she made and I'm sure she's quite happy with (as she should be, because she looks fantastic).

And even if she got impants, I'm sure she's worked harder than 95% of people on this board to achieve that body.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.
    And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the abs and muscle definition. SOME PEOPLE just can't seem to get past her chest.

^^^this

lifting does enhance the female figure, get a clue.

DIET determines the body fat one decides to have.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    To that one woman who commented about being superficial and spending too much time in the gym...

It doesnt take as much time as you might think...try educating yourself.

:laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I admit I didn't read the whole thread, but it was the discussion about judgments that got my back up and for that I apologize. I'm not going to lie, totally jealous over pretty much everything, but I agree with someone else's comment about the implication that lifting will give you a body like that. Some of us just aren't made that way and it's easy to get a little discouraged by thinking 'God, HOW much weight/many reps would it take for me to get anywhere close to looking as good as that?'

about 2 and a half hours per week.

if i can come as far as i have, with like 60% effort and inconsistent across the board, anyone can get positive results if they just believe in themselves.

Im in the 100+ club and Im in my thirties and I have a flat as hell tummy. Almost everyone Ive ever met who lost triple digits needed to get a tummy tuck unless they did weight lifting. I know that alot of that is genetics, but to me its also an obvious connection.

Its not about looking exactly like THIS AWESOME GIRL (kudos a million times by the way) its about realizing that you have no idea what YOUR body could possibly look like at its strongest and healthiest, until you pick up those big weights too.

There are three kinds of exercise. cardio/endurance, resistance and weight training, and flexibility and rest. Then there is stuff like agility and speed which combine them. - but the point here is that most people only focus on cardio and get mad when they only get 30% of the results. But they are only doing 30% of the work, ya know?

So you come across someone that puts that focus on weights, and only iddle bits of cardio (like I do) and there is an uproar that reduces itself to a boobs conversation (seriously ladies, really?).

Imagine if all of us had this kind of dedication. You'd be shaping your body into your own ideal as we speak :heart::flowerforyou::drinker:
  • Aviva92
    Options

So much for you only bringing it up in response to others.

Implants aren't for you, we get it. It's a personal choice that she made and I'm sure she's quite happy with (as she should be, because she looks fantastic).

And even if she got impants, I'm sure she's worked harder than 95% of people on this board to achieve that body.

did i claim otherwise? let me try again. the o.p. stated:

"This look was gained with a sharp diet, lifting heavy weights like me (she squats 60kg for 30 reps x 3 sets, 77.5k for 12 reps!) and ZERO cardio.

Just something to think about "

my claim was it was also gained through implants which is true.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

And it was also said several times that she had the implants BEFORE the training, so your point is meaningless.
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing. Her dedication is admirable and I would love to look anything like that. Hopefully, in time, I will.

And who flipping cares about her boobs? I was too busy admiring the definition in her legs, abs, arms, etc. to really notice them in the first place. Besides, that wasn't the point of this thread AT ALL. Does the composition of her breasts really matter when looking at the hard work she put in to achieve her body? No. If I ever end up looking like that, I probably won't have implants, so my breasts won't look like that. It still doesn't negate the hard work she did to achieve the rest of her body.
  • Aviva92
    Options

And it was also said several times that she had the implants BEFORE the training, so your point is meaningless.

it is part of the overall look now. it's irrelevant when she got the implants.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Ok we've established she's got implants, what now guys? :wink: :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

no one cares if anyone yelled at you, already. just add something positive to the conversation now ok?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p.

YAY SOMEONE GOT THE MESSAGE!!!! *throws all the confetti* Woohoooooooooooo

now let's sit around and wait for someone to realize that this is only aimed at people who want to look like that.

AGREED!!!

Seems like people like to jump that someone is judging them when all they mean to do is point out that people are aiming for this can do it as well. Just as when I post my success story it is to help other's know they can also achieve their goals. Everyone has different goals, one of mine is to achieve what this woman has achieved so this really has helped me to push myself for greatness. Not everyone wants to look like this, that is ok but gesh I can see why so many women have body image issues.