Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yo- You look incredible. And the work required to accomplish what you did says a lot about your dedication. You're also intelligent and a serious class act to not say a bad word against the people who have been freely trying to tear you down. You're an inspiration to many people.

Matt is a very lucky man indeed.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. :wink:

We can talk 'per tu', aka refer to me in the first person. I am Yo, Matts fiancée, not the SHE entity in the pictures attached. :blushing:

So no need for the third person :smile:
    You are an inspiration lady. And you two are lucky to have each other.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    The more I've read on here, the more I have been ashamed to be a woman. Yo, your classy response to women body-shaming you is unbelievable. It's very obvious that you are not only a very dedicated athlete, but a very enlightened human being. Thanks for the restoration of faith in humanity, and the motivation for tonight's weight lifting session! You look amazing, and I wish you the best of luck in competition. Matt, you kept your responses just as measured and polite, so kudos to you for that as well as your incredible training. I wish I were friends with the two of you in real life!

P.S. Facebook page LIKED.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yo- You look incredible. And the work required to accomplish what you did says a lot about your dedication. You're also intelligent and a serious class act to not say a bad word against the people who have been freely trying to tear you down. You're an inspiration to many people.

Matt is a very lucky man indeed.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I did not really have time to read through all the comments... yes, she looks fantastic... hands down... Yes, weight lifting is great for women (not barbie weights) but she obviously was thin, in good shape before her transformation both through hard work and surgical enhancement.
    Cardio is still a crucial element to the rest of us heavier folk... combine the two, you have a win win situation.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I briefly locked this topic but am unlocking it again. I want to remind people to please be respectful of others and to follow our community guidelines when posting.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yo in September -
    yoinseptember.jpg

You look great here too!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Hello everyone. :wink:

We can talk 'per tu', aka refer to me in the first person. I am Yo, Matts fiancée, not the SHE entity in the pictures attached. :blushing:

So no need for the third person :smile:

You look fabulous and what I aspire to someday soon!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My ideal woman
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There I fixed that last sentence for you, it does really sound a little less *****y and a little more pointed when you make your point about what your ideal is instead of picking apart what isn't your ideal on someone else. I'd give you an example of what I mean, but I see you you don't have any photos of yourself anywhere.

This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p. My opinion is that is not ideal. Sorry you have a problem with that. When someone posts something like that, they open it up for criticism. You're right, I don't have any photos of myself viewable to non-friends. I'd rather remain anonymous on the internet.

Again, if you read what I wrote you should understand that there is no issue with having an ideal, we are all entitled to our own ideal. However, the entitlement to our ideals does not remove us from the responsibility associated with how we present our ideal. Simply saying "that look is not my ideal" if very different from saying "I hate her fake boobs." To me, especially on this website, this is an important distinction in the art communication.

i read what you wrote. being completely pc on the internet is not important to me. i don't recall saying "i hate her fake boobs", but if i did that's fine too.

C U Next Tuesday
    Xoxo
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    And Yo is hot. Any of the women saying rude or hateful things are just jealous, insecure brats. It happens.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I wouldn't really want to look like that. She looks good though, but personally, I don't want or like defined ab muscles on myself or women in general. It just looks too masculine to me. Of course, I'm not going to say no to weights, I would definitely LOVE being toned and having muscle, but only to a certain extent. I'm definitely going to lift light weights to tone up after losing weight but only enough so that my muscles aren't too obvious even when I'm not flexing. It's just a personal preference. :)
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am confused as to why this post is so popular lol. If you want to look like her, enjoy your stay and ask questions. If you don't want to look like her, MOVE ON lol. It's not that hard people. Although, I have enjoyed reading some of the aggressive responses. Some of you guys are so angry for no reason and it amuses me. lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yo in September -
    yoinseptember.jpg

Yo is very lovely. Here and in the OP pics (ready for a competition I am reading). She's worked hard. I love her abs and legs. Very inspirational. And thanks for sharing this pic as well. Beautiful. Wishing you both all the best!!

Very pretty bra and panties in this photo. Wondering where they are from.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    She looks very impressive. It's obvious that she worked hard for this. For any women who are using this picture as a reason not to lift weights, because you want a "softer" look, don't. That actually minimizes her accomplishment. This is an example of what a lot of hard work can get you. It's an amount of work that won't happen on accident. Think of this picture as a look that is attainable, with the work she put in, but it's not a typical result from typical weight lifting from a typical person. Weight bearing exercise is very healthy and recommended, including for women.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing, you should both be proud...

