DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• rmarie98
    rmarie98 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That once you get married, a baby just appears...
    "so mom, animals get married right?"
    "yup..."
    -.-
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    in santa, easter bunny and the tooth fairy,
  • PharmerRx
    PharmerRx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was REALLY young I used to think the world used to be black & white, because all old pictures were in black & white.

Shutup I was a kid!!

LOL, totally thought the same thing!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that I could float from Florida to Cuba in a hollowed-out tree.

Hey if my family hadn't believed that I wouldn't be here! :tongue:

I was going to save the poor Cubans from Fidel Castro and float them back with me in my hollow tree. True story. :embarassed:

Sweet of you, and I just realized I got it backwards.

Hollowed-out tree.. that's crazy. Now an empty truck tire... that S works!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My dad used to try to get me to eat the crusts of bread by saying, "that's where they hide all the vanilla!"

I totally believed him until I was old enough to read a bread recipe.... lol
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I once believed that girls could fart.
  • louisel809
    Options
    When u said ur prayers you had to clasp ur hands together as that was the microphone that god could hear u with!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I once cried at the store because my mom was buying Aunt Jemima Syrup. I was scared that the bottle would come to life on our table and start talking just like it did on the tv commercials.

I love this.

One time when I was about 7, I was swimming in the Olympic pool and when I dived I saw bubbles rising underwater. For some reason I decided these were sea jellies and refused to go back in the chlorinated water because I didn't want to get stung.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    That size doesn't matter
    Not everyone wants one the size of a forearm. :noway:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Oh and another... when asking my mom about babies, my mother said that you had to, "be a certain age to have a baby"....
    Then when I asked her why her BFF didn't have babies, she told me that she had RETURNED them for misbehavior!!!!!

Da chit my parents used to tell me.... gah!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I once was told that a vegetable dish was hot vegetable ice cream. I ate all of it.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    when i was little i believed my stuffed animals came alive when i was asleep because when i woke up they were all on the floor(i slept with like 5) and some would be a good distance from the bed
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    "Everyone is doing it" :laugh: :laugh:

On a serious note though, I went to a wedding when I was little and saw the bride walk up and all the guys standing there at the front in their tuxes, and I thought she just got her dress, walked up and then picked the one she liked best to marry... made sense to me!!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My childrens father told me that Jack rabbits existed and I believed him up until a few years ago when we were talking about said jack rabbits. He burst out laughing after he saw the very confused look on my face and said "Ddn't I tell you that I was joking with you?" For 10 years I believed the darn things were real!
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Similar to the B&W movie thing ... when I was growing up, my dad used to have a 1967 Studebaker GT Hawk. Once a week, he would take one of us kids out for ride in it. It only had AM radio which was mostly stations with music from the 1940s & 1950s. My brother thought that because it was on old car, all it could play was old music. Too cute.

Edited for a typo.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    First:

When I was at school there were preserved animals in jars (rabbits, frogs etc) - a classmate told me that they were incubating and would be ready to be hatched by the end of the school year.

Second:

When I saw the film California Man with Brendan Fraser I thought 'Estonia' was a made up country for YEARS until a friend actually pointed it out to me on a map.

Third:

A guy I met told me the scar across the back of his head was from being hit with an axe during a fight at a football game.
    I believed him until recently when I saw pictures of hair transplant scarring!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    fox_news.jpg

Just kidding. I never believed them
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Pluto is a planet...

MjAxMi1iZDE5MDdhMTE4M2MxMTFj.png
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My ex husband ever loved me
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    That size doesn't matter
    Not everyone wants one the size of a forearm. :noway:

but you don't want one the size of your thumb either...ask me how I know!

Size only matters if *something* is way too big, or way too small