Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    WHY do women wear makeup to the gym is my question?

I don't... my face gets all itchy and it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross! I've done it a couple times because I was in a hurry to get to spinning and I regreted it 10 fold later when my chin broke out :P

If you want to be a model, go to an agency... the gym is to workout, not look pretty.

Edit: I don't wear makeup to work because I go to the gym everyday... if I do need it for later on, I bring it with me and applying AFTER my workout.

Why do you care is my question.

I wear makeup and this doesn't interfere with my workout. I am not sure why it would. I also train hard, very hard. I see lots of women at my gym that wear make up too and are working out the way one should! So your comparison of a model agency and a gym is silly IMO.

TBH, I don't really care. It's your skin that's going to be affected, not mine.My gf works as a medical esthetician and she tells me a lot of the damage she sees is mostly from the sun (tanning) and people wearing makeup and not washing it off (before sweating - so workouts - and before sleeping bed) it clogs poors. I just don't understand why people would want to damage their skin?!? My skin is like a 20 year olds and as soft as a baby's butt because I take such good care of it. Either way, it's up to every individual to make the decision for themselves. That's why I ask, "Why do women want to wear makeup to the gym?" knowing the effects. It's not to be rude, it's a serious question! I just don't understand?!?

As for going to the gym to "look pretty"... I go to the gym to keep fit and look awesome with and without clothes... and I succeed :) But, makeup for me will make me break out and age quicker, so I do without. I love my close-to-perfect skin!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My skin is like a 20 year olds and as soft as a baby's butt because I take such good care of it. Either way, it's up to every individual to make the decision for themselves. That's why I ask, "Why do women want to wear makeup to the gym?" knowing the effects. It's not to be rude, it's a serious question! I just don't understand?!?

As for going to the gym to "look pretty"... I go to the gym to keep fit and look awesome with and without clothes... and I succeed :) But, makeup for me will make me break out and age quicker, so I do without. I love my close-to-perfect skin!

I guess I am lucky then because my skin is in excellent condition too. I am also happy I can look "pretty" as you put it, and look awesome with and without clothes whether it is at the gym, office, or out at night.

I just don't think because it doesn't work for you or others, it doesn't work for everyone. I am done with this subject because I really think is pretty silly that people care so much what others do at the gym.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My skin is like a 20 year olds and as soft as a baby's butt because I take such good care of it. Either way, it's up to every individual to make the decision for themselves. That's why I ask, "Why do women want to wear makeup to the gym?" knowing the effects. It's not to be rude, it's a serious question! I just don't understand?!?

I guess I am lucky then because my skin is in excellent condition too. I am also happy I can look "pretty" as you put it, and look awesome with and without clothes whether it is at the gym, office, or out at night.

I just don't think because it doesn't work for you or others, it doesn't work for everyone. I am done with this subject because I really think is pretty silly that people care so much what others do at the gym.

I'm with ^^ - My skin is better now than when I was 15yo. People rarely guess how old I am because I have taken care of my skin. But I go in the sun a lot, sleep with my make up on occassionally and oh the horror... I work out in my make up. There are days that I go for a run or the gym directly from work. I'm not going to wash my face first - I just workout. Why an individual wears or does not wear make up is their own business. Some may feel better about themselves, some work out right after work, some are vain - who cares. Does it affect *your* workout? If not....move along!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    My take: Who the **** cares, mind your own business. If you are going to judge someone for wanting to make themselves attractive while in a place people go to make themselves look attractive then you must have some personal reflection you need to jump on.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.

or sitting on the squat rack talking to his girlfriend in the 7 minutes he is taking between curl sets

tumblr_mgqsyzL1nN1qdgi1xo1_250.gif

Ok so our gym as this going on too! But in my case, the girl LOOKS like she is serious about her health and strength but giggles like a complete moron! So glad hubs bought a set for home so I don't have to deal with her as much anymore.

if you hadnt said row machine, Id have freaked out you were talking about me. :( I laugh all the time int he gym. Celebrate and high five too. :sad:

That's all good :)

.... As long as you get away from what I need to use!!!!! :wink:
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a wildebeest once I get going, so make-up would be somewhere between a waste of time and a serious pain. I'd rather not have to spend three days picking glitter out of my eyes or having to scrub foundation out of the collar of my shirt. Not to mention I'd look like the Joker after 10 minutes.

As for impressing anybody, I work out on an Air Force base. This body isn't getting any attention unless someone thinks I'm going to have a heart attack.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The make up I have is very $$$. Whats the point in putting make-up on when its just gonna drip off me and/or clog my pores.
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't wear much, but then again I rarely wear heavy makeup normally anyway. Maybe a tinted moisturiser and waterproof mascara.

I don't get why some girls get all weird about it, if you wanna wear makeup and know it won't run etc go for it! Its your skin at the end of the day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I don't... my face gets all itchy and it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross! I've done it a couple times because I was in a hurry to get to spinning and I regreted it 10 fold later when my chin broke out :P

If you want to be a model, go to an agency... the gym is to workout, not look pretty.

Edit: I don't wear makeup to work because I go to the gym everyday... if I do need it for later on, I bring it with me and applying AFTER my workout.

She said why. She prefers it, feels more like 'herself' and has more confidence.

If she felt more like herself, more confident and just preferred wearing pink socks to the gym, would you be just as harsh on her - simply because you have a different personal preference? or you wear Vibrams or whatever?

Way too harsh.

How would you feel if you got to the gym and were greeted by a bunch of nosey people that said you cant work out in the gym you pay to be a member of, unless you stop wearing your favorite color to workout in?

seriously?

petty and unnecessary, uncalled for, meanness.

people who love wearing makeup, usually also love the ritual of caring for their skin.

loving makeup doesnt mean you have bad skin either. It just means some people can do it and some cant and the people that DO wear makeup to the gym, never judge the people that dont. But flip that around and you'll find something interesting.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.

or sitting on the squat rack talking to his girlfriend in the 7 minutes he is taking between curl sets

tumblr_mgqsyzL1nN1qdgi1xo1_250.gif

Ok so our gym as this going on too! But in my case, the girl LOOKS like she is serious about her health and strength but giggles like a complete moron! So glad hubs bought a set for home so I don't have to deal with her as much anymore.

if you hadnt said row machine, Id have freaked out you were talking about me. :( I laugh all the time int he gym. Celebrate and high five too. :sad:

That's all good :)

.... As long as you get away from what I need to use!!!!! :wink:

I promise to keep my barbell very far away from your machine :frown:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross!

fji7ap.gif
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    "You're a McDonald, not a *kitten*!" :)
    macdonald.PNG

Don't care about the makeups in the gyms.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup in the gym, but when I do it's a very light rouge, light mascara and pink lipstick. I always anjoy my workouts when I feel pretty.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I wear some make up at the gym because it makes me feel more 'done up' and motivated. I don't really do it for others at the gym, just for myself.
  • Nu_Primal_Me
    Nu_Primal_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My take: Who the **** cares, mind your own business. If you are going to judge someone for wanting to make themselves attractive while in a place people go to make themselves look attractive then you must have some personal reflection you need to jump on.

This! ^^
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair & makeup artist.. and most times I am going to the gym straight from the salon, so I am usually that weirdo in the gym all made up lol. but if I am not going to the gym straight from the salon I am usually bare faced!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I prefer no make up at all on women. Just seem even more silly at a gym.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym straight from work, so I typically have makeup on. Do I APPLY makeup before going to the gym, hell no, I don't give a **** what I look like there. But if it happens to be on before I go, I'm not going to remove it. =/
  • yoovie
    Options
    tumblr_mh5vllC0lC1rho8kpo1_500.gif
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup in the gym, but when I do it's a very light rouge, light mascara and pink lipstick. I always anjoy my workouts when I feel pretty.

:heart: