Most hurtful comments

Options

Replies

• healthydriven_lady
    Options
    Oh he'll get his back tenth fold. Don't worry.Keep your head up! He can go and play with himself. Trust me he proably has more issues then you'll ever have and may not like himself very well. Keep at it sis!:wink:
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Some of these make me sick to think that people can be so cruel.....

I was always rail thin... like size 4-6.... after my baby and at my heaviest i was in a size 14 and 201 lbs.

I went out with my girlfriends one night and saw my "crush" from highschool.... and he said "Wow... hope YOU still dont have a crush on me.... it was more flattering when you were in HS." ****ing *kitten*.....

but it was nice when i saw him 1 year later... 40 lbs lighter... and looking BETTER than i did in HS.... and he tried talking to me..... Choke on a d&%* *kitten*! LOL
  • porky44
    porky44 Posts: 34
    Options
    OH my my my.... some people just piss me right the f*%k off!!!! Wonder why those idiots think they have any right to hurt peoples feelings!!! I have never personally had anyone say anything to me directly but someone did have a comment to a friend I was out with one night and I laid into him him my friend had to pull me away!! I think I wouldve hit him I was so mad!!!

On an upbeat note... thank you for feeding the strays. I am a huge animal lover myself! I am a sucker for a stray. I have 3 cats and a dog who were once living on the street and are now living the good life!!!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Someone oinked at me once as I sat in a drive thru. Then he chuckled and went inside.

So I threw my car into a space and RACED after him inside.

And I stood there in the lobby and I berated him. That if he wanted to trade me the cancer, the steroid shots, AND the risky pregnancy in exchange for his own smug sense of satisfaction at oinking at me, then be my guest.

Everyone stared. He slunk SO LOW. He was humiliated.

I said, 'Yeah, F**k you.' And walked out.

Note: The story I told him was a lie. I've never been ill.
    But people should learn to shut their damn mouths on business NOT their own.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't know what has happened to the people in society these days. I find people forget that words are far more hurtful than any action - a physical cut will heal, but an emotional one will never! Yesterday I went to the doctor to get my 4 months old his immunization and happened to weigh myself. I found out in the last 2 weeks I had lost 3lbs so I went and told that to my boyfriend. He responded "way to go, fatty". My boyfriend has never been overweight in his life, and I find sometimes people forget that when you say stuff like to someone that it hurts, even though we may smile and chuckle to mask it. Keep going!!

WHY ARE YOU STILL WITH THIS GUY?
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Someone oinked at me once as I sat in a drive thru. Then he chuckled and went inside.

So I threw my car into a space and RACED after him inside.

And I stood there in the lobby and I berated him. That if he wanted to trade me the cancer, the steroid shots, AND the risky pregnancy in exchange for his own smug sense of satisfaction at oinking at me, then be my guest.

Everyone stared. He slunk SO LOW. He was humiliated.

I said, 'Yeah, F**k you.' And walked out.

Note: The story I told him was a lie. I've never been ill.
    But people should learn to shut their damn mouths on business NOT their own.

You are my new hero - - -and the best part is that you made it all up. I HEART YOU!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband would oink at me when I ate I was thin then compared to now, Im 5 ft 10 at that time I weighed 118lbs, now Im 155lb hmm I bet hed have a fit to get at me now to oink. lol

I'm sorry. I couldn't get past this. I wanna smack your ex husband. What an emotionally abusive *kitten*.

Glad you dumped the dead weight!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I have to get this off my chest. I had a man "Oink" at me. He was a middle aged, well dressed man, who passed by me as I came out of the cupcake shop as I was picking up cupcakes for a birthday celebration in my office. He made 2 "oink" sounds as he passed by me and went on his merry way - probably feeling pretty good about himself that he was able to point out that I was fat. Thank you stranger, for making me feel bad about myself. Also, on another occasion, I was in Mexico with my family. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't pass by a stray animal without helping. So I bring ziplock bags with me and put some food from the buffets in it and after dinner I go to feed the local strays. I filled up a bag at dinner and took it to feed this tiny little beautiful white cat that was living under the sidewalk in a little hole. Later that night, a guy at the bar says to me "Did you get enough to eat at dinner?" I was confused for a moment then realized him and his wife were next to us and he probably saw me stuffing meat into my purse. "Yes, thank you, why do you ask" he kindly let me know that the buffets were open til midnight and if the 3 plates i had (soup, dinner and dessert, thanks for counting!) weren't enough, then I had a problem. He also walked away, quite proud of himself. I have never told anyone this, and I hate the fact that I am even dignifying their ignorance, but it hurt. Anyone else want to vent and let go of comments that have hurt them?

I wish this would have happened to me. I am never afraid to put someone in their place.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    People are so mean and rude..Wow..I am so sorry .
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have had a few made at me. I was always active in high school and even part way into my college. I hit some rough times and turned to food. Moved in with my guy- ate more. Gained 60 pounds pretty fast. I hit my 20 pound marker and had just recently re-activated my facebook. I posted that I lost 20 pounds and somebody who I talk to all the time and was so close with since we were about 5 commented telling me that I shouldn't be happy about that it was my own fault I gained the weight and I shouldn't brag about loosing weight. I de-activated my account because I didn't want everybody knowing. When I moved they don't see me unless it's a quick skype which is just my head.

