Women on the front lines??

Options

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I like joking that about the sexes, but in reality I believe if a person wants to do something, they should not be denied because of their sex. Yes, there are things that seem to be more suited for either a male or female, but if that person is suited/capable to do something, their sex should not be the deciding factor if they can or can’t be allowed to do that something.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A p!ssed off woman scares the bejeezus out of me
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Women serve on the front lines in Israel. So already your point is blown out of the water.

A poli-sci teacher told me this in college:

"In combat should you come across a woman and two men coming to get you.. kill the woman first. The men will stop to help her. In combat the woman will not stop to help the men. She will also kill you quicker and more viciously than the two men."

NEVER underestimate a woman.
    ^Truth.
    Agree 100%
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The Isreal army already tried this and it failed miserably. Men were not emotionally equipped when they saw women blown up or mortally wounded in combat and it made them less effective as soldiers. I believe woman can handle combat, but the ingrained nature of a man being a protector for woman could be a detriment to the mission.

Women have been a part of Israel's military since it was founded in 1948. They make up 33% of soldiers and 51% of officers.

Given the fact that there still IS an Israel, I would hardly say it failed miserably....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Who was Voldemort's best fighter? Bellatrix Lestrange. Ain't no one stopped to help that *****.

Checkmate.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    A human is a human. I don't see why gender affects anything. It's time for women and men to be seen as humans, not as weak vs. strong.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's weird that this is being discussed in such a way that implies that traditional "front lines" still exist.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Who was Voldemort's best fighter? Bellatrix Lestrange. Ain't no one stopped to help that *****.

Checkmate.

I thought Voldemort lost.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Better bring me a sammich to the front line.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Does this also mean that we should change the ruling to make all women over the age of 18 to sign up for selective service?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Checkmate.

Yes, because he was a man.

What was the gender of his snake, who killed like half of the characters?

Female.

Checkmate.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Does this also mean that we should change the ruling to make all women over the age of 18 to sign up for selective service?

Yes.

I think you should also answer the questions as to what you think women can't do that men can?
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Someone has to make the real soldiers a sammich.

"ducks head"
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    The Isreal army already tried this and it failed miserably. Men were not emotionally equipped when they saw women blown up or mortally wounded in combat and it made them less effective as soldiers. I believe woman can handle combat, but the ingrained nature of a man being a protector for woman could be a detriment to the mission.

Women have been a part of Israel's military since it was founded in 1948. They make up 33% of soldiers and 51% of officers.

Given the fact that there still IS an Israel, I would hardly say it failed miserably....

Dr. Ruth was a sniper in the Israeli military:

DrRuth1.jpg
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Yikes! Touchy subject. I think that it would be difficult for men to work with women on the front lines. An army guy friend of mine told me that when a woman steps into the equation, men naturally will try to defend or help her out. It's not that women are weak and can't do her job... but even "nowadays" good men try to protect women. The mission becomes "protect her, and do my job" rather than just "do my job." Sometimes, theres not room for both.

If someone put me on the front lines.... I'd be an emotional crazy wreck. But thats just me.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    War is hell, but if she can and will let her. Few defend us, honor those who defend us with their lives. Wonder what to say about a woman who will brave combat? Just say thank you to her.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Checkmate.

Yes, because he was a man.

What was the gender of his snake, who killed like half of the characters?

Female.

Checkmate.

Your knowledge of Harry Potter scares and impresses me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little insulted you started this thread, newt.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I also think that worse things will happen to a woman if she were ever captured than would a man.

I'm going to assume you are speaking about rape, and torture. Both are pretty terrible actions against another human being, no matter what gender is involved. I don't see how it could possibly be "worse", based on being a female. Unless raping a man isn't equally wrong and damaging somehow?