PISSED OFF!!

Options

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just relax.. work out, eat and be good to yourself. You didn't gain it in a day.. Measure your body! then instead of the scale, measure again!

Try that for a few weeks. Don't expect change in a week or two. This is a commitment. Building muscle will lean you out not make you lighter!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    1) You aren't eating enough. 1131 is nowhere near enough, especially with that kind of workout regimen.

2) When you start strength training, it's common for your muscles to retain water. Many people "gain" a few pounds during the first few weeks of a new weight program.

Calm down and read this again......

THIS. EAT.

Also, I cannot stress this enough take your measurements

You may see the number on the scale go up or hold steady at the same time as you see your body shrinking on the tape measure. It takes a while for the scale to catch up, but your clothes will start fitting looser soon.
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    Umm... you just joined the gym 2 weeks ago. Let's have a little patience, shall we. And you need to eat more, as others have said. Giant deficits aren't better than small deficits. Set your goals to 1 pound a week-- or less. It's much more realistic.

I know you're right too...patience has never been a virtue of mine though. I guess I need to re-train my brain...
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. They key is consistancy...long term. PLEASE, do not give up! This is the second time I've had to lose weight. The first time, at the end of three weeks I was up five pounds! I was soooo discouraged, I don't know how I pushed on. BUT! The next week I lost five and then three and then four....in five months I dropped 60 pounds by consistantly eating clean (no calorie counting, just no crap and smaller portions, I really listened to my body) and walking five days a week and doing strength and light weight training. I promise if you keep it up, you'll do it! I started January 1st. I am going to keep pushing. Haven't seen any loss in a week, but I'm down ten for the month so far. I know I had two high sodium days, so I know I'll be down a this week......KEEP PUSHING, be consistant!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I know better than to be so impatient, but we're doing a "biggest loser-style" contest at work and everyone has lost weight but me. It's just frustrating because from listening to what they're all doing, I'm working 10x harder. It just sucked to be the one with the weight gain at weigh-in...

You're working 10x harder, which is great, but you aren't eating enough. They're probably eating enough calories to balance out their exercise.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I completely agree with everything said here... I am no expert, just started doing this in December... I was like you for a long time last year... I cried all the time, I was eating the way I thought I should and working my butt off with no results and I gave up.. I came here and first thing I realized I wasn't eating enough... Secondly I finally got the fact that it is going to take a bit to get this weight off... Hello, I didn't put it on in two weeks.... Slow and steady... Don't give up,
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Umm... you just joined the gym 2 weeks ago. Let's have a little patience, shall we. And you need to eat more, as others have said. Giant deficits aren't better than small deficits. Set your goals to 1 pound a week-- or less. It's much more realistic.

I know you're right too...patience has never been a virtue of mine though. I guess I need to re-train my brain...
    Question: Did you put the weight on in two weeks? No?

Didn't think so.

Also, for the love of everything holy, eat. more. food.
  • cubbies77
    Options
    could be muscle weight if you're doing strenth training - muscle burns more calories than fat so it will be super beneficial in the long run!

After only two weeks? No. It's probably water retention in her muscles. You don't build that much muscle in two weeks.

I agree with everyone who said to take measurements. I've been at roughly the same weight for a few weeks, but I can pull off my jeans without unbuttoning them.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    has your TOM coincided with these 2 weeks?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    so it's been about three weeks... jeez, i wonder what happens to women every 28 days? maybe it's that????

Win.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I'm no brainiac, but when I log my calories for the day and finish the log, if I haven't hit my 1200 calorie allowance it tells me that I am not consuming enough calories, that my body may try and go into starvation mode, and that my metabolism may slow down, thus making weight loss difficult. (I am paraphrasing, here, btw. :wink: )

I am not going to sit here and preach how you MUST eat all your workout calories back because I am doing well to hit my 1,200 allowance on many nights, and others I will eat the h*ll out of what I earned exercising.

That said, if I am understanding the whole calorie deficit thing, if MFP has given you a 1400 calorie per day allowance, it's already done the math and put the deficit in there for you, so 1400 is what you should be eating, even if you choose to ignore the bonus calories you earn from working out.

Does that make sense?
  • joycebug
    Options

Didn't think so.

Geez...I feel like I'm eating non-stop...I used to be a breakfast-skip lunch-have a normal dinner person...Now I'm having to eat something every 2-3 hours.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    has your TOM coincided with these 2 weeks?

Please dont ask questions we dont want the answers to..
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Your deficit is too big. Eat what you're allowed... MFP gives you a deficit already, you don't need to eat way under your calorie goal. You just need to meet it. Ignore the scale and take measurements. I personally wouldn't step on the scale again for a month or so. Give it some time. Two weeks is not enough to see a huge difference.
  • cubbies77
    Options
    Also, as much as I hate to blame things on PMS, that is usually the culprit depending on the timing. I gain around 5-6 pounds of water weight the week before my period. It drove me crazy at first, but I'm used to it now.
  • joycebug
    Options
    so it's been about three weeks... jeez, i wonder what happens to women every 28 days? maybe it's that????

Win.

Really? Did we just go there?? MEN...
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Give it more than 2 weeks.

I agree....also, if you don't know your BRM and TDEE...go here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi, You have to read about the chemistry of weight loss, muscles, fat... water retention, effects of sodium..... and you can't stay in " starvation mode.".... You have to eat, exercise , calm down.... do some yoga or meditate for an hour a day....... and don't worry..... You are on the right track. It is shocking to see the scale number go up... but you might notice you are losing inches and clothes fit better!!! freaky,.... but it has a lot to do with losing fat and gaining muscle, which weighs a lot... Read all of the supportive posts..... Know that you are not alone..... and you will be fine..... You have to wait about 5 to 6 weeks to see the difference ... ie five weeks of consistent correct eating, exercise, sleep, and keeping yourself calm. beause stress does not help......
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eat MORE
    Give it a little time to adjust
    TAKE PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS - I PROMISE - you will see results in the camera and on the measuring tape before you see it in the scale!!!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Didn't think so.

Geez...I feel like I'm eating non-stop...I used to be a breakfast-skip lunch-have a normal dinner person...Now I'm having to eat something every 2-3 hours.

I don't consider 1100 calories conducive to "eating all day" unless you're eating celery. Eat some real food.... nuts, fruits, lean meats. 70g of almonds and raisins together is a whopping 300 calories. It's SO EASY to eat more calories if you make the right choices. Dip your apples in almond or peanut butter. One banana has somewhere around 150 calories. There are tons of ways to add calories to your meals.