DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...

This would be the dumbest thing i got someone ELSE to believe...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I convinced my cousin that bales of hay were hibernating cows.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Putting salt on the tail of a bird or rabbit would make them freeze.
    I chased rabbits for hours at my Great Grandmothers house.
    She even sent me a rabbit statuette and told me she used salt to catch him. I totally believed her.

:huh: :laugh:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    That my dolls came alive when I was away. That was BEFORE Toy Story ever came about.
    I used to try to sneak up on them.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use to get ear aches a lot as a child. I use to believe if I laid my head down on the ear that hurt the ear ache would fall out!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I got told if you had crabs all you need to do is stand in a bucket of water, wait until they go for a drink and step out to get rid of them

I believed it

Thanks mum

*incidentally i didn't have crabs at the time - or now, or ever.....just putting that out there
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    That if I peed in a swimming pool, the water around me would turn bright yellow so everyone would know.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    that if I held my breath, my heart stopped beating.
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I was little my mom had me convinced that Mommys didn't fart. That worked until she was right next to me and she couldn't blame it on anyone. I was little and the story is still funny to my family even to this day.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I actually believed in Santa until I was like 13..I didn't get the words of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" until after I was married... and you could get pregnant by kissing
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Stickers make it go faster.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    To trust my killer instincts.
    sometimes they ARE wrong.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    when i was a little kid in the very early 70's, i thought that the world was B&W before i was born because all of the TV shows from the 50's and early 60's were in B&W.

Jinx, buy me a coke.

in Pittsburgh, i believe the correct term is "pop".
    unless the request is specifically for a coke :bigsmile:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    that those sesame street twiddle bugs actually lived in our garden...i was 5...lol
    twiddddd.jpg
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I got told if you had crabs all you need to do is stand in a bucket of water, wait until they go for a drink and step out to get rid of them

I believed it

Thanks mum

*incidentally i didn't have crabs at the time - or now, or ever.....just putting that out there

Mhm, sure...
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    "Till death do us part..."
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My brother convinced me once that my mom needed me to bring her a pair of my pantyhose...I thought she was making cheese or yogurt or something like that (which she never made before)...it was pretty stupid but I believed him. He always used to pull stupid tricks on me when we were kids and I always fell for them.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    That if I peed in a swimming pool, the water around me would turn bright yellow so everyone would know.
    kind of the same idea, except that that it would turn red, but now they make dye packs that do that...or so I've been told....
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    "Till death do us part..."

HAHAHHA... yeah... I bought that $#!t too.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    that if I can't hear myself doing it, no one can.....

case in point, I can't hear myself talk....so for the longest time I thought no one could hear me talk and I would say the most sarcastic *kitten*....

until my mother pulled me aside and said if you think no one can hear that you have another think coming...i'm about to lock you in a cage in the house and never let you out in public.

:embarassed:

to this day I think about the people I should probably apologize to.