Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing, you should both be proud...

It's amazing how easily people can dissect her like she is not a real person. I find that totally bizarre. I've never seen another real person's physique critiqued so harshly on here... There are a dozen success stories a day on here and I've never seen this kind of harsh judgement... people should be ashamed...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    And I question what the point of bodybuilding is if the end result requires surgical augmentation.

"Requires?" Who says it's required? It's a personal preference.

I lift heavy weights. I have small boobs. I had small boobs when I was overweight, too. The only people* my entire life who've ever suggested there's something wrong with my chest were a few mean girls/women who wanted to make me feel bad. When I was an emotional teenager, it did. As an adult, I see them for the catty b-words they are.

I lift weight because I enjoy being strong, don't want osteoarthritis, and love what it's done for my *kitten*.

*Except for some teasing I got from my brothers who said I was like a Flatsy Doll ("Flatsies are flat and that's that!") but since I was about 6 years old at the time, I don't think anyone was expecting me to have a bosom.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Skimmed through the thread....
    but anyways she looks amazing. :flowerforyou:

But not the body type I am going for,
    but that does not mean I think she looks bad.
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes, looks great. But am I the only one that thinks the pairing of bikini and high heels is a swimming pool disaster waiting to happen? Just saying.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!!! Always in awe of people with such discipline and dedication!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    And my comment about empty success was related to competition, like Lance Armstrong, did he really win all those Tour de France titles? Apparently not. So while I wish the OP much success with her upcoming competition, IMO, it would be about as meaningful as Armstrong's wins. Sorry if that's too frank for you but I really don't see the reason for competing if you aren't using your natural ability. Obviously others disagree, but I have yet to hear a compelling argument from them other than "you're mean" or issuing silly "challenges."

It's hard to provide a compelling counter-argument to such an absurd claim... but I will bite. Do you have any concept of how a bodybuilding competitiion is judged? Do you think that the judges just give them a once over and attribute an overall score which could be so skewed by breast augmentation? There's no comparison to Lance Armstrong because a) he broke the rules, Yo is not. b) the competetion she is competing in is not judged on the portion of her body that you seem to be focussing on, where as Lance's inteventions were directly related to improving the performance that he was being judged on.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing, you should both be proud...

It's amazing how easily people can dissect her like she is not a real person. I find that totally bizarre. I've never seen another real person's physique critiqued so harshly on here... There are a dozen success stories a day on here and I've never seen this kind of harsh judgement... people should be ashamed...

THIS. Yo, you must be on some super secret celebrity S-list, because even A-listers don't go through this much scrutiny. Really, people? :\ Haters gonna hate, i guess.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Geeze so what if shes had implants she's hot and most women would kill for a body like that. Kudos to the both of you, you both look fantastic.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing..her dedication and hard work should definitely be commended!

For those replying with "she looks great but that's not the look for me", nobody asked whether or not you want to look that way. This thread is simply dedicated to admiring a beauti...I mean, hard working woman :tongue:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, looks great. But am I the only one that thinks the pairing of bikini and high heels is a swimming pool disaster waiting to happen? Just saying.

She's wearing heels? Oh.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing. Strong is beautiful! <3
  • d1guti
    d1guti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!! wish i had a body like that...
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The pics are definitely motivating and I reckon I could manage to eat like that with a day off a week but it must cost a fortune. Also, roughly how many calories is she consuming out of interest per day and how much time does she spend training?

I would also be curious to know her height and starting body fat% last October as well as current body fat?
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yo in September -
    yoinseptember.jpg

She looks nice in both photos, better than I would look lol. Especially her abs in the original picture! Personally, I think she looked cuter with her small natural boobs but that's just me. How she wants her body to look is up to her.
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. :wink:

We can talk 'per tu', aka refer to me in the first person. I am Yo, Matts fiancée, not the SHE entity in the pictures attached. :blushing:

So no need for the third person :smile:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, :smile:

Thank you for your comments and feedback. It has been one incredible bedtime read after a long day on duty. :smile:

Your comments have been humbling and motivational, indeed.

Brought a tear of happiness in my eyes, so I had to stop for a moment.

Matt and I are very happy to receive such an amazing support and well wishes. We are both humbled and delighted to have you by our side in this personal and amazing journey.

On our Team Wild Facebook page we post everything from videos of our training, to regular updates on my progress and condition. As you probably know we post my current condition review every Sunday, so if you would like to have the first row seat to my preps progress feel free to join us. We welcome you with open arms.

I also appreciate I am not everyone's image of 'perfection' - whatever that represents to one, nor do I strive to be. All I do is pursue my dream and share it with you, if you would like. You may chose to give of our day kindly and respectfully and share your own progress and goals with us, or continue in your path.

Both Matt and I thank you for all your input and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

You can find our Team Wild Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-WILD-Matt-Wild-UKBFF-Gaspari-Rep-Yo-Lazarov-The-Newbie/416793921724418?ref=hl

And a class act, too. Bravo for not letting the turds get you down.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Holy nice to meet you. Girl you pushed yourself. That took serious mental strength.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. :wink:

We can talk 'per tu', aka refer to me in the first person. I am Yo, Matts fiancée, not the SHE entity in the pictures attached. :blushing:

So no need for the third person :smile:

It's much easier to be mean to someone when you are talking about them in the third person, Yo.

Keep on being awesome.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sorry Yo, as I don't know you and Matt posted the thread I guess that's why we are referring to you in the third person! You look great by the way, i'd love to get to somewhere in the middle of your before and after pics. How much time per day did it take for you to look that different in such a short time?
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    Yo, you look absolutely fantastic. Your abs are beyond perfection! Congrats and way to go with the hard work!