Makeup in the gym. Where do you stand?

Options

Replies

• aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post

Yeah but would you be concerned enough to want to address it in the forums? Obviously not concerned enough to use the search function :ohwell:

Obviously she was concerned enough to post it in the forums. If she wasn't then she wouldn't have.

No one made you reply to this post. You can take your bum elsewhere if you don't like it. And stop checking back in if you're so opposed to the post :happy:

THIS! If people can start those "I hate girls who wear makeup in the gym because it definitely means they are there to pick up guys" posts then she can start a "what's the big deal about wearing makeup in the gym?" post.

Personally, I wear makeup because I come home from work and am nonstop with my girls until I FINALLY get them in bed at night and sneak off to the gym. I don't have time, nor does it cross my mind to take my makeup off. I don't care what people wear in the gym, but yes, it's frustrating that people want to bash others on how they show up looking (with makeup, without makeup, in cute gym clothes, or in bunny slippers), acting like they could NEVER be concerned with how they look in the gym because they are "so focused" on getting a burn. Well, if that were the case then you honestly wouldn't have noticed the girls wearing makeup in the first place. *rant over* :blushing:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I too wear make-up everywhere I go. No caked-on madness, just to look good. It makes me feel good about myself and that's all that matters to me. When I'm done with my workout I look like a sweaty mess anyway :laugh: and I don't care!!

Haters are always gonna hate. Do what makes you feel good! :flowerforyou:
  • starrchiild
    starrchiild Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After making up there is often opportunity for intimacy. I think it's best to talk it out and make up at home....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    spits out beverage
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    ..I don't care, judge or even notice. Wear whatever you want to the gym.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter.....just thankful people are working out to get healthy.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hey, let's face it... some people NEED makeup.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    If I already had makeup on, i wouldn't take it off to go to the gym. Now, if it was saturday or sunday and the only place i went was TO the gym, I definitely wouldn't put it on to go. lol
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't care or even waste time thinking about it. Maybe those make-up wearing people are coming from somewhere else like work, class, shopping, etc.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    i don't wear makeup to the gym because i have natural zombie-face (pale, lumpy, appears to be rotting off my bones). since i hate being spoken to by strangers, keeping my zombie-face out in the open is a very good deterrent.

helps me workout in peace.

i also remove any make-up i have on before grocery shopping for the same reason.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When I put it on where do I stand?

In the squat rack...
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If I already had makeup on, i wouldn't take it off to go to the gym. Now, if it was saturday or sunday and the only place i went was TO the gym, I definitely wouldn't put it on to go. lol

I am this way as well.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The owner of my spinning studio wears bright lipstick, even when she's teaching classes. I love that look; it says "I can be fun and glamorous and kick butt all at the same time!"
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    if i work out after work, i'm wearing light makeup (concealer, foundation, mascara).

but i hate that, because when i wipe my face with my shirt i get streaky makeup smears.

usually i workout in the morning without makeup.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    On work days I do because I don't want to be bothered with cleaning my face before going to the gym when I'm just going to shower when I finish my workout. I'm too lazy to clean it twice. Now, on the weekends I don't put make-up on just for gym time but wait until after my wo & shower.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Personally, I take mine off because sweat plus my crappy skin= MEGA breakouts!

If you are wearing heavy perfume to the gym- I will judge you. A girl with heavy perfume got on the elliptical next to me once and my throat instantly closed up and my eyes started watering badly. I had to miss the second half of my workout because of that.

If you are wearing make-up, I don't care; that doesn't effect me in the least bit.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Such a none question seeing as it's "something I wanted to address for a while". Do you think anyone actually cares if you wear make up to the gym?

Actually some do. I've seen a lot of those "I hate those little gym bunnies wearing make up and skimpy work out clothes and just standing around flirting with the lifting guys" post

exactly. i've seen many a post on here where people do that. plus there's that new planet fitness commercial that makes it seem like no cute girls go to their gyms :laugh:

anyway, i try to take my makeup off because otherwise stuff would get in my eye and it's hard concentrating on a workout with burning eyes.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think its up to the girl! Some ladies like to lacquer that stuff on, others like to keep it to the bare minimum. Regardless, if it isn't bothering you then keep on wearing it! I go to the gym straight from work, I don't wear a ton of makeup (concealer, mascara and blush) and I just leave it on, sure it looks a little different after but I don't care. I feel like myself and I'm there to workout.

On a lighter note. I have gone to the gym sans makeup before and it was not for me! I feel like myself and more confident even just with some mascara on :)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup ever, besides going to weddings or other events I may put on some eye makeup, but never foundation. I am a sweaty beast, and I just sweat it right off. So I definitely don't wear it to the gym. But I have friends who won't leave their house without makeup, including the gym. Doesn't bother me if people want to look cute at the gym. I am too sweaty to even notice.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever wear makeup, so generally no, I wouldn't wear it to the gym. But if I was wearing it anyway one day, and then went to the gym, nah I wouldn't really bother taking it off. Although I'd worry about it sweating off, haha, but I don't wear enough for that to happen ... normally!