DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Also when I was little my brother told me girls pee out their butts.

Das impossible dats where babees come frum
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that I could float from Florida to Cuba in a hollowed-out tree.

Hey if my family hadn't believed that I wouldn't be here! :tongue:

I was going to save the poor Cubans from Fidel Castro and float them back with me in my hollow tree. True story. :embarassed:
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I actually believed in Santa until I was like 13..I didn't get the words of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" until after I was married... and you could get pregnant by kissing

Woah woah woah - Santa is real
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My father had me convinced that it was monkey brains in his wonton soup. Avoided that soup right up until a few years ago. My cousins tell me that they convinced me that you could make a peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich and that i was going to try this. Glad the tide was in and I couldn't get me a jellyfish right off the beach.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    While in college I got a job waiting tables in a restaurant specializing in German cuisine. Most of the food they served there was pretty new to me, so I didin't think twice when one of the regulars asked me for a plate of deep fried goat lips. Lets just say they were laughing both in the kitchen and the dining room when I asked the chef for them.
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    That there is more good than bad in this world.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    That if you keep doing that you'll go blind.

lol
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That cats butts don't smell. :wink:

so how did you prove that one wrong?

jus curious
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That I could reach my goal in less than a year.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    That my dolls came alive when I was away. That was BEFORE Toy Story ever came about.
    I used to try to sneak up on them.
    I had to hide my dolls at night.
    I also couldn't hang up coats, because I thought from the shadows that little KKK people were there to get me..

I was odd.
  • MsMelissaG
    MsMelissaG Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    in Prince Charming...

his *kitten* still hasn't found me...

::: sigh ::: :ohwell:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My parent's let me believe until I was a teenager that pancakes was spelled and pronounced panacakes.

I think that is a common misconception --my 7 year old son thinks that too! Came up with it all on his own. Is it wrong that I am not ready to set him straight? LOL
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    That all "little people" were Munchkins from Oz.

I saw my first little person in a department store when I was 4 and I was so excited that I followed them around, yelling to my mom, "Mommy! There's a Munchkin!! There's a Munchkin!!"
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That if i just exercised a lot, i could eat as much crappy food as i wanted & i'd lose weight.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My parent's let me believe until I was a teenager that pancakes was spelled and pronounced panacakes.

Did you grow up in my house?

My brother thought the same thing about girls.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Had my son convinced for years that big round hay bales were dinosaur "poop"
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    That size doesn't matter
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    That bubble gum will stay in your stomach for seven years if you swallow it.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    When i was little, i used to think all my teddy bears and dollies would come out to play at night! Genuinely convinced! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    That cats butts don't smell. :wink:

<<< Allow me to introduce you to Fluffy. I have no idea if her butt smells, but the stuff that comes out of her can burn nostril hair!