Why girls shouldn't lift weights like men - disgusting hey?

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    So you come across someone that puts that focus on weights, and only iddle bits of cardio (like I do) and there is an uproar that reduces itself to a boobs conversation (seriously ladies, really?).

Imagine if all of us had this kind of dedication. You'd be shaping your body into your own ideal as we speak :heart::flowerforyou::drinker:

Thankfully, I do lift and cardio is a very small part of my routine. Sadly, my stomach looks like a bulldogs face after dropping the weight after two children. Again, kudos to you and having your routine work for you, but if it were as easy as 'just lift X weight X times for X weeks and you too can look this awesome', I think more of us would have been working harder. It's just difficult to see sometimes, especially when there is so much conflicting information out there about what is best for us.

As for the boobs conversation, I have no qualms there. If that is what it takes for someone to feel comfortable, confident and sexy in their own body, I say more power to them! I'd kill for a tuck and lift. XD
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    oh and my point was that the look was also gained through implants. that is about it. people then proceeded to yell at me.

no one cares if anyone yelled at you, already. just add something positive to the conversation now ok?

k, her abs are nice.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Ok we've established she's got implants, what now guys? :wink: :laugh:

we ignore the attention seekers and continue to discuss how fabulous she is for achieving was she has.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    So you come across someone that puts that focus on weights, and only iddle bits of cardio (like I do) and there is an uproar that reduces itself to a boobs conversation (seriously ladies, really?).

Imagine if all of us had this kind of dedication. You'd be shaping your body into your own ideal as we speak :heart::flowerforyou::drinker:

Thankfully, I do lift and cardio is a very small part of my routine. Sadly, my stomach looks like a bulldogs face after dropping the weight after two children. Again, kudos to you and having your routine work for you, but if it were as easy as 'just lift X weight X times for X weeks and you too can look this awesome', I think more of us would have been working harder. It's just difficult to see sometimes, especially when there is so much conflicting information out there about what is best for us.

As for the boobs conversation, I have no qualms there. If that is what it takes for someone to feel comfortable, confident and sexy in their own body, I say more power to them! I'd kill for a tuck and lift. XD

trust me, it gets better, i swear on my new body, if you just stick to it forever, the results just make you feel SO GOOD... I wish for all girls to feel this strong and happy in their own skin :(

:drinker: I wish you ALL THE LUCK and more importantly, unending willpower.
  • Aviva92
    Options

we ignore the attention seekers and continue to discuss how fabulous she is for achieving was she has.

people are attention seekers because they don't agree with your opinion? okay then.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Someone dared to get fake boobs????

WTH?

:explode: :explode: :explode:

How dare she? I mean really.

:wink:
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It's 1998...I'm sitting in my junior homeroom listening to silly people talk silly.

Oh wait...no...it's people arguing over boobs.

I LOVE BOOBS!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    oh and my point was that the look was also gained through implants. that is about it. people then proceeded to yell at me.

And it was also said several times that she had the implants BEFORE the training, so your point is meaningless.

it is part of the overall look now. it's irrelevant when she got the implants.

Do you honestly think that someone would think that lifting weights would have given that woman those breasts? If they did, let them go on thinking it. More motivation.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862846-challenge-issued

Here you go ladies. Put your money where your rather large mouths are.

Or is it only ok for you to give your opinion on someone else's body?
  • Aviva92
    Options

And it was also said several times that she had the implants BEFORE the training, so your point is meaningless.

it is part of the overall look now. it's irrelevant when she got the implants.

Do you honestly think that someone would think that lifting weights would have given that woman those breasts? If they did, let them go on thinking it. More motivation.

i never really claimed that. it was called sarcasm.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

no one cares if anyone yelled at you, already. just add something positive to the conversation now ok?

k, her abs are nice.

since her abs and shoulders and every other muscle were the point of the thread and not her boobs, kudos for finally saying something positive about her actual hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I think this can also serve as motivation fro those who don't enjoy cardio (I personally can't stand it). I think too many people get the impression that to lose wait and get fit, they need to run on a treadmill or the elliptical for hours on end and the thought of that discourages them from doing anything to improve their health.

This is a great point and one my doctor always brings up. I made a post yesterday that my mom's trainer told her that she had to a ton of running with his program (after she said she had deformed knees) and then told her if she wasn't going to run, to find a new trainer.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

people are attention seekers because they don't agree with your opinion? okay then.

nevermind
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous thread. She looks fantastic and has worked her *kitten* off to do so, so if you want to nitpick about her boobs or it not being 'womanly' - whatever the **** that means - it says a lot more about you than it does of Matt or Yo.
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    This thread is full of so much b.s.. The OP was just trying to show that cardio is not the only way to get a toned body. Have you ever compared a marathon runner's body to a weight lifter's body? I much prefer the body of the weight lifter over the body over the marathon runner. Lifting does so much more for your body than running can imo. I"d rather build muscle and functional strength than be able to run for hours on end.

Thanks to the OP for posting this, I'm starting to weight train and I love to have someone to look at for inspiration!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous thread. She looks fantastic and has worked her *kitten* off to do so, so if you want to nitpick about her boobs or it not being 'womanly' - whatever the **** that means - it says a lot more about you than it does of Matt or Yo.

not ridiculous - some of us are actually having conversations up in here lol
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    She looks awesome! She looks like the kind of woman who could kick some serious *kitten* and look hot doing it! I want here on my team during the zombie invasion.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    She looks awesome! She looks like the kind of woman who could kick some serious *kitten* and look hot doing it! I want here on my team during the zombie invasion.

Me too, hence the training :laugh:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Didn't read any of the posts here but my vote goes towards that she looks completely fantastic, I'm jealous and want muscles like that.