Strange weight loss comments...

Options

Replies

• AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I've had close family members flat out tell me I'm "anorexic"... of course they're all severely overweight and wouldn't know what to do with a plate of veggies if they were force fed them. -_____-

THIS...when my grandmother asked me this--at Thankgiving, over a huge meal--I said no Grandma, I eat, I just throw it up later.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    almost wasn't allowed into another country, lost 35lbs from my passport pic
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    From a trainer at my gym: "You were way hotter before you lost weight".
    That hurt! Did you ask the trainer to go to...?

I *wish* I'd said "You were way hotter before you started talking!" :laugh: but in real life I just looked shocked and said "Really?!"

awwwww some men like the weight, just think maybe u broke his heart:wink:
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My boss is always making comments. When she asked how much weight I´d lost and I told her she said "You do realise that you´ll never be skinny though don´t you.." then yesterday because I´ve just started (8 days) working out she said "you shouldn´t be lifting weights, you´re getting thicker"

It just makes me more determined to show all those people who make narky comments that they are idiots!
  • avourtsis
    Options
    My Aunt - "You are looking so good! How much have you lost? Have you ever considered being a plus size model?!"

To be offended or not to be offended - that is the question.

Don't be offended. Most of the world is 'plus-size' to the fashion industry. Take it as a compliment!
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A lady I hadn't seen in 2-3 years commented that I've gotten taller.

Considering I'm 26 and haven't gained an inch in 12 years, I think she just couldn't process my weight loss :)
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    In college the summer between my Junior and Senior year I lost about 25 lbs (140 to 115). I also decided to get my long hair cut short. Upon returning to school the following fall I happened to walk past a former boyfriend. When I called him by name, he replied "Do I know you?" Umm, yeah.....
  • avourtsis
    Options
    almost wasn't allowed into another country, lost 35lbs from my passport pic

This happened to me, too! I'm now 45 lbs lighter than I was in my passport photo, and it drew the attention of 3 border patrol agents who were confused and impressed. They let me in. :)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Or the best ... by a TSA agent at the airport ...

"You've lost weight! Your pants are too baggy. We'll have to pat you down to check and see if you're hiding things in there."

Uhhhh ... okayyyyyyyy ...

:embarassed:

This right here - not me, but my mother - she's lost weight but still has a tummy, and has VERY slender legs, so her pant legs are insanely big on her - and she got pulled aside, and the TSA guy actually looked up inside her pants for.. whatever.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    mine is more of a look not a comment. just today i was talking to a co worker who is on "another" diet. i was eating a slice of pizza, i work at caseys. she asked "i thought you stopped eating that crap" i replied "i can eat what i want. when did i say i stopped eating our pizza?" she said "about 5 months ago when you started dieting!" i looked at her and said "i have lost 22 pounds since the beginning of last sumer... i can eat a slice of pizza just fine" her response ---> :huh: i was just like "whatever, i have"
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    "You're like... really pretty now" - former high school friend

Thank you? I think.... wait....
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    someone just asked me yesterday if i was expecting! wow!
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    a while ago I lost a lot of weight. ( gained it back now working on getting it gone forever) anyway I went out with my sister and mother who are both very over weight. My sister told me I shouldn't be trying to loose weight I should just love myself the way I am. My mother agreed with her. My mothers heart gave out on her and now my sister has lost weight.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    At one point, I lost a great deal of weight and my top three strange comments:

1. Meeting up with an old coworker where I taught. "Wow, you are so thin! I bet your husband actually loves you now!" (We've been married 32 years.)

2. Meeting another past coworker at a big box store. "You lost a ton! You were so awful before!"

3. Talking to someone who knew that I had once been much larger. "Honestly, don't you really gag looking at THOSE people (fat). Aren't you glad you aren't one of them anymore?" To this person, I said, "No, I actually still think of myself as being the size I always was, and I have to say that overweight people are often some of the nicest people I know. Maybe all the insults and cruelty teaches us something about empathy for other people." She just blinked stupidly.

Congratulations on your success and have a great weekend!
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I once made a joke (to my wife while at a family event) that I'd lost so much weight that I could take off my jeans without unbuttoning them. Apparently my Mother overheard this and said, "Nu-uh! I want to see you do that!"

Cue awkward silence.

At least it was your MOTHER and not your Mother-in-Law that said that.
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This thread is great!

My sister was a chubby kid, but she's now a very tall and slender young lady.. My great aunt (who is 84) never misses an opportunity to mention her weight, either she's starving herself or she MUST have worms/be ill.. oh, and it's totally unnatural for a 17 year old girl to have an A cup..

I can't wait for people to start referring to my weight loss in a derogatory fashion, I'm queen of the quick come back!
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I once made a joke (to my wife while at a family event) that I'd lost so much weight that I could take off my jeans without unbuttoning them. Apparently my Mother overheard this and said, "Nu-uh! I want to see you do that!"

Cue awkward silence.

At least it was your MOTHER and not your Mother-in-Law that said that.
    these are the best comments 1st I gasp at one comment then I laugh my head off at another like this one.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was trying to convince some new friends to run with me and they said that I could not understand because they had like 50 lbs to lose and that you just can't run at that size. I said yes you can. They said no you can't. I said yes I did. I have lost 80 lbs. They said no way. I said yes and showed them the before pictures. To which they replied, that's not you. :huh: I guess some other person that resembles me only with 80 more lbs took a picture with my family. I said, oh that's definitely me and running will definitely not be easy for you but guess what, now you are going to do it anyway because you just implied that I'm a liar. Let's go. Score- new running buddies. :laugh:
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    are you anorexic or bulimic...really????
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I had a friend I haven't seen in awhile ooh and ahh over my new body. They wanted to know my secret - I told them I track and monitor my intake in a food diary and exercise 5x a week for an hour.

She pauses, really thinking it over, with sort of a scowl on her face. She then says, "Well I'm not sure I really want to be as skinny as you."

Made me lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!