Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    From a guy I dated: "You're so tiny, I could floss my teeth with you!" LOL. Still can't quite get that mental image out of my head.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm always at a loss knowing whether or not to comment on someone's weight loss. I want to compliment them and let them know they look great, but at the same time I don't want to imply that they didn't look great before just because they were heavier.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm always at a loss knowing whether or not to comment on someone's weight loss. I want to compliment them and let them know they look great, but at the same time I don't want to imply that they didn't look great before just because they were heavier.

I'm always wary of being rude OR saying "Hey you look great" only to be told that a person is ILL. My Dad lost weight - he was undiagnosed Diabetic at the time! In the past (way back) I lost 5 stones (currently wearing again) and I was shocked by the way I was treated-somehow I was ok now-not a freak!! I'll have you know fat or not, I'm lovely.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    "miss bag o bones"

"are you STILL losing weight? *head shake* "

"your butt is disappearing!"

"your calf muscles are...crazy."

a lot of head shaking in general. jealous beeyotches.
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    from a lovely female coworker

"why are you killing yourself with working out, you will never be 22 yrs old again"

wow didnt know life was over at 22

btw shes fatter than me LOL
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had someone ask me when I had my baby..... le sigh....
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

THIS. IS. AWESOME.
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    From hubby no less: "Your *kitten* is looking really good babe. I was kinda worried there for awhile. I'd walk behind you up the stairs and think to myself, 'her *kitten* is getting REALLY big'. Now it's looking good."

Gah, whatever. I still love him.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Got a good one... I was told my armpits were smaller...

yes... It was from an inmate I can only assume he was trying to say flabby side boob and being polite about it.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I got pulled over after speeding on my motorcycle. The cop came and got my info, then returned and asked me to recite my info, then came back again and asked me my social security, then came back and asked some other miscellaneous info. At this point I made a hint about a 4th Amendment violation (I used to work in the DA's office) after which he went back to his car for a bit, gathered my stuff, and then came back with the apology: "I'm sorry, you've just lost so much weight that I wanted to make sure it was really you!"

(Found out later he called up one of the Prosecutors at the DA's office who confirmed that yes, that dude has been losing weight. Funny).

Weight on my license was about 390lbs. He pulled me over at around 300lbs. I'm about 280lbs currently. About 60lbs more to go!. Haha.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Haha. That IS Awesome! :)
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I got pulled over after speeding on my motorcycle. The cop came and got my info, then returned and asked me to recite my info, then came back again and asked me my social security, then came back and asked some other miscellaneous info. At this point I made a hint about a 4th Amendment violation (I used to work in the DA's office) after which he went back to his car for a bit, gathered my stuff, and then came back with the apology: I'm sorry, you've just lost so much weight that I wanted to make sure it was really you!"

(Found out later he called up on of the Prosecutors at the DA's office who confirmed that yes, that dude has been losing weight. Funny).

Weight on my license was about 390lbs. He pulled me over at around 300lbs. I'm about 280lbs currently. About 60lbs more to go!. Haha.

This is awesome! Last time I renewed my license, my weight was listed as..oh..70lbs less than what it really was! When I left, I noticed the person who did it take the liberty to add another 10lbs to my weight. Hope someday people will double take when they look at the picture.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A coworker asked me a couple weeks ago "is everything okay with you?". Unusual.... I said "yeah why". Then they shared with me that I had lost so much weight so suddenly they were worried that I could be "you know...addicted...to meth or somthing". When my face looked like I may die right there, they quickly laughed and tried to play it off. REALLY?!

BTW it took me 9 months to lose all this weight....not overnight and I see this coworker at least weekly.

I am noticing in these comments that coworkers apparently feel very comfortable making these types of comments. That is crazy!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a friend grab my elbow and gesture to my body with her other hand and say "you're finished now, right?" Once I figured out what she meant, I said no, I want to lose a bit more...I am at the top of the normal range for my height and want to go just a bit further. (I have re-evaluated my original goal though....too thin) She looks all worried...like I meant to lose another thirty...which would be foolish even if possible. No no....don't worry...I'm not developing anorexia.
    I totally understand that she was concerned about my well being..and I totally appreciate it. It just seems so weird to me that after a lifetime of being overweight, someone is seeing me as too thin.
  • starfish1783
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    That hurt! Did you ask the trainer to go to...?

I *wish* I'd said "You were way hotter before you started talking!" :laugh: but in real life I just looked shocked and said "Really?!"

LOL - that would have been pure awesome-sauce! I hate when you think of snappy retorts like, 20 minutes later. Clearly too long to go back and be like "Hey, remember when you said such-and-such? Well.. here!" :wink:
  • jsrussell2127
    jsrussell2127 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually get the same kind of comments from my husband. Only he has told me 3 or 4 times now, "Well, I just want you to know, you are doing this for yourself and not me." I laughed and said,"Seriously? Why would I do this for you anyway? It's all ME, babe! Don't mean to bust your little bubble there!" I guess it's just been a long time since I actually did something for ME that it hasn't sunk in yet. LOL
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Our gym had new machines, and they drafted everyone in to teach the members how to use them. I was being shown by a person who usually runs classes. I haven't done a class for about a year and have lost about 26lb, which is about half of what I think I need to lose,and that just gets me into the normal range for my height, nowhere near where I was (and had been since I was a teenager) before my thyroid went on strike. So, this fitness professional says 'You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?' I say, 'Yes, but I have two stone more to lose'. She says 'Oh, you don't need to lose any more' and looked all concerned and disapproving. Hmmm
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to be able to JOIN a post like this... right now I'm at 12 lbs lost and my husband keeps saying, "Your *kitten* is disappearing." GOOOOOOOOOD. It won't completely disappear, trust me folks.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My brother told me I looked old and my arms were too thin. I am half a pound off to losing 200 pounds and now 15 pounds lighter than him ! I then got told I look younger !
  • mimilynn79
    mimilynn79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost weight years ago and a guy that I knew told me to becareful because if I lost anymore weight I was going to fall through my *kitten* and hang myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!