Things you never knew that when found out made you feel dumb

Options

Replies

• Jmbean84
    Jmbean84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I always thought marshmallows grew on trees. No joke! When I someone finally told me how marshmellows are MADE, I felt like a complete idiot!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Apparently smiling is a really big deal, and it doesn't count if you don't show teeth.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I always thought marshmallows grew on trees. No joke! When I someone finally told me how marshmellows are MADE, I felt like a complete idiot!

Oh my!! That made me laugh so hard good thing I was sitting down or I would of had to cross my legs so I wouldn't pee my pants.. Yes that's how hard you made me laugh.

Okay no more blonde jokes guys... wink we are smart!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Apparently smiling is a really big deal, and it doesn't count if you don't show teeth.

No more smile comments.
  • sissiluv
    Options

No more smile comments.
    Thanks. I'll admit, getting that comment several times a day over the span of a month and a half is a little grating, moreso when I get the same comment when I DO try to smile.
    I'm even getting PMs about it. Gofig. : P
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

If it makes you feel any better - they used to be made out of plant juice. And there really is a plant called the marsh mallow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshmallow
  • whierd
    Options

No more smile comments.
    Thanks. I'll admit, getting that comment several times a day over the span of a month and a half is a little grating, moreso when I get the same comment when I DO try to smile.

I guess this is something I feel dumb about, because I liked your smile picture and thought you would be encouraged to take a pic with a big cheesy grin. =\
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Green Bay isn't in California....:laugh:
  • sissiluv
    Options

No more smile comments.

I guess this is something I feel dumb about, because I liked your smile picture and thought you would be encouraged to take a pic with a big cheesy grin. =\
    Lol really? I was told I looked 'unimpressed' and various other words with connotations holding the meanings 'sarcastic' and 'arrogant', and after continuing to get the 'smile' comments I sorta just said screw it. /shrugs/ Can't please everyone so I may as well be out to please myself! c:
  • whierd
    Options
    Nah, I just figured you didn't like your smile and felt uncomfortable smiling for pictures.

As long as you are pleased. :)
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

i can relate to this! i thought green bay was in florida for the longest time! who knew it would be in wisconsin! :grumble:
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

i can relate to this! i thought green bay was in florida for the longest time! who knew it would be in wisconsin! :grumble:

Oh my gosh, thank you!!! :laugh:

When I think of "green"...I don't think of cold a** Wisconsin lol. And for some reason, when I think of "bays", I think of CA...despite growing up on the Chesapeake Bay lol.
  • missmarymcmcmc
    missmarymcmcmc Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That it was OK to cut the tag off of a pillow when it says do not remove!! haha Don't ask me what I thought might happen if I did!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    That in order to have cows keep producing milk, they are made pregnant constantly. Once they give birth... the female cows are kept & raised, the cycle continues. The male cows are sent to slaughter as young as 5 days old.

Makes me sick thinking of it & from today we are totally dairy free in this house.

The way these 'bobby' calves are treated is appalling.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    that my ex was married while i was with him.
    that he was sleeping with his other ex he left his wife for, (physically but not legally yet.)
    that said ex was pursuing other women while with me.
    that this ex was also "dating" his wife at certain holidays while telling me it was okay that I wanted to hang out with friends.
    that this same ex was telling work people i was the nanny and scheming to marry the accountant at his work because she owned her own home and he did not.
    that every time he said "i love you" he'd probably said it to someone else the same day.
    that some of my family would choose my ex instead of me when we split because they thought I knew all this even though none of them told me any of this because they are his drinking and smoking buddies.
    that blood is not thicker than water.
    that water is thicker than blood, or at least beer is.

that's the dumbest I ever felt, ever. never been lied to so much in my life, and never will again most likely. first because I'm with a great guy now, who leaves no room for doubt but secondly because really how many people are capable of that much lying?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    That Jodie Foster was gay....love her...but seriously was I the only one who didn't know this?

didn't know that either.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    that cinco de mayo was the Fifth of May.

Back when I worked at a grocery story and we we doing a promotion for an upcoming cinco de mayo cerebration, I asked the manager what day was the celebration going to held. He just look at me like I was dropped om my head a lot as a child.
  • aaashle_y
    Options
    When I realized that the same melody was used for Twinkle Twinkle, ABCs, and Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I'm still upset about this.

Awe, SON.OF.A . . . . MAN!!!! ^^^^ That right there totally trumped what I was going to post. I feel like an *kitten*.

now they use mary had a little lamb for the ABC's if it makes you any better
  • aaashle_y
    Options
    Me and my friend and his two coworkers from over-seas went to dinner together on their last night in America. I sat down and said "Hello, where are you guys from?" They said "Austria" I then said "G'day mate, put another shrimp on the barbie lol lol" Then they said "No we are from Austria not Australia" I thought Austria was like a cute nickname for Australia. I had no idea they were completely different places. I felt so stupid and I cant imagine what my friend thought. I'm sure they went back home and told all their friends and how stupid Americans were.
  • Bobanji
    Bobanji Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am learning so much!! :noway: