Anyone else only working out at home ONLY

Options
167891012»

Replies

• AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, too. I have a variety of cardio and strength training DVDs, weights, bands, and a jump rope. I did a boot camp for a month (groupon), but the others in the group were 15-20 years younger than me. I don't want the expense of a gym. Eventually, I would like to have a trainer to help me with my strength training, but like the gym membership, can't add the expense right now.
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    do you have netflix? they have a ton of instant watch workout videos...
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Definitely love working out at home. I do have a treadmill which I use a few days a week, workout vids, 2 sets of free weights and used to jump rope. TONS of free workouts on youtube leaves me never bored. I do cardio, cardio with strength 2 days a week, and yoga stretching every day with Denise Austin. Harvey Pasternak 5 factor fitness is a great book for home workouts as is Body For LIfe which also has the whole plan free online. Good luck and I think that whatever makes you want to get up and move is the best thing to look for :) I have also found that the public libraries have a lot of workout DVDs and health/fitness books, so you could get some ideas for free that way as well.
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I workout at home too. I do Wii Fit and the Just Dance series on the Wii and Your Shape: Fitness evolved 2012 and Dance Central on the Xbox 360 with kinect.
    I also try and go walking or cycling on the weekends if the weather isn't too bad.
    Having to fork out money for gym memberships isn't appealing to me. I have the world on my doorstep so why would I want to be stuck on a treadmill in a gym. It just isn't for me!
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    I work out from home also. I use the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds dvds. Love them and have been losing weight with them.
  • pawsnpurrs
    Options
    Hi Glad to see others are working out with Gazelle glider, I also use Tai Chi Dvd way kewl stretch workout, i have resistance bands in all colors i am at beginner level, when i do walk i use trek poles,, i blew out my kneecap last year and do not want to do it again this year..I love wearing hand weights, we have so many tools for home workouts..i remember my mom holding a can of beans in each hand for weights, using towels for resistance bands, and doing really weird bicycle in the air movements to loose weight in 50s wow..before that she worked in fields next to Amish now that is a work out at home LOL
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My wife hated the gym but not I got her turbofire she's managed to do it every day for nearly a month bar 1 yoga workout.

Myself I love working out at home and saving wasting time with a commute. I still go to a couple of classes at the gym just for variety.

Would recommend www.dailyhiit.com or Insanity/Turbofire for home workouts
  • unskinnybop1
    unskinnybop1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    skipping in my back yard- you know jump rope style. Burns lots of calories
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have just started to work out at home, and it is a bummer for me because I dont have the motivation to do it.... but we can afford a gym membership right now so im looking for good you tube videos, etc.... any suggestions?