Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I shower after I work out so I don't worry about removing my make up. Plus I workout at night so it's not like I put the make up on to workout, I'm just not going to wash up before sweating and then washing up again.
  • JenniferO1982
    JenniferO1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work four days a week, so I wear make-up those days. I go Saturday mornings too, and I go bare-faced that day. I truly don't think it matters. I don't care when I see a woman in full-face or bare-face....we are all there for the same reason...to get some exercise, right? It never really occurred to me that I might be annoying people simply by coming to the gym after work with my make-up on...not like I care. Tee hee.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    who cares??? I don't give a **** what people wear to the gym, especially if they have make up on!!! I'm not there to analize ...Im there to workout ..if people wearing makeup to gym bothers you , you have more serious issues to deal with
  • compumomma
    compumomma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of women wear makeup in the gym. I go at lunch and a lot of people are taking a break from work so I don't think twice about it. What drives me nuts is someone who douses themselves in perfume and then goes to the gym. It makes it hard to run on the treadmill and breathe in all that.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!!!! ITS ALL ABOUT LOOKING HOT!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Who cares what people think about it. I don't understand why is such a hot topic. It doesn't impact anyone but the person wearing/not wearing makeup

Now wearing strong perfume to the gym is something that bothers me because IMO when perfume and sweat mix is just nauseating! That impacts me because I have to smell it.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Doesn't affect me so who cares?
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It seems maybe someone had made you feel uncomfortable about it. I don't think there is a problem wearing make-up at the gym. I wear hoop earrings and jewelry to the gym. Not anyone's business and if they have a problem...well it's their problem not mine. Enjoy the gym, it's your time:smile:
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, so I never go to the gym early (unless it's a weekend or I have the day off). I go straight from work, and to the gym and change. I don't wash the makeup off, but I don't touch it up either. So it's whats left after a full work day. Hair goes in a ponytail or a bun and I am off.

I don't look glorious, and when I leave I have ratty hair and a red face.

I see some women who get "dressed up" to workout. There are a few teen girls who cordinate their socks, shirt and water bottle (yes I said water bottle), there is one lady who prepps in the mirror for like 10 minutes before she works out (but her body is sick, so I don't judge...she's doing something right) and then there is this lady who kinda looks like me, black pants, big t'shirt but full face makeup (I assume she is more prone to touchups than I am).
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.
  • JanFisher6926
    Options
    I've just read post after post from beautiful young women who seem to be OBSESSED with appearance and makeup. It is nice to read one from someone who is confident in and comfortable with her own natural beauty.

God made you beautiful; makeup only paints your face.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    From a guy's perspective, I couldn't care less. To tell the truth, when I'm in the gym I don't care much about anything that's going on around me as long as people aren't doing stupid things which directly interfere with my workout. A girl could walk in wearing full makeup, an evening dress and high heels for all I care - doesn't affect me in the least as long as she isn't doing bosu ball triceps kickbacks in the power cage for 20 minutes while I'm waiting to use it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't put make up on to go to the gym - however I don't take it off before I go to the gym if I have it on from work etc...I don't really think about it too much!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm not going to take the time to wash my face before working out just appease someone who should mind their own business anyway. It's MY face. Just do your thing and I'll do mine. Whether or not I'm wearing make-up is not going to impact anyone's workout.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work and don't wash my make-up off...do what makes you comfortable. I don't give two $hits about what other people think of me at the gym - I'm there to work out and get healthy...
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I only wear makeup if I'm going somewhere special like on a date with my boo, My day starts at 6am and I would rather have the extra half hour of sleep then wear make up. So I don't wear make up to the gym. I used to when I wore makeup daily. I have no issues with people who chose to wear makeup at the gym, I dont see a point in the girls who spend time in front of the mirror in the locker room doing their makeup and then come back to the locker room after their work out and their face looks like a depressed clown from their makeup running everywhere on their face. But to each their own.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    In the gym, there is a definite difference between those women wearing makeup to impress, and those women wearing makeup because they came from work (or some other place). Those often wearing it to impress are those interesting to watch. Most often they fit the stereotype of those not there to work out and just be a distraction.

These are my generalizations, and those that I show my sons as we go to the gym. They are forming their own opinions. They talk to women when there. I tend to believe they choose to talk to the girls not only because of makeup, but because they are young men. To me I could care less, but will laugh at Bozo any time I see it...
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I've never understand why this creates so much discussion either. As long as she is really working out, not just watching others work out, and it isn't causing an injury risk (running in her eyes and causing her to misjudge racking the weight), I could care less.

As to what someone else said, I like to make up in the gym but I work out at home with my wife, lol.

Do whatever you feel most comforatble with and will therefore help you achieve your goals.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I can't get it up to give a ****e if someone comes in looking like they are about to go to a ball. I'm more concerned with the jerkface in the corner hoarding all of the weights and using the seated row bench as his/her resting spot.

or sitting on the squat rack talking to his girlfriend in the 7 minutes he is taking between curl sets

tumblr_mgqsyzL1nN1qdgi1xo1_250.gif
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't because I'm lazy. I try to go to the gym before I shower/do my hair/do my makeup, then I go home and do that stuff and carry on with my day so that I don't have to do it twice. I don't make an effort to look nice at the gym but if you do, eh, go for it.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I've just read post after post from beautiful young women who seem to be OBSESSED with appearance and makeup. It is nice to read one from someone who is confident in and comfortable with her own natural beauty.

Those of you who need makeup to feel good about yourselves need couch time with a shrink. God made you beautiful; makeup only paints your face.

Well, this is a bit harsh IMO. Maybe you need time with the shrink to see why you are so hostile?