The second one that really hurt was a week ago. I was starting to feel good about myself and my family (who never gives compliments) told me how good I was looking and my stomach was getting so much flatter. We then went out and somebody asked me how far along I was. I was in total shock. My boyfriend and brother both went off on the guy for being an *kitten* even after he was told I was not pregnant. He continued to make comments. If it wasn't for my family and my wonderful boyfriend I don't know how I would have handled it.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I had two teenage guys make comments at me. It was 3 days after giving birth to my first child... I was bent over getting her out of the carseat in the back of the car and of course these people had to say something. I went right over to them with my daughter was like, yeah, you see this belly? I just GAVE BIRTH to her. Got something else to say? They turned beat red and drove away. Freaking *kitten*.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    Yes, I had guys that dated me even call me fat after we break up or stop talking. It's like then why were you dating me? You certainly weren't complaining at that time! lol I had a guy call me fatty and then a few months later call me. Obviously I can hold a grudge and just ignored him.

I have had this experience in the course of a day! Walking down the street, a bunch of guys whistling at me. I ignored them, which bothered them. So what did they do? STart calling me fat. I was like "um, just a matter of minutes ago you were hitting on me."

That's what they do when they want to make a woman feel bad.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    cold hard truth is if you let a stranger make you feel like crap, the only one who has failed here is you. They are a stranger, they mean nothing to you, you will probably never see them again. Develop self esteem and no other opinions will ever matter again. People need to spend less time trying to change the world and more time trying to change themselves
  • Leigh012976
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I don't ever recall getting picked on in school (other than being picked last in gym class) but the worse I got it from was from my family.

You know when you drive over a bridge or something and the sign says, "Weight Limit 7 tons", my dad used to stop the car and tell me to get out because he couldnt drive over the bridge with me in the car. I can laugh about it now, HEHE. Not really, it still kind of stings, some 20 years later. He has apologized and apologized. People just don't get how negative comments can stay with you
  • roxxym
    roxxym Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats so sad that people have to be rude to other to make themselves feel good. My bother -in-law which I haven't seen in several month commented on how fat I gotten. THANK YOU Fred for letting me know, I didn't look in the mirror this morning so I didn't notice. I was really hurt. I wanted to tell him ya and your lod and broken down....I would never say anything mean to hurt someone, no matter how bad they made me feel. Still didn' t stop the tears. But you know what, I really opened my eyes and stop prcastinating on losing the weight. Even though it hurt and still does it was the slap in the face I needed. Thats how I ended up here. Keep strong, good things happen to kind people.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't imagine. I also don't think I would have been as dignified as you were either. Keep your head held high, know what kind of person you are and what you are doing for yourself. Don't give them the time of day. They aren't worth it.
  • KCookN
    KCookN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My father would always puff out his cheeks with air when me or my mom would eat. He didn't like fat people, and I was bigger then my mother. I know he loves me, but he cojldnt handle having a fat child, especially with my brother being so fit. One day I went to the fridge when I was about 12 and my dad said you're the reason we spend so much on groceries, if only you could not eat sometimes.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    OMG; I just remembered what a cruel a*hole my father was. My mother was obese, and he would sit and play a song on a record over and over again "I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me." He'd have my mother sobbing "please stop" and say to her "what's wrong with you? I like this song."
  • marlynej
    marlynej Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Had this happen once--was talking to some people and complaining about going "short" and this guy who is nothing but a drunk said "well if you weren't so fat maybe that wouldn't be." We live in a small town and now every time I see him I just give a dirty look.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    ok. I'll share a few of mine.

When I was 174 lbs my best friend's daugters constantly asked me if i was pregnant. No matter how many times i said no, they asked me regularly for a year. I finally yelled at them about it becuase being nice wasn't working.

Then I start working out. One day, about 162 lbs, I had ran a couple of miles and stopped into a friend's kid's clothing store to say hi. Some guy customer was there and said something like "it's a great time of year to be pregnant, isn't it?" and pointed at me. I was all sweaty from a run... i couldn't believe it. I informed him I wasn't pregnant.

About 155 lbs, I was walking in a park with my bicycle. Some lady I never saw stops me and says "can i ask you a question?" Me, thinking it's directions or time or something, say "sure"...she says "when are you due? I'm pregnant and I would love to make friends with people who are pregnant!" ....I wasn't pregnant. I informed her I wasn't pregnant.

At 145 lbs, Me feeling all confident that I had lost 30 lbs, was hanging out at my house with my sweetie, wearing pj's and ordering delivery food. Delivery boy points at my belly and asks me when I am due. I tell him there is no baby in there. I cry.

That was the last time someone asked me if I was pregnant. So i guess as long as I never go over 140 lbs I can rest assured no one will assume I was pregnant.

For the record, when I WAS 9 months pregnant, I only weighed 165 lbs max. So i weighed more when i was obese than i did when I was 9 months pregnant.