Coconut Oil...who uses it & why?

Options

Replies

• shrinkingjackie
    Options
    I use it for skin, hair, and cooking. I always use unrefined organic raw oils
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    I use it for cooking also and love it, but the best part are the compliments i receive on my hair since i started using it as a hair mask :flowerforyou:
  • christinelyn
    christinelyn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is so good for you and has so many uses. I'll cook with it, eat it off the spoon, put in coffee, make deoderant with it and so much more. Everyone should have this in their house. I like Nutivia.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    benefits: it's delicious. and it's coconut.
  • leahmlenzner
    Options
    I use coconut oil as a facial mosturizer, it's great for you skin. Takes about 10-15 minutes to absorb in skin. My dogs love it too, its great for them as well.
  • shelbystatic
    shelbystatic Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oil Pulling is a good thing to use it for among all the other good uses for it. I have terrible excema and coconut oil is the only thing that helps.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I LOVE coconut oil! I am trying to rid my home of harmful chemicals. I am doing it a little bit at a time.

I decided to try coconut oil on my lips. Because all other lipsticks, chapstick etc..make my lips raw the next day after using them. It works fantastic.

I am now using it as face lotion, body lotion and body lotion for my baby girl...

Next, trying it as deodorant:)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I wonder if you read the same post that i read yesterday lol
  • Hbb13
    Hbb13 Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: great Idea!
  • Hbb13
    Hbb13 Posts: 2
    Options
    I had no idea you could use it in so many versitle ways... I just fried my veggies in it ... onion strings... great!
  • Scrimples
    Options
    I choose it to use for the health benefits. I figure if I'm going to use oil I should at least choose one with the best bang for the nutritional buck so to speak. It also works great and tastes good so it is a winner. As it is a solid it can be used in even more food applications than other oils. Used in recipes where it is melted and then cooled in the fridge or freezer it helps the recipe to firm up. I make my own chocolates out of it too. I melt coconut oil and add unsweetened cocoa, stevia, a flavored extract, a little bit of nuts or unsweetened coconut shreds and freeze in a muffin tin with foil liners for a dark chocolate treat.
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coconut oil! I am trying to rid my home of harmful chemicals. I am doing it a little bit at a time.

I decided to try coconut oil on my lips. Because all other lipsticks, chapstick etc..make my lips raw the next day after using them. It works fantastic.

I am now using it as face lotion, body lotion and body lotion for my baby girl...

Next, trying it as deodorant:)

YES! This is why I started using it as well. Trying to rid of chemicals in my home
    I use it for so many things....

Cooking,, chapstick, on skin as a moisturizer, oil pulling, hair mask with honey, conditioner, remove rust, as a supplement when low on energy or digestion, remove labels/price tags, Body scrub with sugar, on sunburns, bug bites, bug repellent, clean leather, sore throat, toothpaste with baking soda, deodorant with corn starch, allergies, aftershave, furniture polish, so many other things.
    Love it!
  • KrystalHocevar
    KrystalHocevar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump... love all the input and uses
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Cooking and shaving my legs - just not at the same time ;)
  • miss_believer
    Options
    I love coconut oil! I use it for my hair, skin, and cooking. It's fabulous.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I use it... awesome in your hair, great in cooking, sure why not make items for personal use with it.
    Someone show me where they got the info that it is antibacterial, anti viral etc. It is made from bloody coconuts which have no such qualities.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Once a week, i put a teaspoon of it in my hair , overnight. Wash it off the next morning. Helps with conditioning and keeping it soft.

I also cook with it. It goes with everything, savory and sweet.

I have a bottle of organic coconut oil that i use as a body moisturizer. Its the BEST!
  • ellenaj52
    ellenaj52 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use coconut oil for my skin and put it on every day instead of regular lotion. I also use it to cook with at times. It makes really great popcorn! It is good for you in many ways...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of using coconut oil until about a week ago. I didn't realize it was a solid. I was looking for it among the olive, saffron and grapeseed oils.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use it in my coffee in the morning . It's a great appetite suppressant.
    Lots of other great ideas here too!i