DUMBEST thing you ever believed

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I remember arguing with my father (when I was seven) that our bathtub was bigger than the town water tower. :tongue:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    For years I did not realize that football players and hockey players wore pads... I thought they had HUGE muscles.
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When my ex said the Craigslist account he created was for finding a new computer....
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    "Till death do us part..."
    agreed. sweet little gullible us...:sad:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Flames make it go faster :P
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that I could float from Florida to Cuba in a hollowed-out tree.

And also that if you laid on top of a book at midnight on New Year's Eve, you would go into the book.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'll just put the tip in...

This would be the dumbest thing i got someone ELSE to believe...

Y'all know each other?
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    That cats butts don't smell. :wink:
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If I swallowed a watermelon seed then one would grow in my belly SMH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My former roommate in college was convinced if she "jiggled the cord, it made the internet go faster." Nevermind the fact we were on a T1 connection and she was jiggling the monitor cable ... but it made her feel better.

My boyfriend (now husband) went along with it ... said, "well, yeah ... because all data is binary, which means it's all ones and zeros. Those zeroes, they can slide right through the port, but sometimes those ones get turned sideways and get stuck, so you have to jiggle it so they get turned the right way so they will go through."

Her eyes were wide as saucers, "Really?"

At this point he and I were both doing everything we could not to bust out laughing.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    A story about a friend, her dearest friends (ha) told her that cattle that lived in hilly areas are bred with one set of legs shorter than the other so they can walk evenly around the hills. -She was not a child at the time either. They said they are called "side-hill" cattle.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    India was a continent......still kills me...

India pre-1947 was called sub-continent
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought the people in the TV were just little tiny people that lived in the TV.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That if I peed in a swimming pool, the water around me would turn bright yellow so everyone would know.
    kind of the same idea, except that that it would turn red, but now they make dye packs that do that...or so I've been told....

This was in a movie recently, can't remember which one but a bunch of guys were in the pool and the water around them turned blue...pretty funny.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I once cried at the store because my mom was buying Aunt Jemima Syrup. I was scared that the bottle would come to life on our table and start talking just like it did on the tv commercials.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My parent's let me believe until I was a teenager that pancakes was spelled and pronounced panacakes.

Also when I was little my brother told me girls pee out their butts.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that I could float from Florida to Cuba in a hollowed-out tree.

Hey if my family hadn't believed that I wouldn't be here! :tongue:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My little sisters (and soon my daughter) all know the plurals of animals:

Zebra - Zebri
    Penguin - Pengui
    Whale - Whali

and so on and so on
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

Hey if my family hadn't believed that I wouldn't be here! :tongue:

you ref