Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• kxxooo
    kxxooo Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A "good friend" said to me after I had lost 12kgs,
    "You don't want to lose any more it'll show all your wrinkles, and you have NO BUTT now!"

B E A T C H! .... we don't see quite as much of each other now!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    About four years ago...I had lost over 70 pounds. I worked very hard at it. I am a twin. My sister was still the same weight I was when I started..and people told me we looked the same still. It was hard to hear that. I had gone down several pants sizes and nobody could tell the difference between us still.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    "Ugh, you're not going to do this, look great for two months and then get fat again are you? Because if you are, I'm not even going to cheer you on..."
    I'm not even going to say who said it, since I no longer talk to them. And since I've only had 2 large weight swings in my life and she was only friends with me for the first and had never known me as a huge beast. Totally uncalled for and depressing.
  • hunterman95
    hunterman95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday someone I work with asked: "hey, have you lost a bunch of weight?"
    Me: "yes, I've lost 91 pounds"
    Coworker: "I was wondering. I didn't know if maybe you had just gotten a haircut or something."
    Really??? If I had known I could accomplish the same effect with a haircut, I could have saved myself a whole lot of trouble!

Another conversation I had recently with a client:
    Client: "Have you lost a lot of weight?
    Me: "Yes, I've lost 90 pounds"
    Client: "On purpose???"
    Nope, I just woke up one day 90 pounds lighter.... damndest thing!

It's kind of funny, people just don't know what to say. You just have to laugh.
  • xiaowun
    xiaowun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "Are you ordering skim milk because you're pregnant?"

And when people tell me I'm too skinny I just tell them they haven't seen me naked - shuts them right up.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have one sister who is 9 years younger than me. She recently had a baby and gained quite a bit if weight. One if the young guys at our church said "you're finally the hot sister." Ummm ok? Lol

We had a special dinner with some visiting pastors last weekend. I got up to fix my plate and my pastor's wife said to me "You're eating??? You're losing so much weight, I didn't think you eat!"

Same lady "oh, you're too skinny...you need to stop". Me: "I still weigh 240 lbs!!!" Her: "ohh yeah you're right, keep losing!!"
    LOL!
  • PrimalSiren
    Options
    I have a lot of close friends and family either ask if I have breast implants or talk about it behind my back. I know a lot of women lose weight in their boobs, but I didn't (although I wish I had). It's annoying to have comments made about it as often as they do.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

And when people tell me I'm too skinny I just tell them they haven't seen me naked - shuts them right up.

Oh I am so using that one!!! Nice! Lol
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I had lost some weight (I gained it all back, that's why I'm here) and my sister said OMG! How small are you? When I told her a
    14 ,she said when are you going to stop? You don't want to be sickly! :ohwell: As if 198 lbs was a danger zone! Hardly puny :sick:
  • Tonystoots
    Tonystoots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Went to see my mom and dad in Fla after not seeing them for a year. I have dropped 30 lbs. My mom said "about time, you always did eat too much."
  • Tonystoots
    Tonystoots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    <
    Thread Killer!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    "wow! your nipples look healthier "
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    people asking if I am sick...I tell them yes...of being fat.

Love that! I'm going to use that if the occasion arises...
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm always slightly uncomfortable with glowing comments whenever I've made an effort, because it always leaves me thinking 'Whatever did I look like BEFORE?!' - first impressions sticking with people and all that. But I've got to admit that it's niggled me to have my mum ask 'Have you lost weight?' every single time I've seen her (even though I never have and have sometimes gained), only to have it not even get a mention now that I've actually lost a bit of poundage!
  • PMarie29
    Options
    The biggest (and really only) comment I get is about my collarbones, usually from my mom and boyfriend. I feel like there is so much more to me than my stick-out collarbones!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    "look at you all, I can see your bones" this coming from a woman who tells me my husband is no good because he does not like her one bit. Yeah you can see my bones, cause they WERE covered in fat before.
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A girl at the beach the other day told me I was so skinny the waves were going to wash me away.

Then out and very drunk on Friday night with a some friends, I was sitting down on a chair and the guy I was hooking up was standing behind me with his hands on my shoulders and said very loudly, 'your collarbones are like a chicken's wishbones, I could just crack them in half!' Being drunk and slightly embarrassed by the attention I hotfooted it down the street home with him trailing behind me.
  • brjjr
    brjjr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well you are hot right now, sounds the the trainer has a fetish, too bad you didn't get the "hot before you started talking" comment in! Keep working hard!
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A coworker just notices I've lost weight about two weeks ago and ever since then every time he sees me, he says " if you lose any more you're going to blow away." I just smile or laugh and tell him that's my plan.
  • lornaloo3
    lornaloo3 Posts: 102
    Options
    This didn't happen to me, happened to my gym buddy. Her friend told her to stop losing weight or she'd lose her boobs... Ummm she's DDDD. We had a good laugh about it. She's lost band sizes but nothing in the cup. She'd consider herself lucky if she went down two cup sizes gradually over the next six months or so.

People are ridiculous and sometimes female friends are the worst. Weight loss is the only thing we're raised to be competitive about, so sad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!