Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options
swordsmith
swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
For me - no idea until a few years ago that your garden variety pickles are just cucumbers (pickled of course)

Replies

• DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Slugs (the bullets that been fired) are called slugs because they shell is gone
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Slugs (the bullets that been fired) are called slugs because they shell is gone

I just learned this.... just now. And I feel dumb for not having known that.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When I realized that there is a recipe for light and dark brown sugar. For light it's granulated sugar and molasses, for dark it's granulated sugar and more molasses.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.

On a related note: Have you ever seen the "Pachelbell Rant" Youtube video? Same idea but really funny...
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I found out the other day while looking up gardening tips that Chipotle Peppers weren't an actual type of pepper I could grow. They're just smoked jalapenos...I'm ashamed.

But, I WILL be growing jalapenos in my garden this year!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I thought cruise control meant you could let go of the steering wheel and the car would drive itself.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name (the first manufacturer) not from Automatic Rifle. AR's are not fully automatic and fire one round at a time exactly the same way a pistol or shotgun do.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Learning that the lyrics to Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" were really "Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me.." and not "Piggie Piggie Piggie..."
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I found out Chick-fil-a meant "Chick/chicken fillet." lmao. Still cracks me up.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    When I found out girls really do poop and fart.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I thought limes turned into lemons.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    That you can't be Elite if you eat fast food.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    That IHOP and International House of Pancakes were NOT two different places ...
  • krizz5u6
    Options
    That Morocco was not in Europe... clearly geography is not my strong suit
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I thought for a long time if you swallowed gum it would clog your heart and you would die.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That GEICO actually stands for Government Employees Insurance Company. I seriously thought they named it that so they could use the cute little gecko in the commercials :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    That you can't be Elite if you eat fast food.

I :heart: you