Women on the front lines??

Options
So I heard this morning on the radio that the US Military is now going to allow women on the front lines. I am all for the gender equality bit in business. For example, I do the same job as a guy but he gets paid considerably more isn't right. Equal pay for equal work is how I feel. But there are just certain things that we (women) are not and will not ever be able to be equal with men at on a regular basis. I also think that worse things will happen to a woman if she were ever captured than would a man. How do you feel about the new ruling?

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Word of advice, I would take this topic to a group there is a debating group at which you can post this topic in:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/133-debatable-debating
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I would REALLY love to tell you what I think, really, like, you have no idea.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    As a Veteran, I proudly support this. If you are in for equality, then be in all the way. Otherwise, you are living the lie for equality.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Women serve on the front lines in Israel. So already your point is blown out of the water.

A poli-sci teacher told me this in college:

"In combat should you come across a woman and two men coming to get you.. kill the woman first. The men will stop to help her. In combat the woman will not stop to help the men. She will also kill you quicker and more viciously than the two men."

NEVER underestimate a woman.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am quite curious precisely what you feel are "certain things that we (women) are not and will not ever be able to be equal with men at on a regular basis"?

Do I feel all women are equipped to do the things required of combat. Well no, but I don't think all men are equipped to do what is required on front lines either. And neither does the military, not all men are put in the front lines. Historically they just haven't been prevented from even trying to attain those goals.

What I don't agree with is giving women completely separate fit eval goals. I know last year the marines asked for women to try, two signed up and they did not pass the requirements. But that is ok. Their fitness was apparently evaluated based on the same standards as the men. That is the right way to do it. Not all men can pass those requirements, many women will not be able to either. But should a woman pass those requirements, why should she be stopped from attaining a combat position?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Women serve on the front lines in Israel. So already your point is blown out of the water.

"In combat should you come across a woman and two men coming to get you.. kill the woman first. The men will stop to help her. In combat the woman will not stop to help the men. She will also kill you quicker and more viciously than the two men."

^Truth.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    But there are just certain things that we (women) are not and will not ever be able to be equal with men at on a regular basis.

I also think that worse things will happen to a woman if she were ever captured than would a man.

Give examples. Please.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I love women.

That's all I got...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You will never know what you are fully capable of doing until you are pushed to your limits...I learned this in basic training. Some women are not capable of being on the front lines the same as some men are not capable. There are some women I would prefer to stand next to on the front lines than some men. Besides - throughout history, women have always been out there, whether it was allowed or not.
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    But there are just certain things that we (women) are not and will not ever be able to be equal with men at on a regular basis.

I also think that worse things will happen to a woman if she were ever captured than would a man.

Give examples. Please.

Peeing standing up?

Thats about all i can think of...
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    The Isreal army already tried this and it failed miserably. Men were not emotionally equipped when they saw women blown up or mortally wounded in combat and it made them less effective as soldiers. I believe woman can handle combat, but the ingrained nature of a man being a protector for woman could be a detriment to the mission.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love women.

That's all I got...

Um, don't you mean woman...singular?
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    This is going to get interesting
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I love women.

That's all I got...

I think he meant "I love Dani".
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's been reposted in the group I linked up top... in case anyone wants to debate it with a much lesser chance of it being locked.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned. We are generally more vicious than men, are more likely to kill another based on principal, less likely to care if we hurt someone who is a threat. I am all for it. If a woman chooses to be that bada$$, I say let her!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I love women.

That's all I got...

I think he meant "I love Dani".

I think I just got busted...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    If a woman wants to serve in combat, then let her serve. We have an all volunteer force for a reason these days. Those who serve WANT to be there.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I HAVE AN OPINION.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I would stop the target first before tending to the injured, in this situation.