DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
My father once told me that ALL yellow cars were "Lemons" and that is why I never saw yellow cars driving.
It made sense to me.

Up until a few years ago I belived it, until my fiance laughed at me.

Also, (I've mentioned this before) when watching football games and seeing QB's looking distraught talking on phone on sideline... always thought it was to their parents. NOT THE COACHING STAFF...

Replies

• mtpayne5
    mtpayne5 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    India was a continent......still kills me...
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That my parents earned CELERY for a living.....:noway:
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If I covered my eyes nobody could see me. My parents went along with it, no wonder I believed it lol.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    That eating a caloric deficit could actually result in weight loss.
    I'm so embarassed. :embarassed:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The pullout method worked once, so it should work every time.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I would hear noises from my pillow at night when I slept on my side. I thought it was bugs crawling in my pillow, until I was in my teens and realized it was my heartbeat... :blushing:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    That if you keep doing that you'll go blind.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    when i was a really little kid, i thought that the world was B&W before i was born because all of the TV shows from the 50's and early 60's were in B&W.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    as a kid - My parents had me convinced that cotton came from the jowls of armadillos, and that the big round hay bales with white plastic on them, were actually marshmallows that had grown in that field and had just not been processed and cut down yet....... I believed both of these until I was 10, and I lived in areas that I should NOT have ever believed either of them.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    when i was a little kid in the very early 70's, i thought that the world was B&W before i was born because all of the TV shows from the 50's and early 60's were in B&W.

Jinx, buy me a coke.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    That ducks couldn't fly. I actually wouldn't believe my family until I saw it. I'm usually so gullible that I'll beilieve anything, so I figured they were messing with me.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Pluto is a planet...
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    When I was little I believed that my teddy bear happy come from the teddy bears family pinic lol..... Shut it I was like 5
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!
    that's so cute :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am known for being gullible, anyone who has met me will tell you that.

One thing I remember most was in parochial school (6th grade) two 8th grade girls were telling me how one of them was an extra in Patch Adams. She said she had to shave her head and everything. I bought it.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    That sesame seeds were actually dried tomato seeds.

It's amazing i have gotten as far in life as I have. :blushing:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    when i was a little kid in the very early 70's, i thought that the world was B&W before i was born because all of the TV shows from the 50's and early 60's were in B&W.

Jinx, buy me a coke.

in Pittsburgh, i believe the correct term is "pop".
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Not me personally...but I had a girlfriend once who believed that I could see the wind.