DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I thought you had to drink 8 full glasses of water a day instead of 8 cups- making it close to 15 cups.
  • careydesignstudio
    Options
    It was Grown Ups with Adam Sandler and a bunch of other funny guys
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My dad told me that refinery smock stacks in SoCal were the place where the Indians used to cook their steaks. I believed that for a looooooong time.
  • Ansie13
    Ansie13 Posts: 86
    Options
    My friend convinced me cars took blinker fluid... And that it needed to be full for the blinker lights to work. -.- lol
  • nobadkitty
    Options
    When I was about 7, my 12 year old cousin and 10 year old brother convinced me that they were aliens from another planet and that their spaceship was buried in the back yard. I couldn't figure out a way to prove them wrong so I had to believe 'em.

I had a friend who was about 25 years old, and I was cooking tacos. Because I sort of rolled the tortilla around after filling them, he went ballistic and started telling me how much he hated burritos. I said DUDE it's still a taco. Apparently he believed that by rolling the taco up, it became a burrito.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    That if you keep doing that you'll go blind.

Sorry, but I'm no longer able to read this :laugh:
  • Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That the court appointed psychiatrist was a friend in whom I could confide :laugh:
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I thought lesbians were aliens that shot lasers from their eyes. (I have no idea why.)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    That my brother was actually going to come FIND me when he suggested that we play hide and seek. I stayed in that laundry hamper for an hour before I figured out his scheme!

:grumble:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I thought the "In case of fire, use stairs" signs by the elevator meant there might be a fire in the elevator so you should the stairs instead. I could never understand why there was an elevator AND a sign telling you not to use it because it might catch on fire. :embarassed:
  • angelams1019
    Options
    That the song MaryJane by Rick James was about a woman and not the green ganja! :laugh:
    <misunderstood song poker> I'll 'see' your "Mary Jane" and raise you a "Brandy" by "The O'Jays"

BRANDY!!!!! lol Poor dog :(
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I used to think if you jumped at just the right time in a descending elevator that you could fly. I think of it every time I get in an elevator now.
  • angelams1019
    Options

I had a friend who was about 25 years old, and I was cooking tacos. Because I sort of rolled the tortilla around after filling them, he went ballistic and started telling me how much he hated burritos. I said DUDE it's still a taco. Apparently he believed that by rolling the taco up, it became a burrito.

I mean.....Burritos pretty much are rolled up tacos lol You typically fill them with the same things...One is just rolled in a large tortilla lol
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school there was a rumor that BBQ potato chips had either spider eggs or bat poop in it, I can't remember which, but to this day I still can't eat BBQ chips because it grosses me out LOL
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl in school who thought that AD , as in 2013 A.D meant After Dinosaurs.

I used to think that eating toast crust would give me ringlets.
    It doesn't work :(
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    That the song MaryJane by Rick James was about a woman and not the green ganja! :laugh:
    <misunderstood song poker> I'll 'see' your "Mary Jane" and raise you a "Brandy" by "The O'Jays"

Definitely can relate to that! Who knew it was about a dog! :noway:

I believed up until last month that the song "Who let the dogs out?" was about actual dogs and not the less attractive girls in a club. I think a decent part of my childhood disintegrated with that knowledge.
  • GosuLoli
    Options
    Also, my mum told me that when she was little, her sisters told her that she was found under the hedge in the back garden, and she wasn't actually one of them, but my Nanna was too nice to say anything or leave her out there.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that in Wheel of Fortune that the clapping controlled the wheel spinning. Until a very embarassing age...
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I don't want to piss anyone off so I edited this like a champ. Um....
  • kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My dad convinced me that Prince Charles could fly/hover because his ears stick out. When I questioned this he explained HRH could only lift himself a few inches off the ground, but that was still flying.