• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Milli Vanilli could sing :embarassed:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

See. I told you. Bad at geography.

I meant I thought it was near Russia. Sounds Russhy.
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My grandpa had me convinced that if I ate carrots I would never need glasses because when have you ever seen a bunny rabbit with glasses right?

Whateve’s .. I now wear glasses and a ate a butt load of carrots when I was young.

:sad:
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I thought the lady on Romper Room would suck me into the television when she used the magic mirror at the end of the show, so I always hid from her during that part.

She never did say my name. :tongue:

I totally thought she could see me, and I was so mad when she never picked me! I would jump up and down and wave my arms and hope she would say she saw Christa!
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    I was the kid that would start rumors or make up stories just to see what people would believe. I convinced the kids (high schoolers included) on my 7th grade bus that I was a witch with magical powers, passed down from greater beings. I was predestined.

Then I started a rumor about me and my best guy friend, that we had sex in a cop car & on the 50yrd line when I was in high school.

I convinced all my teachers in high school that me and this other guy with the same last name (in the same grade) were brother and sister. That we shared the same dad who cheated on his mom with mine, then stayed with his mom raising him. hahahahhahaha I broke the news to one teachers AFTER graduation that it was a total lie.
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That Thanksgiving Dinner dessert is Birthday cake. (had a cousin who was born in the end of November).
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    That the song MaryJane by Rick James was about a woman and not the green ganja! :laugh:
  • happy2beteri
    happy2beteri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i thought all llamas had 2 heads because the only one i ever saw was on the original dr dolittle. age 23 my husband and i are headed to a campground and go past a llama farm and i started freaking out and had to stop and look at them. :blushing: everyone still teases me about it
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    As long as I use condoms, I won't get pregnant. :/
  • 21Pontoon
    Options
    I thought that chips came out of a bag from Iceland, I was 9 until I made the potato connection x
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My brothers told me potatoes grew on trees and tomatoes grew on bushes.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    A nasty little boy on my street convinced me that the mole on my face next to my eye was a tick! So I scratched and picked at it all the time until it started to bleed :(
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    that those sesame street twiddle bugs actually lived in our garden...i was 5...lol
    twiddddd.jpg

OMG! I had issues with Sesame Street! I was scared of the Count Von Count and Cookie Monster. I could swear that cookie monster lived under my bed and the blankets could not touch the floor or it will come out to get me. I slept in the middle of the bed without moving for years! I was also a toddler, but will never forget how scary nights were for me…
  • judyrumbold
    Options
    that a crocodile lived under my bed at night and so I had to jump on to it from about 2 feet away so it couldn't bite my feet when I climbed in
    and
    a spaceman would climb in the loo window whilst I sat on the loo and kill me. I used to watch the window the whole time I was in there and even after I knew this was never going to happen I continued to check the window until I was in my 20's!! Some habits die hard!
  • luvp1nk
    luvp1nk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everything out of my babydaddy's mouth.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hahaha these are so great. I couldn't think of any but a few of these rang a bell.

I remember feeling like the moon was following me.

I remember thinking that married grown-ups were brother and sister.

And I remember being skeptical of EVERYTHING my older brothers told me because they were probably lying to me and I didn't want to get caught being gullible. So they would tell me something and I'd say "Oh really? Interesting." or "That's nice." I still respond that way to people sometimes. :P
  • slyast
    slyast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I was really little my older brother told me that the sauce on Mary's Pizza ( a small chain where I grew up) was made by employees barfing onto something called "barf rocks" and the special rocks turned the barf into pizza sauce.

I still don't like Mary's Pizza.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't remember believing in much nonsense, but I told plenty to my little brother.

I told him banana popcicles had sex to make more banana popcicles. He and his friends used to stack them up and watch and wait.

He got this cheap plastic "pocket knife" at a carnival (this was late 70s) and I told him it was so flimsy, he couldn't even cut a hole in the screen door. He tried. He did. He got in big trouble.

I hope he's gotten a little smarter...
  • Growing up in DC, I thought we had two mayors: Mary and Berry (yes, berry, like the food). It took me a number of years to figure out it was one guy pulling all those shenanigans, Mr. Marion Barry. :ohwell: