Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    i didnt know that when cats have babies they move their litter to a different basket after about a week,
    so when i came home and saw 1 kitty missing i freaked out and thought my cat ate a kitty!!!!!
    it went into this long story of my friend and i having a panic attack and throwing holy water on the kitties and the cat..
    and trying to make it come out from under the bed by feeding it a piece of lunch meat so it stops eating my kitty.....
    we got soo scarred and the mommy cat even pulled ANOTHER cat under the bed!!
    OH WE WERE IN A HUGE PANIC!! we were screaming and yelling thinking that my cat ATE ANOTHER BABY!!
    at this point we moved all the cats still "alive" to another room, locked the door, and said a prayer...
    my friend and i were so scared that we didnt want to come by the mommy kitty because we were scarred she would scratch our faces or eat us or attack us (we thought my cat had rabies) why else would the mommy cat bring 2 babies under the dark bed!!!!
    at this point we were crying and walking in circles we made ourselves sooo scarred that we left the house and luckily we saw
    two maintence men!!! :)
    so we told them our story and they came in our house to move our bed!!! OMG WE WERE SOOO SCARRED OF SEEING 2 BLOODY KITTENS!!
    they moved the bed and saw 2 healthy kittens with the mom breast feeding them... all the kitties looked up at us and my friend and i looked at the maintence men...
    the maintence men looked at us and asked " what are u guys on?"
    LOL!!!! haha!!!! omg we were soo scarred though!!! we were just soooo hung over and with that lack of sleep i guess it made us paranoid... ahh the good ole days...... after they left we were still a lil shaken up so we slept on the living room floor... (away from the healthy kitties)

thats what drinking to much liquor the night before and having only 3 hours of sleep will do to you.... lol... that was probably my dumbest moment ever... especially that we sprinkled holy water on the kitties because we thought they were possessed.. lol....

DR;TL-Reader's Digest version please (do they even still publish that?)
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    When I was younger and my dad made steak he cooked it medium rare. To get me to eat it my mom told me it was "meat juice". Fast forward to me being in my early 20's and having dinner with friends:

Friend: Ugh, how can you eat that bloody mess
    Me: It's not blood
    Friend: What do you think it is?
    Me: meat juice
    Friend: :huh: what?
    Me: oh....facepalm
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Corn is not a vegetable, it is a grain. Oh, and when I found out Neil Patrick Harris was gay. I felt more sad than dumb on that one. :sad:

That's how I felt about Matt Bomer.

WHAT?? Matt Bomer is gay????? :sad:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I thought limes turned into lemons.
    hahahaha, I thought limes were un-ripened lemons
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Had a big revelation in (Catholic) church that I needed to point out to my future wife:

"Have you noticed that every church has the same pictures on the walls?"

Her response:

"Dumba$$ that's the stations of the cross."

Out of all of these, this one made me LOL!
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That the yellow line during televised football games isnt made my tiny men running across the field with paint rollers after each play.

OHMYJINKIES!!! :noway:

Hahaha! Over Thanksgiving my 85 year old Grandma kept asking how those got there! She thought they were buried under the ground and popped up every play!
  • CalvinLosingIt
    CalvinLosingIt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I used to think gonorrhea was a country in Africa. :/

Please dear lord do not tell us how you found out the truth! :embarassed:

This made me laugh so hard, reminded me when I was in grade 8 and my friend was jealous because he did not have HIV, thinking that it was a tofee.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

Holy *kitten* you just blew my mind.......
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    Learning that the lyrics to Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" were really "Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me.." and not "Piggie Piggie Piggie..."

LOL..too funny ;P
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    That women will NOT get bulky from lifting heavy! And I'd been killing myself with hated cardio for YEARS with no results. *headdesk*
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    That not every show on tv is taped before a live studio audience. When someone told me (while i was in college) that it was a laugh track, he totally ruined tv for me.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Not me, but my kids. When Neil Diamond's song was out, they sang "Reverend Bluejeans" instead of "forever in bluejeans". Still makes me laugh every time I think of it. ha ha

I only figured this out about four years ago. I was 42 at the time. I sand "The Reverend Bluejeans" up until seeing the lyrics online somewhere. I said, "Ohhhh... Yeah, that makes a lot more sense."
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I thought cruise control meant you could let go of the steering wheel and the car would drive itself.

WHAT!!!! That doesnt work?
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That all the continents were once one large land mass! I know I know...you can TELL just by looking at a map.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    In the song "Africa" by Toto it's NOT: "There's nothing that a million men on mars could ever do."

I sang it that way up until a few years ago. Never really occurred to me that it didn't make sense.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    How easy to find the serpent emblems are in RE6... I went through the book after collecting nearly all of them realizing that the ones I was missing were so easy to find :laugh:

Or something a little less game related.... I didn't realize how sodium-riffic most processed foods are, it wasn't till I started tracking that I realized how bad they were and how much I had been consuming all these years... made me feel stupid thinking my 'healthier' choices at restaurants were just as bad as anything else on the menu.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    That there is no magical string holding up airplanes. But worst of all, that Mr. Rogers was NEVER my neighbor :(
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    My brother and I used to think that music on a radio station was being played live in random vans driving around. And we always tried to look for the vans, and match people's moving mouths to the music. LOL. We also scrambled our brains trying to find out how little people lived in the TV. I think my brother even considered taking the TV apart to find them..lol
  • GracesEternalDawn
    Options
    I just found out on Tuesday that Washington, D.C. is in "the District of Columbia" which is NOT a state it's a district why am I explaining this you probably all know it already.
    /CanadaEh

I loved this.. i died laughing. xD
  • zimfour
    zimfour Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Men do not need to use tissue when urinating. Found that out 1 year ago

AND...we pee standing or sitting!!!! :laugh: