30 Day Shred.. Starting 1/28/13

Options

Replies

• lwrwtw
    lwrwtw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't feel that way! Keep going! I know, this is soooo hard, but I feel better when I complete it. I am on level 1 , day 8 and still can't do it all. This message board helps me though.
  • lwrwtw
    lwrwtw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    And I meant walk in place, or march like someone else said :)
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Leve 2 Day 3 for me (I took yesterday as a rest day). Still tough but I think I'm improving (?). I dread it more than I did Level 1, so that probably means it's good for me :)

For all you that feel like giving up or that you can't do it, listen to everyone else!! Just doing anything (like walking, as was suggested) is an improvement over sitting on the couch. If you can't do all the moves (remember, those are professionals on the screen), just keep trying and you are bound to see and/or feel improvement every day. Just think about where you could be in 30 days if you keep at it! Some people like to set goals...if you like that, you can make small goals for yourself, like "by next week I will get through the first cardio circuit without stopping." Push yourself (but also listen to your body)! :)
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    L1 D9 done. Day 9, guys!!! Level 1 is almost over! Yay!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Axx
  • tbgree00
    tbgree00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks to seeing this thread yesterday I started the 30DS last night. I'm not in shape and have asthma so circuit training usually makes me rethink my life. The first session didn't do anything to change that but I finished and am sore but eager to do it again.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread today, but ironically, I started the 30DS on 1/23! I have to admit that I have taken as many as 2 days rest in a row at times as I am also doing at 10K pink app on my phone too cause I am doing my first ever 10k walk with the Biggest Loser in WV on June 29th! :noway:

Anyway, I'm on day 8 today when I get home and it wasn't until day 7 that I found it to be somewhat easier and I was a LITTLE less winded! :blushing: I am using a variety of weights during Level 1. I use 8 lbs for the squats/presses, the chest flies and the lunges/curls (there are times where I have to switch to 5 lbs for the curls) and then I use 3.2 lbs for the side lunges/shoulder raises (those absolutely KILL me! :devil: ) and even at that lower weight, I still haven't been able to do the entire set without stopping! :blushing: I too do mostly the girlie pushups, I can get about 5-7 half-assed real ones in and have to switch. When I do the real ones, I barely make it halfway down! No way I can take it all the way to the floor yet! :noway:

I have had this DVD for years and have NEVER finished it! I am going to do that this time! I'm so glad that I found this thread!

Good luck ya'll!!! :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • RevCO30
    RevCO30 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Today will be L1 D10 when I get home from work! Can't wait to move on to L2 and see what new soreness I will develope. I am so over the jumping jacks, please tell me those are not in L2.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Checking in again. Day 7 for me, level 1.
    My calf bones, yes the bones, keep hurting from the cardio exercises. Ugh.
    I havent lost but 1 inch in the past 7 days. :( And even then im not sure if i ever measured right the first time.
    Guess I wont know until day 30.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 7 of level 1 :) I did go to the gym the day before yesterday and did a bbb class (buik, billen, benen in dutch; legs, butt and stomach in english) and I was so sore the day after :( Doing it again next week though, it felt really good.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Level 2, 2nd day was yesterday. Glad I switched workouts cause was getting a little boring in the last days of the 1st level.
    In terms of difficulty, don't find level 2 too bad, just different exercising, that's all. I do struggle at some of the workouts but surely i'll do better next days.
    I kinda miss some of the things done in level 1. I was expecting soreness but nothing happened. The only soreness I had was in the morning of the very first day of 30DS.
    I do a 30 min warmup before Jillian's workout though, cause the jumps are no joke and don't want to injure my ankles or knees.
    Keep up, guys! It becomes easier as you progress...
  • mindovercakes
    Options
    L1 D10 just completed!!! I am done with level 1!!! Yay!!! :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • mindovercakes
    Options
    Well, apparently, I hadn't banked on February being a short month... so, a quick look at the calendar revealed that I'd be a day over. So, in order to complete the full program before I fly to Edinburgh on 1st March (YAY!! Never been, cannot wait! :bigsmile: ), there had to be a day in which I would have to do two sessions...:noway: and, guess what, I went and picked today.

So, I did L1 D10 as well as L2 D1... oh my!!! I suppose this must be what it felt like when I started 10 days ago... I can't quite recall as the pain numbed my memories also :laugh:

Anyway, it's tough. And I'll have to do it all over again tomorrow... :sad:

Have a good eve, peeps xxx
  • IAmPersuaded
    IAmPersuaded Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge, I am loving it! And congrats on your new little one!
  • mindovercakes
    Options
    L2 D2 done!

Planks & star jumps... followed by rope jumps... wtf?!! But, hey, it's done for today also. Hang in there, we can do it!!!!

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday guys.

Axx
  • mandykayte
    mandykayte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of level 1!

Fell off track for a few days but im back at it!

BTW these last 6 days have been a range of really easy to throwing up... with lots of sore muscles!

Sore muscles have been keeping me motivated:drinker:
  • mindovercakes
    Options
    L2 D3 out of the way. Yay! :)

xx
  • cookiemahnster
    Options
    Level 2 Day 5 done this morning. I was bad and took the weekend off. Grrrrr.
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 10 today!
  • cookiemahnster
    Options
    Oops got ahead of myself..today was Day 5 of Level 2 :) So sweaty but I think I am taking fewer breaks and getting better at the plank moves (so many!).
  • mindovercakes
    Options
    L2 D4 done! A bit later in the day as I had to wait till after work, but hey, another one out of the way :)

Have a great evening guys xx