Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• poponastick302
    poponastick302 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Alllwaaayssss with the "you don't need to lose anymore weight" and "don't overwork yourself".
    Oh, and "you were HUGE before!" Yes, I know. Please stop reminding me (and everyone around me).
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    family GP asked my mother if I was losing weight because I wanted to find a husband now.
  • ladeutschediva
    ladeutschediva Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was told, you look great you are losing weight...well I'm glad because you are too young to be that big :/

Not surprised. They always give back handed compliments at work.....

And of course the compliment came from another big belly person. Sad.
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.
    Perfect answer!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A co worker told me recently that now that I've lost some weight, my hips look bigger!!! REALLY???

Haha. Yup. I lost about 15-ish pounds in university which took me from being the middle of the "normal" weight range to the very bottom, dropping 2 or 3 sizes. A well-meaning and rather blunt friend commented on it as I was changing and said with squealing delight, "Awww your love handles are so cute!!"

I know she didn't mean any offense by it and I didn't take any. But it was pretty irritating that I lost body fat from everywhere on my body except that dreaded spot. And doing so only made my love handles more obvious. :(
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A coworker said to me yesterday, "I see you're starting to lose that baby weight!" Sounds great, except my baby is 14 months old.
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Woman: What you trying to lose weight for?
    Me: Well I have some health issues and overall I'm trying to take on a better lifestyle.
    Woman:.... *Looks her up and down* You look fine where you are. Don't lose anymore weight.
    Me: I think I've got another ten or maybe twenty pounds to go.. Maybe more than that depending on how I carry it all.
    Woman: What are you trying to lose, your damn mind?

OK - Now that's just funny, right there!!! LOL :laugh:
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    years ago when I had lost a lot of weight - my cousin said to his wife... "look, Angie, her whole A** fell off!"

haha!!!! It was funny but I will never forget it and always reminds me to keep my A** in check :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A coworker said to me yesterday, "I see you're starting to lose that baby weight!" Sounds great, except my baby is 14 months old.

With my first baby, it took me 8 YEARS to get that weight off!!! I had gained 80 lbs when I was prego :(
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I have to say the weirdest comment I got was from a lady at work she said you should squat more cause your loosing your Butt. Um no I just make sure I buy jeans that make my Butt look better I wanted to tell her cause I still have a good sized Butt haha
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Another conversation I had recently with a client:
    Client: "Have you lost a lot of weight?
    Me: "Yes, I've lost 90 pounds"
    Client: "On purpose???"
    Nope, I just woke up one day 90 pounds lighter.... damndest thing!

OK, that one made me laugh out loud
    add:
    "Here's your sign"
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My college friend said, "You have so much air around you now!"
    Just a hunch, but I'm guessing your friend has a glass-is-half-empty kind of personality. Can only see the negative space.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

Love your response!! People ask me if I meant to lose the weight....What?!
  • hedytufo
    hedytufo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh 300lbs and I had bariatric over 8 years ago, I have lost a total of 160lbs - the most flattering/strange comment was .."do you have a sister?" which I don't.
  • wntrbreez
    wntrbreez Posts: 32 Member
    Options
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was just asked by a family friend "You getting skinny?" I said, "Yes, I've lost a bit" and he said "what do you want to do that for?" I said, "To be healthy and sexy." He said, "You didn't think you were before?" He meant it in a very sincere way and with no negativity so it didn't bother me.

What got me started this time around was when my grandfather said "You look like you've put on some weight. You should take care of that." It was his 90th birthday party and my brother over heard and asked what he had said. I told him "Grandpa just said I was fat." My brother replied, "well he told me I was a bad driver." We had a good laugh about it.

It sounds like you have a very nice brother! That was such a sweet moment. My grandpa used to refer to me as a "big-boned girl... you are like your dad. He has always been fat"... "Thanks Nonno :\" (italian for grandpa)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My weight-loss counter says 4lbs, but I have been REALLY slowly losing for a while.

One of my in-laws' friends came over and literally said "WOW, you lost some weight since I last saw you" and I said "yes. Thanks," thinking it was over, but that was too much to ask. He is an older Taiwanese man (and all of their friends are brutally honest...I think sugar-coating doesn't really exist in Taiwan because they talk like this about each other too in Mandarin and Taiwanese), so it shouldn't have surprised me when he interjected "Because I remember, you were fatter before." humph

Glad I left a mark in his brain... :\
  • dizzimamma
    Options
    All my stretch pants are falling down now and baggy in the butt. My husband looked at me the otherday and said " you dont need stret h pants amymore, you need shrink pants!":heart:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha. My husband said "your trousers are too long" but I explained they just weren't stretched out over my butt and thighs any more:smile:
  • scrumhalf7
    scrumhalf7 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I also had a cousin say "how are you losing so much weight? It's crack right?" (CLEARLY joking...)

I decided that if I ever get asked how I lost weight, I was going to say it was because "masturbating burns a lot of calories." Just because I've had people ask me that before and they got upset when I said eating better and exercising.

Great answer, did you ever actually use it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!