Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• ahern89
    ahern89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I was home over Christmas my grandfather told me "Wow, you keep losing weight and the boys are going to be all over you". All I could think was 'huh, thanks for that comment, I wasn't aware it was my weight that was preventing me from getting a boyfriend. I always though it was my sarcastic, smart *kitten* personality and the fact that I don't socialize that much, but clearly your logic is better than mine'. He seems to be the only person in my family who doesn't realize I'm losing weight for myself and myself alone.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have some friends and loved one who think i'm a baby and decide to grab my pooch fat and say "you're working out? You still have ways to go!" Don't grab, it's not cute. I HATE it. They try and grab me now and just go "whoa.." Yeah. How do you feel now?
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Someone commented once that I had lost weight then quickly asked me if I was sick. Like I couldn't lose weight without it being from being sick. SMH
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I saw my sister recently after dropping 12 pounds and putting on some muscle and she asked me if I was going through a mid-life crisis. Thanks for the support, Sis.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i saw a lady that i havent saw in over a year. She said "WOW, YOU LOOK AMAZING. BUT, BUT....Are you starving? You look like you may be starving?" And then i met my sister for lunch after seeing her and she told me "You should probably stop now, you're starting to look gaunt." Ummm, im 166 lbs, im not 100 lbs. They just have never seen me not be obese.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    ugh from my mom.... Every time I tell see her she says "oh you've lost more weight" and when I reply with a brief explanation of how I'm counting calories she ALWAYS says the same thing. "I already told you hunny you are losing that weight bc its almost been 5 years since you had Emery (my son). All moms lose the weight but it takes 5 years."

She has that crazy idea that no matter what I do i will not lose weight bc of it, but bc Its been 5yrs. (which currently he just turned 2)

That is seriously hilarious! Give your mom a sign! lol
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mother as she consumed a 1200+calorie meal just for dinner.... "Well, your mom and dad are skinny, it's probably easy for you..."
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so many..I'd rather people not recognize me in order that I don't have to listen to stupid or insensitive comments....my favorite one is "you are wasting away" "don't lose anymore" ...

I get annoyed by comments like that too. I'm sure it's intended with a good heart but they say it as if I have an eating disorder or losing any more weight is going to effect my health negatively.

I'm still clinically overweight for my height so I clearly can lose a bit more quite safely! :smile:
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Theres a lady in my office (who I am sure probably means well) who says "Thats not like you, whats going on" every single time I have a biscuit or any type of snack at work, which is very annoying because it makes me feel extra guilty but I wish she wouldnt say it so loud and make everybody turn and look, I dont take one very often and if I do its because I know I will have a few spare calories that day but I still feel I have to stammer out an explanation like a naughty school kid!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm just 2 months (and 25 pounds) into this journey, but one of my co-workers keeps making comments like,

"Aren't you getting tired of eating carrots? I'm tired of watching you eat carrots".

Me: (thinking) "I'm sorry my healthy lunch is getting boring to you. I'm tired of watching you smoke yourself to death. Or watching you eat fast food 3 or 4 days a week."
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Some fool of a friend asked me how chemo was going....idiot!!!
  • hebehrens
    hebehrens Posts: 55
    Options
    I had lost about 10 pounds before my wedding last summer. I was rather thin up top, and my gown was styles such that it flowed out from my hips (I hold all my weight in my hips and thighs). So while I had lost weight, I looked like I had probably lost more than I really had. Many of our wedding guests said things like "you look so skinny!" I was kind of put-off by it really. I'd rather they have mentioned that I looked great in the dress or.... something.... I just didn't expect to hear so many "skinny" comments on my wedding day.

During the father-daughter dance with my dad, he whispered in my ear "Are you okay? You're getting too thin!" I resisted telling him that I still had at LEAST 20 pounds of extra weight in my butt and thighs he could check out. I didn't even do the whole garter thing because I was still embarassed by my fat legs...
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".

How rude :/
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym the other day asked me how much weight I had lost and I told her I had lost 136 pounds. She said "Wow that's great, but you still have big legs."
    For the most I do get positive comments, but I think some people speak without thinking.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Years ago after having lost 20 lbs (and 4 dress sizes) I treated myself to some new clothes. When I walked into work wearing a fitted dress, one of my co-workers burst out laughing and said "what happened to your boobs, they look like mosquito bites!" :laugh:
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Have you been binging and purging? (As if! ) And. You're not sick are you?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    What drugs did you take to loss so much weight. At the time I was 192 from 330. Thankfully I could careless what people think I know the hard work i put in it to achieve that loss!
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    From a child I work with:

Child: "Teacher? Why you all that?"
    Me: "Ummmmm....All what?"
    Child: "You know... Why you smaller?"
    Me: "Oh, I bought a shrink ray and tried it on myself!"
    Child: "Ohhhhhhhh! You excersize!"

Haha, certainly the cutest "strange" weight loss comment!
  • mamamac253
    Options
    I work retail and there is a board with the associate's picture on it. My picture happen to be one year and 48lbs ago. She looked at my picture, then at me, back to my picture....said "That's you?". I said yes....she said "What happened?" All I could do is laugh, other people had noticed and commented but I'd never had it said quite that way before!
  • lookin_new
    lookin_new Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people notice iv lost weight and are like " wow that's great... now are you gonna keep it off?" o_O uummm yeaa that's the plan any ways
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!