Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Blue from "Blue's Clues" is a girl. Always thought a blue dog would be a boy.

I am totally with you on this one. I think they did it just to mess with people's heads :noway:

Wait....what? Blue isn't a boy? How is it I'm only just learning this now???

I was speachless when I found out too. lol. I still don't understand it.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I am totally with you on this one. I think they did it just to mess with people's heads :noway:

This is such a letdown...Blue is a girl....sigh
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

My 2 year old figured this out.
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    The time I wore new black jeans, and had grey-ish blue hands and arms all day long.
    I was on Web MD aaalllll daaaay trying to figure out if I had circulation problems, and if I needed medical attention... Turns out it was the dye that transferred onto my arms. Figured that out at like 4:00pm that day. :grumble:
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    In the song "Africa" by Toto it's NOT: "There's nothing that a million men on mars could ever do."

I sang it that way up until a few years ago. Never really occurred to me that it didn't make sense.

:embarassed: um....what is the lyric?

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I love that song :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

And Magenta is a boy.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

And Magenta is a boy.

Liar! Magenta is a girl. Periwinkle (the cat from next door) is a boy. http://www.nickjr.com/blues-clues/about-blues-clues/blues-clues-characters.html
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I remember the day that I learned that not only is Blue a girl, but also Magenta is too. It was a sunny, but cold day in late January. I was sitting at my computer when I found out. And I certainly felt dumb.
  • halffullpgh
    halffullpgh Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I thought cruise control meant you could let go of the steering wheel and the car would drive itself.

Please tell me this was before you actually started driving?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I feel dumb when anyone quotes a movie. Period. True story: I never once watched A Christmas Story until last year when my friend bought the movie for me. The first thing that's sad about this... I grew up just outside of Cleveland where it was filmed. Second... I'm 24 years old!!!

me too! i think they're all intelligent and witty, turns out it's a movie quote :grumble:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just found out on Tuesday that Washington, D.C. is in "the District of Columbia" which is NOT a state it's a district why am I explaining this you probably all know it already.
    /CanadaEh
    Please note that this person does *not* speak for all Canadians...
    Anyone who's ever counted could be very clear that DC is not a state. Let alone just reading an acronym.

no, but she speaks for me, and I'm canadian. no need to be snarky and make people feel stupid.
    That user seems to be a bit of a misanthrope.
    No, just don't care for the first poster's implication that she's ignorant because she's Canadian. Plenty of Canadians know quite a bit more about the States, and her ignorance is hers alone.
    I've seen other misanthropic posts from you, as well, and I think you're allowing yourself to be a little too butt-hurt over a post that wasn't intended to be anything more than "funny" or "silly".

hahah butt hurt...i want to be your friend
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    One I learnt a few years back that astounded me was that sweet mince pies (the kind you get at christmas) don't actually have meat in them. I always thought the idea of minced beef and fruit together was gross so never tried them...until I was told its actually 'sweet mince meat' which is basically fruit.
    I also thought money laundering is where you accidently leave cash in clothes when you wash them...oh and that the black market was a market in Germany until my second year of university (shameful for a criminology graduate)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    sex
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That "DC" stands for District of Colombia 0_o

prepare yourself for more disappointment...

it's spelled Columbia.

hahahahaha! :laugh:
  • anitajoypedro
    Options
    When I realized Obama's them Yes, We Can! Was from Bob the Builder! ugh
  • andreacordd
    Options
    That there is an actual Roadrunner (animal) ~ not just the Beep! Beep! cartoon one AND apparently there is a car that is also called a Roadrunner! I did not know this. :/

:laugh: this one god me ! especially the beep ! beep ! part.
  • Oppy4722
    Options
    There's a local company called Hammond Lumber... and when I realized they only sold lumber and not ham... mind. blown. I suppose I always knew it was a strange combination
  • lilteepot
    Options
    When I realized that there is a recipe for light and dark brown sugar. For light it's granulated sugar and molasses, for dark it's granulated sugar and more molasses.

*blink. blink.*

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Can't think of anything.....but I'm looking forward to the day that my 5 yr old realizes we did NOT rescue him as a baby from under a rhubarb leaf, covered in chocolate and being toted off by a bunch of mice in military uniforms.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That IHOP and International House of Pancakes were NOT two different places ...

I was going to say that! The really funny thing is that I was reading the thread and thinking about what I could add. I thought, Oh, I can say the IHOP thing and the very next post was yours. XD

But, yeah, this.