Fitting It:
    :smile:
    7888175230_e2f85e140d.jpg
    62012 012 by JenniferSPalmer, on Flickr

JEN! Love it!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I came back to post a current pic...took this one today.

Photoon2013-01-24at13162_zps702b5850.jpg

ETA: Ten years ago I NEVER would've had the confidence to post a pic like this, even though I hadn't had kids yet and probably looked better. I couldn't see anything beautiful about myself back then. If we could stop having unrealistic expectations of what we "should" look like and just strive to be fit and healthy, maybe the world would be a bit nicer. :drinker:

You are lookin' amazing Dana! :smile:
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I LOVE this thread. I am a total coward about this sort of thing. This one and only time I've ever worn a bikini - in the south of France, thousands of miles from where anyone I know would ever see me. And now its on the internet. Ha!. ;)

nERys1X.jpg

You have nothing to be cowardly about! You look amazing!!!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Sureeeee

xhzEhrJ.jpg
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Maybe I'll take some actual bikini pictures tonight. These "bottoms" aren't very flattering...

Jan2013Front_zps0f775a98.jpgSideJan2013_zps1e9adbf2.jpg

Lookin' great! :smile:
  • littlebeardedlifter
    littlebeardedlifter Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    wow, all you ladies look amazing and Im blown away by your courage to post your pic for everyone to see. awesome job
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    bah can't figure out pictures

Anyhow you all look amazing! :)
  • VelociMama
    Options
    ETA: OP, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Love this thread!!

DAY63FRONT_zpsecc9b355.jpg

This was taken after I completed Insanity 10/21/12. I've lost a bit more and possibly have better muscle definition since then...I haven't had a chance to update my photos yet.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Do you know what I think is beautiful? Confidence. Camaraderie, support and encouragement are beautiful. Determination, a positive attitude, strength, passion and focus are all beautiful.

Make no mistake, this isn't a "Fat Acceptance" thread. This is a Self Acceptance thread. Accepting that we are not perfect, we are not finished works, and we are not going to be ashamed of ourselves. I would like to encourage women of all sizes, shapes, and fitness levels to post a photo of themselves in a bikini (keep it clean, folks..) to show support for each other. Everyone has insecurities - from the award winning fitness models to the women still trying to get comfortable in shorts... so how about we focus on the things that are good about each other instead of the things we perceive to be wrong.

You are not defined by the scale or by anyone elses' standards. If you're pushing toward your goals, you are beautiful.

IMG_20130124_091139.jpg
    IMG_20130124_091343.jpg
    IMG_20130124_091523.jpg

You are great K! Thanks for making this thread!
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    You're inspiring! Preach it, girl!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have never worn a 2-piece swimsuit, and the last time I wore a one-piece, I was 8 years old.
    Even then, I knew I was fat.

But I'm looking forward to getting my first bikini when I reach my goal weight. This thread shows that you can be confident, regardless of your size. We are all striving to be healthy :)
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW I think you all look beautiful
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Came back because I found a pic! It's older, but not too far off from where I'm at now. Except for the tan. Definitely don't have the tan.

(cropped to remove the innocent)

YIAMI6x.jpg
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn a bikini since long before puberty.. but you ladies inspire me to go try one on and post some photos of myself for you all..
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh my god. Original poster - if you didn't buy the last one, the pink one, I'm going to cry. You look FANTASTIC in that one!
  • 3tmom3t
    3tmom3t Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love all the confidence in these pics! I bought a bikini top last year to wear when my hubby and I are all alone on the boat in the flats in the intracoastal waterway. He loves fishing for reds and I get bored to death! LOL You ladies have inspired me!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks fabulous!!!
    Keep up the great job!!!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Everyone looks great! Can't wait til I have the courage to post mine!
  • LandonRand
    Options
    Great thread! You ladies look great!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'll share my first EVER bikini....not where I wanna be, but getting there! My before pics are in my profile.

IMG02093-20120612-2142.jpg
    IMG02098-20120612-2144.jpg
    IMG02091-20120612-2130.jpg