PISSED OFF!!

Options

Replies

• naterar
    naterar Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Also you need to give it more time. I know how hard it is to be patient but keep at it. It takes awhile for the body to adjust to working out and get the metabolism time to gear up. Keep at it, it will happen, also only weigh yourself once a week at the most. Keep going it will happen.
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. First of all the second week of any NEW routine for your body will typicall show a halt in loss or a gain... your body is just weird that way, it tries to adjust for the changes based on the history before. Keep pushing through.

Aside from your body freaking out and retaining water to protect your muscles, you are also eating fewer calories and your muscles are really freaking out... again, normal and should return to seeing a loss next week.

As a woman, don't forget about the effects of our natural cycle of life and the bloating that some woman suffer from much worse than others

DRINK WATER!!! you have to have some way of flushing the fat you are burning from your body - other than by sweating. I keep a 24 oz cup with the lid and strw on my desk at work. Fill that puppy between 6 and 8 times per day

Be mindful of sodium intake, sodium will make you retain water which is why it is all that much more important to drink even more the day of and the day after a high sodium consumption day. Flush it out.

Remember when going low carb that artificial sweetener used by the packet is 1 carb per packet. Keep track of your condiments, Calories and carbs need to be taken in account. It can be difficult to eat a full 1200 calories per day but then comes finding snacks, such as almonds, that are high protein, high calorie, low carb or a slim jim to help with that without making you feel like you are force feeding yourself.

Thanks for the advice!!! I promise to take in as much of this information that you guys are offering, it really does help :smile:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would add to all the wonderful advice here is to drink loads of water. It may sound counterproductive but it works. Drink water until your back teeth are floating, go pee, and then drink more. You will not regret it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1) You aren't eating enough. 1131 is nowhere near enough, especially with that kind of workout regimen.

2) When you start strength training, it's common for your muscles to retain water. Many people "gain" a few pounds during the first few weeks of a new weight program.

This. Also, be patient. It takes more than a couple of weeks.
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You need to remember. It's better to be pissed off then pissed on. :-)
    Calm down! Keep up the hard work. You will reach your goals!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    you have to understand your body is going to fight the change. getting pissed is not going to do you any good and this is the main reason most people quit dieting or exercising.

it took me 30+ years to put the weight on, its not going to come off over night. so far i have been at it 6 months (seriously...not halfassing it like normal) and have dropped 60lbs. i have had a few weeks where my eating habits were identical to previous weeks yet i still weighed in heavier.

also when are you weighing yourself? your body will fluctuate daily with a margin of 5 lbs. i keep track of my weigh-ins during the morning (saturdays at 8am) and it is nothing for sudnay morning roll around and have me weight + 4
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    when you up your workouts, your body retains weight while it heals and shrinks back to normal.

Before you go freaking out about natural fluctuations, try tracking your body's NORMAL fluctuations throughout a one month cycle.

when you work the **** out of your muscles, they get bigger....

if you're adopting a heavy lifting routine, you need to throw the bathroom scale out the window and turn back to the mirror and measuring tape like most people lifting.

cause this has nothing to do with your current gravitational pull. what does, really? I mean, unless youre going on a shuttle soon?
  • joycebug
    Options
    Don't get upset, you are doing really well, indeed! Down to your training regime your body replacing your fat to muscle. If you want to lose weight without toning up, don`t train so much.

Thank you...I'm just so used to strength training these bulky muscles...
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Read it, refer back to it often. This guy knows what he's doing. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would add to all the wonderful advice here is to drink loads of water. It may sound counterproductive but it works. Drink water until your back teeth are floating, go pee, and then drink more. You will not regret it.

This. Makes a huge difference.
  • joycebug
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have gained weight ever since I started working out. I weigh more now than I ever have. :(
    It can't be just muscle. I have PLENTY of fat to lose... I don't understand why this is happening.

I am on a 1200 calorie diet and I work out 30 minutes a day. I could use some logical reasoning too!

Everyone's offering tons of sound advice...hope some of it works for you too!!!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Give it more than 2 weeks.

Succinct but great advice!
  • joycebug
    Options
    when you up your workouts, your body retains weight while it heals and shrinks back to normal.

Before you go freaking out about natural fluctuations, try tracking your body's NORMAL fluctuations throughout a one month cycle.

when you work the **** out of your muscles, they get bigger....

if you're adopting a heavy lifting routine, you need to throw the bathroom scale out the window and turn back to the mirror and measuring tape like most people lifting.

cause this has nothing to do with your current gravitational pull. what does, really? I mean, unless youre going on a shuttle soon?

Nope...no space travel for me anytime soon!! And CONGRATS on that insane weight loss!!!
  • joycebug
    Options

This. Makes a huge difference.

Shoot...I'm gonna need to keep a cup in my car to pee in...
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    http://www.extremely-fit.com/fitness-tips/2009/01/gaining-weight-started-working/

I found this article to be extremely helpful. I always gain a good 4-5lbs when I begin working out heavily. Takes a couple of weeks for my body to catch up and the scale starts to move again!
  • joycebug
    Options
    you have to understand your body is going to fight the change. getting pissed is not going to do you any good and this is the main reason most people quit dieting or exercising.

it took me 30+ years to put the weight on, its not going to come off over night. so far i have been at it 6 months (seriously...not halfassing it like normal) and have dropped 60lbs. i have had a few weeks where my eating habits were identical to previous weeks yet i still weighed in heavier.

also when are you weighing yourself? your body will fluctuate daily with a margin of 5 lbs. i keep track of my weigh-ins during the morning (saturdays at 8am) and it is nothing for sudnay morning roll around and have me weight + 4

We weigh in every tuesday morning around 9 am. Just after my "last-chance workout".
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here is an article on boosting your metabolism ; give it more time. Could be the muscle building, could be you aren't eating enough...need to give it more time. I've been working out fairly regularly since last August, but only put it with nutrition a few weeks ago. Lifting fairly heavy, doing cardio, and doing pretty well with eating. I think I've lost maybe a pound, but my pants fit better, people are telling me I look like I'm losing my "gut"...but again, only 1 pound weight loss...but obviously losing fat and building muscle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01/18/boost-metabolism_n_2498854.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-living&icid=maing-grid7|canada|dl5|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D259801#slide=more275431
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Don't give up its not gonna be perfect all the time! It took me 8 months to loose 25 lbs!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    1) You aren't eating enough. 1131 is nowhere near enough, especially with that kind of workout regimen.

2) When you start strength training, it's common for your muscles to retain water. Many people "gain" a few pounds during the first few weeks of a new weight program.

This.

And I'll add one more thing. 2 weeks is WAY too short a time period to draw any conclusions form. You didn't put the weight off overnight, nor will it come off overnight. Take a long term approach and focus on a real and lasting change in your lifestyle, if you do the fat will take care of itself.