JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED CHALLENGE LETS START

Options

Replies

• neen6270
    neen6270 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What measurements do most of you take prior to starting 30DS? chest, waist, hips, what else????
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I tried that several months ago. I found I felt like I was dragging myself through her routines. I don't know what it is about her stuff. But I have a hard time liking it.
  • Lilleo08
    Options
    I recently finished 30 day shred in, well, not a month. I think it took me more like two because when I first started I hadn't been working out. Then Christmas came. But I started it over again last week. If I wasnt sick today, it would have been day 4 level 1. My goal is to only take one day off a week :) Glad for some motivation! WE CAN DO IT!!
  • ladybug5192
    Options
    I've had the DVD for well over a year, but have never completed all 30 days before-- until now! I'm starting tomorrow, too! :) Just re-joined myfitnesspal today, ready to take control :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I started again this week. I only do it M-F But I'm in. I sent you a request.
    I need all the help I can get staying on track!
  • emma_sunshine
    emma_sunshine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started today - just finished day 1 of set 1! Desperate to see it through. Anyone who fancies a shred buddy feel free to add :)
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Completed day 6 today, so I'm on board for support. All the videos can be found free on YouTube.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did day 6 today. I didn't take measurements though :( Very motivated and open diary to friends. I like having friends with open diaries. I think it helps me find new foods instead of the same old stuff. Anyone with like goals can friend me! :)

Good luck with your challenge!!! The first set of cardio/strength is the toughest for me..once I am on to the 2nd and 3rd set I am happy!! lol
    I feel the exact same way about circuit one! I count down until its over, the rest is golden!
  • Nykki71
    Nykki71 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im in ....
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Did this once before, but this time I'm doing the whole 60 min. each day with one day off or as a stretching/yoga day.

I finished my first week and will start week two tomorrow or day 7.

If anyone wants, you can add me. Keep your eyes on the prize and you'll make it through. Your tougher than you know :)
  • JennyBeFit
    Options
    Totally in. I have all her vids and was looking for someone to start a challenge with. I'll friend you right now!
  • aleeciafryer
    Options
    I am on Day 6 now! But I'd love to add new friends. YOU WILL BE SORE the 1st day (if your out of shape)!
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I just started tonight :) And I can't wait to see what the result are. Last time I did this (2yrs ago), I lost 20 lbs in 2 months.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've only got 7 days left of the shred and I can tell you all its worth doing even as hard as it is. I have had some awesome body changes. Visible cut muscles in my arms and legs and no more back boobs! ????
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Would you like to be part of the challenge? I created a private group where we can monitor our progress with pics, measurements. Share our experiences and Support each other. We dont all necessarily have to start the same day. As long as we do most of the 30 days together. The idea is to support our peers and keep each other accountable. :-)
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I've only got 7 days left of the shred and I can tell you all its worth doing even as hard as it is. I have had some awesome body changes. Visible cut muscles in my arms and legs and no more back boobs! ????

Thank you for sharing your experience. I did the 30 day shred back in 2011 when I was completely out of shape and I think I did level 1 for the whole 30 days because it was too hard for me and still lost one size of jeans and reshaped my body. This time around I am in much better shape and have changed my eating habits. So let's see what it will do for me this time :-)
  • jewnbugs
    jewnbugs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I have the program, hand weights and mat - just have to get the courage to start (which includes the courage to take those measurements!)

Kathy: We can do this together!!!! For a long time I was on denial. I didnt want to weight myself in or take measurements because I didnt want to know and I would avoid looking at mirrors and that is the main reason why my weight sky rocketed. I know that it is scary, but you will be so satisfied with the final results that you will be motivated to do more for yourself. I will love to be your fitness pal and go through this 30 day shred round together. What do you say?
  • fizzyjerkthe3rd
    Options
    im trying to convince myself to do i ive tried before but only get to day 2 -3 before giving up so on wed morning some one come and shout at me to keep going ::D
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Highly recommend photos and measurements if you are starting 30DS. I have found the weight loss to be not dramatic but the loss of inches and strength to be quite dramatic. I very much regret now not having proper 'before' photos. Even if you keep them for yourself and not post them online, it is good to do because you will be able to see the results better.

Yes, I did the 30 day shred back in 2011 and I agree about the weight loss. For me it wasnt dramatic, but I lost one size of jeans, so I lost lots of inches and reshaped my body that had changed after I gave birth to my daughter in early 2009. I have faith in this workout :-)