Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The time I wore new black jeans, and had grey-ish blue hands and arms all day long.
    I was on Web MD aaalllll daaaay trying to figure out if I had circulation problems, and if I needed medical attention... Turns out it was the dye that transferred onto my arms. Figured that out at like 4:00pm that day. :grumble:

I did this. Only I had dark blue jeans. My hands were blue and from my symptoms my doctor thought I had some rare disease. Turns out I just needed to wash my hands and not dry them on my pants...whoops
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    that wtg means way to go...i always thought it was a different version for wth or wtf
  • Judyndisguise
    Judyndisguise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That the interstate road numbers really have a meaning! North/South end in odd numbers and East /West are even and the numbers start in the lower left of the US.
  • lindaamarie
    Options
    Oranges grow on trees! Found that out last year
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That Turkeys can fly and nest in trees and not on the ground,

But only wild ones. Domesticated turkeys are too fat and, if dropped from a plane, would hit the ground like sacks of wet cement. If you don't believe me, look up the WKRP turkey episode on YouTube.

BWAHAHA - As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That "schnapps" and "cognac" were actually the names of different kinds of BOOZE - - not just the names of my pet dogs when i was little (thank you booze-fueled 70s culture).........and that i didn't actually know this until i was 19 yrs old.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    that you are supposed to say "I couldn't care less" instead of "I could care less"

it sure makes sense when you think about it. If you could care less, it means you care some

Not unles you REALLY did care some, and now you could care less.... ehehehehehe
  • jinxypinxy
    jinxypinxy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always thought the phrase was "for all intensive purposes", found out that it was "for all intents and purposes" a month or two ago!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    That a vomitorium wasn't nearly as disgusting or interesting as it sounds. Stupid theater classes.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    In the song "Africa" by Toto it's NOT: "There's nothing that a million men on mars could ever do."

I sang it that way up until a few years ago. Never really occurred to me that it didn't make sense.

:embarassed: um....what is the lyric?

There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I love that song :)

So i just found this out today :)

i prefer my version :D
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    the lyrics to Stevie Wonder's song........"signed, sealed, delivered"...thought he was saying "Im still living'....:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    Okay, I know this is a bit gross...

But I never realized that some people wipe standing up and other wipe sitting down. I thought there was only one way!! Apparently it's almost 50/50. =S
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I live near new orleans, and it wasn't until high school that I realized that mardi gras wasn't a national holiday
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I live near new orleans, and it wasn't until high school that I realized that mardi gras wasn't a national holiday

it should be! GO SAINTS
  • CalvinLosingIt
    CalvinLosingIt Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That all the continents were once one large land mass! I know I know...you can TELL just by looking at a map.

If I'm right it is Pangaea. Learned this from Kim Possible who says cartoon can't be educational.
  • Webona293
    Webona293 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Learning that the lyrics to Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" were really "Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see, sometimes your words just hypnotize me.." and not "Piggie Piggie Piggie..."

LMAO!!!
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    That "TOM" wasn't just some creepy dude . . .

I thought you were talking about someone named Tom..... And I just realized what T.O.M. Really is.....

* face in palm, shaking my head * I feel like such a goober......
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    That Lex Luger was not the arch-nemesis of Superman.

Yeah.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just found out the the Piggly Wiggly was the first ever self service grocery store.

I am VERY SAD that although I am staying in Florida in April I will be too far away to visit one. *cries*
  • ShamsZahar
    Options
    In winnie the pooh the mother kangaroo is named KANGA and the baby is named ROO. Put it together and you get kangaroo. I figured this out in high school.