Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    ^You seem to want to go on and on about her body.

This is still here. Waiting for you http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862846-challenge-issued

I didn't post the OP… which is specifically about her physique. That's pretty much what *everyone* is talking about.

As for the "challenge": If one doesn't want one's body discussed, then one shouldn't post photos on message boards inviting commentary. You are free to look at my profile pics and tell me I'm fat and ugly. At my age I could give a rat's behind what anyone thinks about my appearance.

And, FTR, I wish her much success in her upcoming competition.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing what lifting can do!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I didn't post the OP… which is specifically about her physique. That's pretty much what *everyone* is talking about.

As for the "challenge": If one doesn't want one's body discussed, then one shouldn't post photos on message boards inviting commentary. You are free to look at my profile pics and tell me I'm fat and ugly. At my age I could give a rat's behind what anyone thinks about my appearance.

So why on Earth should Matt have to listen to you go on and on about his fiance's appearance?

Oh that's right.. you're allowed to judge and say whatever you want because he posted a success thread. So you've taken that opportunity to trash her looks.

Lucky for you other people aren't as petty.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So why on Earth should Matt have to listen to you go on and on about his fiance's appearance?

Oh that's right.. you're allowed to judge and say whatever you want because he posted a success thread. So you've taken that opportunity to trash her looks.

I think it's funny that the people that praised Matt's wife's success and body are the same ones that are normally called mean for giving blunt or/and snarky advice on the forums. Goes to show just who is really mean on here in my opinion..lol.
  • BrettPGH
    Options

I think it's funny that the people that praised Matt's wife's success and body are the same ones that are normally called mean for giving blunt or/and snarky advice on the forums. Goes to show just who is really mean on here in my opinion..lol.

Yep.

And a whole lot of sweet, kind, caring individuals, who love to complain about the awful meanies on this site, had no problem calling the man's future wife a dude with a body that grossed them out.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I swear I stared at the original picture for like 5 minutes. She looks amazing. The shoes are fabulous as well :happy:

ETA: Also, if you ever come to America, feel free to train me. LOL
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I think your fiancé looks awesome! While I don't aspire to be so defined I am looking to lift heavier weights.
  • Lollypopems
    Options
    Great work! She looks amazing, wayyyy too many haters here. Give props when they should be given.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yay, I finally finished reading all posts in this thread. That took a while.

So far. I'm sure there will be more trash talk to come.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think she looks fantastic! I would love to look the way she does and I hope one day I can put up a success story just like this. Matt it is great that you work out together, all the best to you both! Good luck in the competitions!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options

Lucky me.

Actually, most of my comments have been responses to people quoting me. My main point has been that bodybuilding does reduce breast size, same as marathon running. Less body fat especially at elite levels means smaller breasts for most women. I haven't typed the word "dude"or "gross" (until now) as has been insinuated elsewhere.
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! I love to see fit, strong women and I love to see couples who are supportive of one another and proud of each other. Thank you for sharing her accomplishments!
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    She is so beautiful...lean and fit! So much better than my soft and fat self! haha.

I'm curious if she started out overweight at all? Also, I'm ALL for plastic surgery--aren't we all out to get our best bodies? However we get there is fine with me!

Thanks for sharing! She's gorgeous and I can tell you're proud, Matt!
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Lucky me.

Actually, most of my comments have been responses to people quoting me. My main point has been that bodybuilding does reduce breast size, same as marathon running. Less body fat especially at elite levels means smaller breasts for most women. I haven't typed the word "dude"or "gross" (until now) as has been insinuated elsewhere.

You called her a cartoon character, a caricature, and said her success was empty.

You said more than enough.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I think your fiancé looks awesome! While I don't aspire to be so defined I am looking to lift heavier weights.

^ ZOMG SHE GETS IT!!!!

all my faith in humanity = restored with style

*note there is no sarcastic font here, because I mean it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    One of my canine teeth never came down on it's own, and I had to have oral surgery to get a bracket put on it to pull the tooth into place when I got braces. I also wear contact lenses during most of my waking hours rather than wear my coke-bottle glasses. And I've tweezed my eyebrows because thanks to my Scottish ancestors, I'd have a mono-brow if I left them untouched. And now that I'm in my 40s, I color my hair about every six weeks to get rid of grey hairs.

