Replies

• hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did Level 1 day 1 today. Count me in!
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just started today and I really feel it. I'm always up for more friends, especially those who are starting the 30DS as well. Anyone can add me so we can help each other through this challenge!!
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I also started today! Day one, Level One. I have done the video before but never made it past level one.
  • imcam1
    imcam1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Started day 1 also today. I plan on doing it five days a week so it will take me a little longer to get through it. Glad to hear others aren't doing it 30 days straight also.
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Well, I just finished day 30/30. I'm disappointed to say that I only lost 3 pounds, and that was all in week 1, So Im feeling a bit discouraged.
    How much has everyone else lost?
    What is a good workout video to do now?

Did you take any measurements? "Most" people seem to loose inches with this workout rather than weight. I only have 2 day left on level 2 and have lost 2 inches in my hips and waist so far and 5lbs.
  • hap2010
    Options
    Did you create a group for this? If so, what is the name??
  • hap2010
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 done. Holy cow!!
  • mmorgan792
    mmorgan792 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished yesterday, here are my before and after pics.

n1z4w8.jpg
  • ms1530
    Options
    I'm in! Trying to get motivated and this sounds like fun.
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    hi ladies. I'm just about to start Level 2. I was browsing through the video and when I tried the move that "from standing position, you bend down to a push-up", I feel like I can't even do the modified version because my pooch gets in the way and I'm not as flexible as before. For those who have done and tried it, any tips?

Thanks

I would just keep doing any modified version that is similar to the movement that works best for you...even if it is nothing close to her modified version. Try doing just the movement of standing to the push-up position but don't go down for the actual push-up. kind of like in a plank position. then go back to standing. just keep doing it til you get stronger...you will!

In the past, I had started the shred 3 different times, and never finished. Level 2 always seemed impossible. Then I tried to add gradually each level as a supplement to my cardio/resistance workouts...over a 3 month period (Oct > Dec). At this point I was already using 10lb free wts in other dvd workouts. The month of January I completed the shred, using 5 lbs wts. I see most of my changes in my arms, abs, back, and thighs. Another suggestion, once you start using weights, no matter what size...don't ever stop. Keep it part of your lifestyle. Good luck shredding!:bigsmile:

Thanks. I'm still using a measly 2 lb dumb bell. I need to buy a new one, cause I'm finding it too easy for "some" of the moves...
  • NeptuneTang
    Options
    Hi all.
    I finally finished it.
    There is definitely a difference in my body!
    I used 2 pound dumbbells for the first two levels then 5 for the 3rd. I would advise people just use the 5 all the way through to get much better results.
    I've moved on now to Shred it with Weights!
    You will see a difference... hang in there everyone!
  • boobear89
    Options
    My grandmother had actually given me this DVD because I had mentioned that I was trying to lose weight. She said she could not do it and that it was too much for her so she thought of me. Everyone thinks I do not need to lose weight but I do not like the way my body looks in clothes. I'm 150lbs and my belly looks like im 5 months prego. I had my son 4 years ago!! All I want is to for once be able to wear a bikini top this summer (no bikini bottoms! lol) So to day is day 1 for me with the 30 day shred and I did the step 1 and was able to do it all but boy am I pooped! I would love to join you on this workout and share some positive feedback!
  • asiya33
    asiya33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gonna start 30ds tomorrow. Please add me.
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Finally started D1 Level 2. My shoulders and arms are still shaking from all those plank positions. I was about to stop half-way through the video when then JM started talking about jeans shopping. So what the heck, no pain, no gain. I just want to have my pre-baby body back.
  • bobbydupea
    Options
    I just did day one of level two and I had to sit some of it out. It's okay though because I wasn't even able to do level one with weights at first! By day 5 or so of each level I expect to be MUCH more capable of keeping up (and balanced, because I honestly lose my balance doing half of the moves)
  • theMIDDLE
    theMIDDLE Posts: 64
    Options
    on level 2 day 8. just got back to it after having to take over a week off for a nasty sinus infection.
  • shenise734
    shenise734 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and might need some motivation.... My body is so sore...lol
  • Rugersmom
    Rugersmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished level1 day 4. Legs are starting to loosen up some. Not as sore as I was & endurance is building.
  • Jul685
    Jul685 Posts: 81
    Options
    I just started this one! 1 day in and I can already feel it.
  • blueangelclb
    Options
    hi ladies. I'm just about to start Level 2. I was browsing through the video and when I tried the move that "from standing position, you bend down to a push-up", I feel like I can't even do the modified version because my pooch gets in the way and I'm not as flexible as before. For those who have done and tried it, any tips?

Thanks

When I first started level 2 I couldn't do the push up either but she says if you can't do the push up just do the plank pose and come back up. Im on day 7 of level 2 and I am now able to get halfway down in a push up. It feels good that I can because its another way that shows I am getting stronger. Just do the modified version into the plank and back up for now. You don't want to push yourself. Good luck hun!