Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.

or sitting on the squat rack talking to his girlfriend in the 7 minutes he is taking between curl sets

tumblr_mgqsyzL1nN1qdgi1xo1_250.gif

Ok so our gym as this going on too! But in my case, the girl LOOKS like she is serious about her health and strength but giggles like a complete moron! So glad hubs bought a set for home so I don't have to deal with her as much anymore.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Makeup free here.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No real preference.

If a woman is attractive and makes herself approachable, I'll notice her and approach her, makeup or no makeup.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Haters are always gonna hate. Do what makes you feel good! :flowerforyou:
    I agree with this completely.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing make-up at all, it's usually for 2 reasons.

1) On a night out.
    2) I look like death, or have terrible skin.

The first obviously doesn't apply to the gym, but if the second was the case, I would probably wear it about 50% of the time (depending on my confidence levels) regardless of the location. This includes the gym. Not saying it's a full face, but enough to reduce the things I don't like currently (usually some concealer or something)

I don't really care who wears what to the gym. I'll admit, if they have a full face and their not doing much, I'm thinking "wtf?" but if they're working hard then good for them.

Oh, and if I have some on already in the day, and I go to the gym after - I'm not taking it off.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym at night, and I'm not going to wash my face off just for the gym, lol. But if I go on a weekend day, I usually won't wear it since I won't shower and stuff beforehand.

In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter. I mean unless people are acting like straight up douchers in the gym there's no real reason to get all pissy about them, kwim?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    if your hot, go for it. if your not, don't bother, no bodies going to notice anyway lol. yes i'm intentionally being an *kitten*

i'll go in sweaty from the workout 30 min ago, smelling like a gym sock with a full bed head. who cares, if your really there to work, your not going to look to pretty at some point. not everybody is there to work tho, but as long as those people stay out of your way, what is there to ***** about?
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I don't care. Just don't come with a ton of smelly stuff on and I don't care if you have makeup on, only wear a sports bra, jiggle, don't jiggle, sweat enough, not enough or too much. Just don't wear perfume or cologne and choke me while I am working out.

This is my opinion as well.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Those of you who need makeup to feel good about yourselves need couch time with a shrink. God made you beautiful; makeup only paints your face.

reported, attacking and insulting other members with a hint of divisive topic hijacking.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.

or sitting on the squat rack talking to his girlfriend in the 7 minutes he is taking between curl sets

tumblr_mgqsyzL1nN1qdgi1xo1_250.gif

Ok so our gym as this going on too! But in my case, the girl LOOKS like she is serious about her health and strength but giggles like a complete moron! So glad hubs bought a set for home so I don't have to deal with her as much anymore.

if you hadnt said row machine, Id have freaked out you were talking about me. :( I laugh all the time int he gym. Celebrate and high five too. :sad:
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    I usually do not. I normally go to the gym at 3/3:30am. If it's on a night I have a Class (Spin, Zumba, ect)....I do. Only because I am to lazy to wash it off before class. I don't see the big deal either way. If someone wants to wear makeup to the gym, have at it!!
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If I'm coming home from work, I already have makeup on. If it's my day off and I go to the gym and don't have to put any on, then I won't. No reason to put it on when I'm just going to sweat it off! I'm not there to impress anyone, just do my own thing and go home.

But for other women it's a thing of comfort. No reason to judge anyone because they do or don't wear makeup. :)
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I end up working out after work so I still have make-up on. But I always end up regretting that I had PUT makeup on because I sweat it off and look like a raccoon. O_O

Really I'd rather go to the gym bare-faced because if I'm going to work out, I want to make sure I'm huffing and puffing and red-faced and sweating everywhere and essentially look like crap. That's how you know I had a good workout. :P
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have some on bc I was too lazy to take it off. Usually I don't wear make up...

Either way, I stand in front of the mirror and make sure my form is correct.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I only wear makeup to the gym when I go there after work. I only wear mascara and eyeliner anyways. On the weekends I don't bother putting any on.
  • ejensen86
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym - I clean my face before working out if I do have makeup on. I tend to do hard workouts at the gym so sweating and makeup don't go together. I could care less what other people do at the gym as I'm there just to train.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    WHY do women wear makeup to the gym is my question?

I don't... my face gets all itchy and it's embarassing to see women who have their nice white towels full of black mascara and concealar... it's gross! I've done it a couple times because I was in a hurry to get to spinning and I regreted it 10 fold later when my chin broke out :P

If you want to be a model, go to an agency... the gym is to workout, not look pretty.

Edit: I don't wear makeup to work because I go to the gym everyday... if I do need it for later on, I bring it with me and applying AFTER my workout.
  • phil13hirons
    Options
    I'm there to workout, dont really pay any attention to what others are wearing/looking like..... honest :)
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    I don't wear make-up when I'm working out just because I'm not there to look cute..I'm there to sweat & work my butt off. :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It should be required