DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When I was little my mom had me convinced that Mommys didn't fart. That worked until she was right next to me and she couldn't blame it on anyone. I was little and the story is still funny to my family even to this day.

My mother has had my nephew convinced since he was 2 (he's 7 now) that Grammies don't fart! They just don't!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    That spanish people were considered white... I still tend to believe this, apparently they're Latino's.

I lived in a small city growing up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(demonym)
  • sunsqueak
    sunsqueak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Our family had a similar version... If my mom thought you were lying, she'd ask you to stick out your tongue and pronounce, "It's Black! You're Lying!" Apparently, discoloration never showed up in the mirror. Kept me straight for a really long time (and I'm not embarrassed to say I employed it for my own kids!)
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    That drinking coffee would give you freckles.
  • ludiball
    ludiball Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1. My sister told me that because I am left-handed, I needed left-handed knitting needles. The lady in the store almost wet herself laughing when I asked her where the left-handed knitting needles were kept...

2. The same sister also told me that I needed to be ironed so that I wouldn't get wrinkles.. I still have that scar on my arm....

yeah..I love my sister....
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    That if you did it standing up the girl wouldnt get pregnant.........found out that was false the hard way
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...

This would be the dumbest thing i got someone ELSE to believe...

Y'all know each other?

Bahahaha!
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1. That i would get square eyes from watching tv

2. That if i put my hands in bleach they would disappear....never went near that mop bucket again!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I believed that every show on television was live and happening right now. And that every time I put a movie in all those previews in the beginning were to give the actors time to get on stage.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

I dont feel so bad now. I use to think the same thing :laugh:
    From old silent movies, I thought that everybody moved faster until the Great Depression happened and everybody started moving slower to conserve energy! Dood, I was 3 or 4.... sue me!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I believed that every show on television was live and happening right now. And that every time I put a movie in all those previews in the beginning were to give the actors time to get on stage.
    I used to think that same about the radio. The DJ's talking after each song provided time to switch to another studio. Once the new band started playing, the music would cover up the sounds of the previous band moving out and swapping equipment with the next band. No one told me this... totally my own imagination. Continued to believe until I was 6 or 7 and heard the same song on 3 different radio stations at 3 different points in the song... I finally asked and was told how it was really done.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!
    What?! Jackrabbits do exist. Go to Texas and you will see them alive beside the roads and when they get run over in the road they become "sailrabbits" because then you can pick them up, throw them and they sail away. Seriously, jackrabbits do exist. You just haven't seen one yet. Google it.
  • gailmelanie
    Options
    1. That i would get square eyes from watching tv

2. That if i put my hands in bleach they would disappear....never went near that mop bucket again!
    Actually, if you left your hands in bleach long enough your hands would disappear. Bleach is caustic and it would dissolve your hands, but it would take a while.
  • skowalska
    skowalska Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    lol i believed unicorns were real until i was about 15
  • gailmelanie
    Options
    That spanish people were considered white... I still tend to believe this, apparently they're Latino's.

I lived in a small city growing up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(demonym)
    Spanish people are considered white for medical purposes...Arian. When they sailed west and began depositing semen in the wombs of natives of other lands, that's when they started to look different and became mestizos who were latinos.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me to not swallow watermelon seeds, because one would grow in my belly. To this day, I think about that when I eat a watermelon....LOL...:laugh:
  • gailmelanie
    Options
    I believed my mother knew everything. I was 18 when I realized she didn't and I felt so let down.
  • charlenelockhart3
    Options
    that if i kissed boys my tongue would turn green. My mum used to make me stick my tongue out after school to see if id been kissing boys xx
  • westie2506
    Options
    My parents told me that the chimney at our local hospital was where they sent all the bedding to get destroyed each day...
  • gailmelanie
    Options
    I was 6-7 and mentioned to my Dad that asparagus sure made my pee smell funny.

He replied that this phenomenon was used by doctors to tell if Siamese twins were connected at the gut. They would feed one asparagus and see if the other had smelly pee, thus proving a digestive connection between the twins.

I believed this and repeated it in a chemistry class as we discussed uric acid, and everyone busted a gut.

Thanks Dad.
    I think this might actually be true. I don't think asparagus pee happens to everyone, it's genetic. If they share bowel it stands to reason that absorbption from the gut would occur for both circulations and they would both have the asparagus-smelling urine.