Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Woo i can't wait to start lifting! :drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I am sure like minded people will praise your utter rudeness. Perhaps you should spend more time working on your abrasivness and less time ridiculing others. If you don't like what someone says about weight lifting, then speak your mind and move on. Those who don't want to do that have their own reasons. Condescending arrogance will motivate no one.

You are one of the two (just joined, no progress) people that said this in a thread that's at five pages of people going, "YEAH. RIGHT ON."

Re-evaluate.

Your point? Are saying that people new to the site and just getting their weight loss going are not just as entitled to comment? See my previous comment in that case.

I said my point. You should re-evaluate your belief that "condescending" (by the way, OP wasn't being condescending; she was pointing out that weight lifting is MUCH more than simply attaining a trim physique) arrogance (OP wasn't being arrogant; she was stating pretty standard info you could ask any doctor, look at any chart, or go to any legit medical or scientific website and find: lifting strengthens muscles and bone density to help against age related issues later in life) isn't motivational. She is, as many have shown, being very motivational with the things she's saying. It's generally a pretty good thing if someone corrects someone when they're doing something wrong; ie: Someone mistakenly thinks weight lifting will make them bulky, or that's it just for appearance. That's why she doesn't just "see it" and "move on."

Also, no where did I say you're not entitled to comment; I simply pointed out that being rather green in the process, you aren't necessarily one to make pretty generalizing comments of "This will motivate no one."
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This is so true, I just joined this site to lose my baby weight.....then I started noticing all the women with super hot bodies, seemed they all lifted weights...

So I thought I'd give it a go and to my surprise I ENJOY it and I am amazed how much difference it has made to my body in a much shorter time than all the cardio in the world would ever have done!

I used to suffer from terrible lower back pain....not anymore!

Try it, what have you got to lose?

Me, too. After having six babies, I learned to like my body again...weights made an amazing difference.
    And then I was so hot, I got pregnant again. :bigsmile: I continued with weight training well into my third trimester, this was my easiest pregnancy, and recovery has been lightening quick. Coincidence? I think not.

To the OP-- :drinker:

SIX BABIES?!? And ANOTHER ONE?!? You deserve to have a statue erected in your honor, woman!! :drinker: :drinker:

7 kids? She doesn't need anything erected anywhere near her..... that's how she got this many.......:laugh:

Congrats though young lady. :flowerforyou:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :happy: you all, with the exception of a few, are amazing. Thank you

I wish you all the very best in your pursuit to health & lasting happiness!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey Folks,

I have locked this topic because its not respectful to tell other people to shut up. The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group or in a new topic that starts differently.

From our community guidelines:
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
    Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Sincerely,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.