Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• mwalker73
    Options
    I've gotten the "are you ok", "did you lose it on purpose", and "you're done now, right?"

My personal favorite goes to my MIL who nicely *cough* reminded me that I should keep all my fat clothes.
  • skyline2055
    skyline2055 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    "Come over tonight, i'll do anything you want to you"

How disrespectful
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get the usual "You're finished aren't you? You're wasting away." "What are you, a size 0?" (Actually I'm a size 6)

Also "I'm afraid to hug you because you might break."

"Tell me how you lost the weight. It must be some secret formula." Me: "My secret formula is to burn more calories than I eat."
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda worried about my driver's license. It shows me 100 lbs heavier! It is up for renewal late in the summer and I hope to be at my goal weight by then, I still have 25 more pounds to go.. I plan of taking a picture of it, just to prove to people how much I weighted and lost. :happy:

My driver's license actually says I'm 150lbs, haven't been that weight in 10 years. The last time I got it renewed, the guy asked, "do you want to make any changes?", he didn't mention the weight, but it was obvious that's want he meant. I said no. Yesterday I had to pull out my license for something and noticed that my face is slimmer than the picture. Fortunately our licenses are renewed every 6 years and its not up for renewal for another 2 years, so definitely plan on being a lot closer to my license weight by the time I renew it.
    [/quote]

There are requirements for renewing your license once the weight is off by a certain amount. It undoubtedly varies from state to state.
  • TomKat428
    Options
    Fortunately I've had mostly positive comments. My grandmother, however, is convinced I have an eating disorder and always acts very disapproving when she thinks I look thinner than when she last saw me. It used to really hurt, but I try to ignore it now.
  • JooleySchmooze
    JooleySchmooze Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A close guy friend of mine recently told me I needed to stop the loss- I had no boobs and no *kitten*. Then he apologized for being crude and asked if he had upset me. He meant well so I let him off the hook. Plus it meant he had been checking me out:blushing:

My former boss gave me the greatest comeback for those who ask 'how did you do it?" I tell them it's an ancient diet called ELAGOYA - Eat Less And Get Off Your *kitten*.

I don't get upset when people don't notice the loss. After all, they were nice enough not to say anything when I was putting it on:wink:
  • Hungryhungryhipp0
    Options
    Two of my favorites have been "Have you been making yourself sick?" or "Eww you look like one of those Ethiopians" lol okay??
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have had "What happened to the rest of you?" but the ones I find best are my old highschool friend's not recognizing me.

Me: Hey "Name here", It's been awhile
    Friend: Uh, hi, do I know you?
    Me: Yup, we went to school together, Melissa Sarver was my name in school but married now.
    Friend: (Jaw hits floor) WOW you're hot now!
    Me: Well um, thanks I think?
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate this sentiment.

I think a safe route is to ask a question like, "Have you lost weight?" Then wait for the response and say something complimentary and without judgement like, "It shows!" And if you know them well and a more personalized comment is appropriate, maybe, "I can really see your hard work. You look fantastic!"

I'm always at a loss knowing whether or not to comment on someone's weight loss. I want to compliment them and let them know they look great, but at the same time I don't want to imply that they didn't look great before just because they were heavier.
  • nondomesticgoddess
    Options
    Yet again today, I saw a customer that hadn't seen me in a few years, and I got the "are you well"? Soon I'm just gonna say, no I caught the virus from a shopping cart at the grocery store....

Oh, that is evil...I love it :devil:
  • pselders1
    pselders1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Years ago when my Dad was still alive and I was verrry skinny he say's to me "Sissy if you lose any more weight your gonna fall through your a*# and hang yourself". I cracked up and couldn't believe that came out of his mouth.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My friends boyfriend saw me and told her "Shes definitely on crack. Don't believe her, thats way too drastic of a change". Kinda annoyed me considering all the hard work ive put in the past year.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options

My former boss gave me the greatest comeback for those who ask 'how did you do it?" I tell them it's an ancient diet called ELAGOYA - Eat Less And Get Off Your *kitten*.

Love it! Can't wait to use it!
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Love it! Can't wait to use it!

Got to use this one! LOL
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    The other day, one of our truck drivers whom I see at least 4 days a week and chit chat with a few minutes said this..

"Can I ask you a personal question?" (of course, I said..) "Are you losing weight?"
    I smiled and turned to him and nodded. "Yep, almost 45 lbs now."

He seriously leaned forward (I was facing away from him) and checked out my butt!!! And then he said "damnnn!"

LOL I just blushed and glowed all evening.

lol, that's cute!
  • lease1981
    Options
    "Wow, I never knew you were pretty!" or "Your family must be so proud *now*!"

People just don't know what to say. I can understand it's awkward. . . but. . . really?
    you look amazing! great job!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My husband lost over 150 pounds, still ended up having heart issues, his old friends caught up with him and asked him if he had cancer. No mention to him that he looked great and congrats on the weight loss.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also had a fellow teacher (girlfriend whose known me for a long time) who loves to joke around who smacked me in the butt and made some comment about looking good - suspect it was a firm type joke as she knows I recently started working out in the gym. It was pretty weird. She's a good friend so I know she was just joking but definitely a strange experience.
    She wants it..........
  • octobernightfall
    octobernightfall Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "You're shrinking! Take a picture! Otherwise we won't recognize you!" Hahaha, my uncle told me this, was funny. I was glad sheding the pounds was becoming apparent XD
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Woman: What you trying to lose weight for?
    Me: Well I have some health issues and overall I'm trying to take on a better lifestyle.
    Woman:.... *Looks her up and down* You look fine where you are. Don't lose anymore weight.
    Me: I think I've got another ten or maybe twenty pounds to go.. Maybe more than that depending on how I carry it all.
    Woman: What are you trying to lose, your damn mind?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!