It's amazing how easily people can dissect her like she is not a real person. I find that totally bizarre. I've never seen another real person's physique critiqued so harshly on here... There are a dozen success stories a day on here and I've never seen this kind of harsh judgement... people should be ashamed...

^^^ this!! Can't understand why people feel the need to say such mean things when they're talking about someone who's got such a great body. Maybe it's sour grapes (i.e. "I don't believe I can ever have that, therefore I believe that there's something bad about it so I can feel better about not having it")

I can't wait to get back to lifting heavy weights :) currently I can't due to medical reasons and counting down the days until I can

Yo - you look fantastic. I'm totally jealous, but as I don't suffer from "sour grapes" I'm quite happy to say so, and you are an inspiration for me to meet my goals :)
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, :smile:

Thank you for your comments and feedback. It has been one incredible bedtime read after a long day on duty. :smile:

Your comments have been humbling and motivational, indeed.

Brought a tear of happiness in my eyes, so I had to stop for a moment.

Matt and I are very happy to receive such an amazing support and well wishes. We are both humbled and delighted to have you by our side in this personal and amazing journey.

On our Team Wild Facebook page we post everything from videos of our training, to regular updates on my progress and condition. As you probably know we post my current condition review every Sunday, so if you would like to have the first row seat to my preps progress feel free to join us. We welcome you with open arms.

I also appreciate I am not everyone's image of 'perfection' - whatever that represents to one, nor do I strive to be. All I do is pursue my dream and share it with you, if you would like. You may chose to give of our day kindly and respectfully and share your own progress and goals with us, or continue in your path.

Both Matt and I thank you for all your input and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

You can find our Team Wild Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-WILD-Matt-Wild-UKBFF-Gaspari-Rep-Yo-Lazarov-The-Newbie/416793921724418?ref=hl

Yo,

You, ma'am, are my heroine. Brains and braun, and a class act as well. Your dedication is apparent. I almost replied to this thread early on, but became disgusted by many of the replies. It would never have occurred to me, after seeing a MAN's before/after picture, to provide a negative opinion of his progress.

Why so many women feel it is their role to criticize their sisters' success is beyond me. The 'duck poster' someone posted summarized what I was going to say, but I didn't want to judge all women by the hateful responses of a few.

You and Matt are an inspiration. Friend request pending. Now go rock that competition!

Rich
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    There I fixed that last sentence for you, it does really sound a little less *****y and a little more pointed when you make your point about what your ideal is instead of picking apart what isn't your ideal on someone else. I'd give you an example of what I mean, but I see you you don't have any photos of yourself anywhere.

This thread implied that women should lift weights in order to look like the o.p. My opinion is that is not ideal. Sorry you have a problem with that. When someone posts something like that, they open it up for criticism. You're right, I don't have any photos of myself viewable to non-friends. I'd rather remain anonymous on the internet.

Again, if you read what I wrote you should understand that there is no issue with having an ideal, we are all entitled to our own ideal. However, the entitlement to our ideals does not remove us from the responsibility associated with how we present our ideal. Simply saying "that look is not my ideal" if very different from saying "I hate her fake boobs." To me, especially on this website, this is an important distinction in the art communication.

i read what you wrote. being completely pc on the internet is not important to me. i don't recall saying "i hate her fake boobs", but if i did that's fine too.

C U Next Tuesday
    Xoxo

Hahaha, Brilliant - I haven't heard that expression since I was at school. :laugh:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments again guys :blushing:

We will make sure in May and August we celebrate the competition by bringing you a trophy back and showing you the support you gave earned her the competition wins she desires! Even the comments on muscle and being too much for some are gratefully received - this is what the judges will see, the muscle and detail Yo desires for comp day.

Remember however, this is progress pictures for a comp, we wanted to share with you as she diets. In the off season, Yo may well indeed return to a softer look and enjoy some creature comforts in some nice food, she'll have deserved it. Whatevcer she chooses, she'll have earned it.

To me, she is the most incredible person I've met and I am the luckiest guy alive to have her by my side. Yo, szeretlek, és szeretni a többi életünk :heart:

Thank you everyone :flowerforyou: