Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• feliligram
    Options
    I don't ever put on make-up to go to the gym, If I go and I happen to have make-up on. Its whatever. :D
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually go at the end of the day, and I already have make up on. If it's on a weekend, it's usually in the morning and I don't have make up on.

I don't bother putting it on or taking it off before the gym because it's not important to me at the time. I go in whatever state i'm in!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    WHY do women wear makeup to the gym is my question?

I don't... my face gets all itchy and it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross! I've done it a couple times because I was in a hurry to get to spinning and I regreted it 10 fold later when my chin broke out :P

If you want to be a model, go to an agency... the gym is to workout, not look pretty.

Edit: I don't wear makeup to work because I go to the gym everyday... if I do need it for later on, I bring it with me and applying AFTER my workout.

One of the main reasons I go to the gym is to look pretty. I count a great butt, killer quads and great arms as "pretty"
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Who cares what ppl think?? :-| Go with or without if you feel like it! ;-) I go with all the time :)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If I already have makeup on, I won't go out of my way to take it off before going to the gym, but if I'm not wearing any I won't bother to put it on because I'll just sweat it off anyway.

I know it's stupid and petty but I kind of HATE it when I see other girls there wearing tons of makeup and they have their hair all straightened and flowing all over everything. It's like, "we get it, you're hotter than the rest of us, now go away." I also hate the super fit chicks that only wear sports bras and booty shorts -- partially due to jealousy, and partially due to the sheer gross-out factor of having that much of your upper thigh/lower buttcheek touching the machines.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    We live in a day and age where you can go to the gym in makeup OR you can go sans makeup!

OP - feel free to do whatever you like!!! :flowerforyou:

- - -
    ETA: People often get mad at me b/c they think I am wearing eyeliner, but sloths just look like they have eyeliner on. Or maybe they are mad b/c it takes me a loooong time to do my workout.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    We live in a day and age where you can go to the gym in makeup OR you can go sans makeup!

OP - feel free to do whatever you like!!! :flowerforyou:

- - -
    ETA: People often get mad at me b/c they think I am wearing eyeliner, but sloths just look like they have eyeliner on. Or maybe they are mad b/c it takes me a loooong time to do my workout.

I think I love you
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i only wear makeup a few times a month, that being said, i dont wear it to the gym, i sweat too much and dont want that sweaty makeup feeling on my face. i hate the feeling of makeup on a normal day, so... thats just me!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people care. If I have make up on going to a workout (and I usually do because it's right after work) I try to wipe most of it off. When I start to sweat, I don't want make up all over a towel or my sleeve, whichever gets used to wipe it up. But seriously, why does anyone care that I came in with a full face on?
    (makes mental note to remember to put make up wipes in gym bag) :smile:
  • Nu_Primal_Me
    Nu_Primal_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The very fact that people at the gym may notice and form an opinion on whether you should or shouldn't be wearing it means they are focussing on the wrong thing during their 'woorkout' time...that's tehir issue. Who cares who wears what? I care more about how people treat each other in the gym and respect space, machine usage, etc.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup almost every day, but I would go to the gym before putting it on in the morning.
    I am there to sweat everything off so I can't imagine it would do my skin any favours or look any good melting down my front!
    If I was only going to the gym and then back home I wouldn't bother as it would be a waste of makeup.
  • brendadees2
    Options
    I hardly ever wear makeup. I think all women are beautiful without makeup.... but its your decision, your body do as you want! :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I dont care either way
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I could use all the help I can get...I put my makeup on to go to my mailbox.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I almost never wear makeup anywhere.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Usually I would go after work; I'm usually wearing full make up. When I would go in the morning on weekends or whatever, I would just put on my eyebrows (looked nuts without them!). I don't have an opinion one way or another; it doesn't make me think less of someone wearing makeup in the gym!
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    Why anyone would have a strong enough opinion to judge someone wearing, or not wearing make up is pretty silly.

I usually wore make up as I went after work. Luckily my skin doesnt break out at all - therefore I wouldnt go out of my way to take it off.

Whatever you're comfortable with!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    WHY do women wear makeup to the gym is my question?

I don't... my face gets all itchy and it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross! I've done it a couple times because I was in a hurry to get to spinning and I regreted it 10 fold later when my chin broke out :P

If you want to be a model, go to an agency... the gym is to workout, not look pretty.

Edit: I don't wear makeup to work because I go to the gym everyday... if I do need it for later on, I bring it with me and applying AFTER my workout.

Why do you care is my question.

I wear makeup and this doesn't interfere with my workout. I am not sure why it would. I also train hard, very hard. I see lots of women at my gym that wear make up too and are working out the way one should! So your comparison of a model agency and a gym is silly IMO.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There's no shame in wearing makeup to the gym, but it's going to get washed down the drain soon after. Personally, I wouldnt give a care about what I look like at the gym. If someone is butt ugly but is working hard, they have my respect. Just keep your focus on exercising rather than looking pretty.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I normally workout in the mornings and dont wear make-up. One day I put on lipgloss cause my lips were dry and when I walked into my box the coach said "Wait.. you have make up on. Are you sure your ready to work out?" lol. He knows I never wear make up

Once a week I go to the afternoon class and if I've put on make up earlier that day then yea, I wear make up while working out.