Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I over heard a person who shall remain nameless, telling someone that I hadn't really lost tat much wait you just notice it more because I am short. This unnamed person is 5'0" and I am 5'5" and at the time I had already lost 115lbs, so yeah, she was totally right the only reason anyone would notice is because I am soooo short not because I had lost a whole person, haha. Some people just cannot be happy for others.
  • hollynono
    hollynono Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Very funny!
  • riikka12
    riikka12 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's family and I went out to eat, then his mom asked me: "so how much weight have u gained since you started dating my son? When I met you, you were a good shape." Yea I didn't enjoy my meal after that lol. I had gained 30 pounds in one year. -____-
    Back in my Senior year I lost 20 lbs for prom and she's like "my son says you lost weight, turn around" ..*no comment* I smiled ;)
    Always prove them wrong guys! But do it for yourself, not for them.
  • AfroKaos
    Options
    My Aunt - "You are looking so good! How much have you lost? Have you ever considered being a plus size model?!"

To be offended or not to be offended - that is the question.

Hilarious!!!
  • Stacebob85
    Options
    Yesterday I was out jogging and some teenage boy was shouting something at me from across the road. I was about to take my headphones off and give him what for, as I am so used to negative things being bellowed at me by rude people, until I realised he was shouting "Go on girl! Keep it up!"

If I'd have been in a chair I'd have fallen out of it in surprise.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal yet, but I made a somewhat public ordeal of my lifestyle change so I really felt accountable. I was certainly not fishing for compliments, and it was frustrating to hear things like, "You don't need to lose weight! You're beautiful!" and "I think your body is fine just the way it is."
    I'd prefer people just cheer me on rather than try to encourage me to stay unhealthy. I didn't eat right, I didn't exercise, my lifestyle could very easily had led to some major health problems in the future-- and then to say that I'm beautiful therefor I don't need to lose weight seems like a slam on bigger women, as if you would only lose weight if people found you unattractive.
    I guess that's what I get for being so public about it, but MAN.
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    A friend I hadn't seen in a while saw me and said, " Wow! You look so good now. I mean you looked great before, you've always had a great shape, but theres so much less of less of it now. You really look so much better!" I didn't know whether to smile or to cry!
  • karly4him
    Options
    The worst one that I ever got....."You look great! wow just a few more and you'll be there!" And I thought I was there...Just a meany!
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen to me, happened to my gym buddy. Her friend told her to stop losing weight or she'd lose her boobs... Ummm she's DDDD. We had a good laugh about it. She's lost band sizes but nothing in the cup. She'd consider herself lucky if she went down two cup sizes gradually over the next six months or so.

People are ridiculous and sometimes female friends are the worst. Weight loss is the only thing we're raised to be competitive about, so sad.

Damn evil weightloss. Shrinking boobs everywhere. :grumble:

haha this guy ^^^
  • coderedjulia
    Options
    The weirdest weigh loss comment I had was that I looked too slutty in these pictures I posted on my facebook. Not really sure why I looked slutty, it was a picture of my face. Just jealous girls I guess.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had a friend say to me "woah, your face is like gone now" i hadnt seen her in 2 months :) Down 40lbs now.
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    People very commonly ask me if I changed my hair. Every time. It's really weird! Then I have the choice to say:
    1. Yes (a lie);
    2. No, idk what you mean (another lie); or
    3. No, my face just doesn't look like a balloon anymore

Funny thing is, when I do actually change my hair, NO ONE notices!!!

Most people want a hair cut that makes them look thinner... I have to actually become thinner to make it look like I got a haircut!
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    After my initial weight loss, a male parent of one of my daughter's friends asked: "Where's the rest of you???" It made my day! :smile:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    It seems to be more of a guy thing, but before I used to get "hey big guy!" and now I get "Hey slim!" Umm, not really sure 230ish is slim but I guess compared to before it is.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love when someone I've known casually out and about at the bars walks right past me, checking me out like I was a new piece of meat to scam on.

Then I see the flash of familiarity, they back up a few steps, and I get the "Holy crap! Is that you?! You look great!"

hahahaha it's like being a new person. I get to reinvent myself again :D
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just remembered another one ... but I believe this has a negative vibe to it. A good friend of mine said, "With all this weight loss, you actually look old now. You looked way younger when you were heavier".

Whatever!!!

My attitude is, I look this way for me, and not for her. She can shove her opinion. :drinker:
  • munkysmama
    munkysmama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ran into an ex one night, and he didn't recognize me at first. He kept looking me up and down and saying "Wow, Oh my...Wow!! When he asked me what I'd done, I told him that I grew my hair out, and lost 30 lbs. He then said, "No way, you lost WAY more than 30 lbs." Uh, how fat did you think I was?!
  • karly4him
    Options
    A co-worker said ...I need to tell you the truth...when you first lost all that weight.."I thought wow I just don't know if I'll ever get use to her face" ...but I'm ok with it now.......I just said thanks...and walked away
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I was told by my neighbor, as he was looking at my much smaller chest, that I needed to stop working out because I was getting too skinny. And I was still in the top of the 'overweight' chart then! Ugh. Men!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    its sometimes funny how people see the weight loss much more than you do yourself - it feels great everytime!! good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!