So I guess all the work I've done reducing my body fat, adding lean muscle mass, and going from a weak couch potato to a fit and strong individual is empty and meaningless, too, since I'm not completely "natural."
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Lucky me.

You called her a cartoon character, a caricature, and said her success was empty.

You said more than enough.
    She didn't get to look the way she does with just weights and no cardio. She also had a boob job. Something bodybuilding women (those into the "cartoon" look as opposed to those into the "natural" look) often resort to because they lose so much body fat. You have no idea how ridiculous it sounds to claim that she got that "look" through your training program alone. Seriously, some of us just want to be healthy and fit and, again, not look like a caricature come to life. Not trying to insult, just trying to point out that your idea of "success" isn't the same for everyone else.
    Exactly. So what's the point of bodybuilding and diet? JMHO, but it's an empty victory to be at competition level when it's considered a necessity to have surgical augmentation. It just seems to defeat the whole point of bodybuilding in the first place. Do male bodybuilders with skinny legs get calf implants? (Please tell me the answer is no.)

That's just so mean. Maybe she didn't get them just for competition. Women (even those not into body building competition) get breast implants and are on here losing weight (or have lost). Are their victories empty because they decided to have surgical augmentation?
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like to question Yo and her mind incidentally, and levels to any given person in terms of personality and character depth, she is shortly working towards her doctorate in psychology and speaks at least 5-6 languages that I can think of.

She is definitely not a case of person with light on and nobodies home - that's me :laugh: :bigsmile: :huh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You win at life Matt!

Hopefully you'll be able to take comfort in your gorgeous, fit, intelligent, loving new bride. I pray that the women who were 100+lbs overweight telling you how much they don't want to look like your future wife haven't put too much of a dent in your self-esteem.

Hahaha this
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Its been said before on the thread - but the implants came before the training.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

The OP touted her physique as "this is what lifting does to a woman's body." But it's not. It's what lifting *and* plastic surgery do. Body building decreases body fat and most women see a reduction in breast size. The supposed "success" this woman had included having surgical implants. Just like Lance Armstrong, it wasn't just natural ability enhanced through training and dedication. It was also the steroids and the blood transfusions. Again, something he put into his body that he did not naturally have. That's why his "successes" were nullified.
    And before anyone asks, the reason I keep commenting is because I find it hypocritical that bodybuilders are always claiming that lifting enhances the female figure when, in reality, there is a loss of womanly curves (which this OP very clearly illustrates).

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was talking about the abs and muscle definition. SOME PEOPLE just can't seem to get past her chest.

^^^this

lifting does enhance the female figure, get a clue.

DIET determines the body fat one decides to have.

Bodybuilders (and marathon runners) usually have a very low body fat percentage. In bodybuilding, you have to get rid of the fat in order to see the muscle. While there won't be a decrease in breast tissue, there will be a decrease in breast size due to fat loss. (Women bodybuilders in competition often lower their body fat below 11 percent, at which point a C-cup can become an AA-cup.) The physique in the OP does not accurately represent the results of bodybuilding and strict diet. It just doesn't. Just like a male bicyclist with bicep implants would not accurately show what cycling will do for your physique.

It does represent it, just not from the standpoint of her boobs.... Would hope most people are bright enough to figure this out.

Yes. The implants are obvious. Again, at competition level, most women are going to see a decrease in breast size. Hence the reason many female bodybuilders get boob jobs. Which IMO is hypocritical (sorry, that's the best word I can think of to describe the dichotomy) since the augmented physique no longer honestly represents the results of a strict bodybuilding and diet regimen.

I'm confused. Can one "train" one's boobs? No? I didn't think so. So what does a non-"trainable" part of her body have anything to do with a competition? Would you have such objections if she got a nose job or a face lift since your face can "decrease in size", too?

The point of the post was to show what you can achieve with heavy lifting, not whether or not you like fake boobs. You entire argument has no validity in this thread and frankly I'm shocked that the mods haven't removed you for "hijacking the topic."