Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

That when calorie counting the calorie amounts are more if you are not on a 2000 calorie diet. IE Orange is 70 calories (based on a 2000 calorie diet) but is about 85 when based on my calorie level.

Wait, what now? Percentages of things change based on the calorie level you consume, but a calorie is a calorie.

Im sorry I got it backwards- not calories- Fat and nutrients- can change from calorie intake http://www.fda.gov/food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/NFLPM/ucm274593.htm- ex on a 2500 calorie diet the fat levels change by 5 g for the same food for a 2000 calorie diet. Not all do it- but when you watch fat its annoying lol.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Um, I don't feel dumb when I learn something new, and you shouldn't either :flowerforyou:
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    That "DC" stands for District of Colombia 0_o

prepare yourself for more disappointment...

it's spelled Columbia.

Life=ruined.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That the yellow line during televised football games isnt made my tiny men running across the field with paint rollers after each play.

OHMYJINKIES!!! :noway:
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That my husband IS right sometimes :laugh: :tongue:

Really? Mine never is :wink:
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options

That when calorie counting the calorie amounts are more if you are not on a 2000 calorie diet. IE Orange is 70 calories (based on a 2000 calorie diet) but is about 85 when based on my calorie level.

Wait, what now? Percentages of things change based on the calorie level you consume, but a calorie is a calorie.

Im sorry I got it backwards- not calories- Fat and nutrients- can change from calorie intake http://www.fda.gov/food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/NFLPM/ucm274593.htm- ex on a 2500 calorie diet the fat levels change by 5 g for the same food for a 2000 calorie diet. Not all do it- but when you watch fat its annoying lol.

How can the amount of fat change in a food without changing calories?
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.

^^^This. Just learned this.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That baby carrots are not actually babies, but cut down adult carrots :tongue:

Really..s OK i think i'm blushing now
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How harmful a lack of racial and gender diversity in media can be. Checking my white privilege up in here.

^^ Go back to tumblr. I hope there are no more of you types of people on this site............

Related to topic: I thought chipmunks were just baby squirrels, not two completely different animals.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I have two things (probably more but don't want to look like an airhead)...

1. I thought duct tape was really duck tape. I couldn't work out why ducks would need tape.
    2. I work in a hospital and for a good 7 years I didn't know what the acronym BIBA stood for. It's Brought In By Ambulance.

Facepalm.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Missouri my entire life...I didn't know until I was 26 and on vacation in Texas, visiting with a Canadian woman, that Kansas City was both in Missouri and Kansas...

I promise I'm not usually this oblivious...
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    The day I realized the moon wasn't 'self-illuminating', it was actually the sun that made it bright. I was like in my teens and I still just shake my head when I think about it. Must have slept thru that part of science class or something!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.

*sings all 3 songs to self...dang it!

:frown: :noway: :noway: :huh: :blushing:
    ^^^This. Just learned this.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    When I found out girls really do poop and fart.
    WHAT!!! since when??!?!?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    That baby carrots are not actually babies, but cut down adult carrots :tongue:

Really..s OK i think i'm blushing now

There are baby carrots and baby cut carrots. One is baby carrots, the other is the trimmings off old carrots.

Still freaks me out that animals "say" different things in different languages. http://www.eleceng.adelaide.edu.au/personal/dabbott/animal.html
  • ccindpls
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I recently learned (from someone on here too), that rabbits are classified as Lagomorphs, not rodents. That was an eye opener. :happy:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    When I realized that there is a recipe for light and dark brown sugar. For light it's granulated sugar and molasses, for dark it's granulated sugar and more molasses.

Wha!! This can't be true!! You mean I could just make my own brown sugar! How long have you known this and why haven't you shared this before now?
  • IsabellaC45
    IsabellaC45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I used to think gonorrhea was a country in Africa. :/