Same Dress, Minus 75lbs

Options
Pretty much every time I sign into MFP, the first thing I do is check out the success stories, because I find them encouraging and inspiring. So I thought I could share mine.

I don't consider this a before and after, just a before and now. I am still working to get in better shape, but I made this side by side photo to remind myself of how far I've come.

Its taken me almost exactly two years to lose 75lbs, but I'm ok with slow and steady. I wasn't looking for a quick fix, but a total life overhaul. As for how I did it, its really no secret. I just started paying more attention to what I was eating, ate more whole grains/fruits/veggies and less sugars and junk. I took up running (badly, but I completed a 5K, something I never thought I would do) and lifting. If you want to know any specifics, feel free to ask.

I had tried and failed to get in shape before, but this was the first time I knew when I started that I would succeed. And I think the biggest thing that helped was knowing in my heart these two things:

1) I am 100% responsible for my own success or failure.
2) Its going to take a while, but that's ok because its worth it.

The specifics, if you are curious:

Height: 5'11"
SW: 278
CW: 203
GW: No idea. My mind is more on getting fit now then the number on the scale.

reddress_zps875a57d4.jpg

Good luck, everyone, on reaching your own goals! :)

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Great work.. did you have to have the dress altered?
  • ashleyhawn
    ashleyhawn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! great job!!
  • Sproffee
    Options
    Guamybear, nope! Its just tied up in the back.

Does the picture look huge to everyone else? I am trying and failing at resizing it....
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    you look super fantastic!! great job
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    fab weight loss and fab dress.
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Your perseverance and hard work have really paid off! Well done :-)

You say you started lifting. Can I ask if you used weights machines or free weights or a combination of both? I want to get into lifting but am struggling to sift through all the blurb on the net and you've obviously had results from lifting so any advice will be gratefully received.
    Many thanks.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    beautiful! thanks for sharing, I love a big cup of awesome like this with my morning coffee :happy:
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! thanks for sharing! keeps me inspired :D
  • kmdavis1105
    kmdavis1105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    picture size looks find to me. What time of lifting do you do? I've started a bit, and also went rock climbing for the first time. I hate my arms, and am looking for the best way to tone them. Very impressed by your transformation! I love that you look taller, because the camera is zoomed in more!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! Great work!
  • alongiron
    alongiron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! You look great! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. I am just getting started and posts like yours make me smile and I say to myself; " If she can do it, so can I!!" I weight in at 205 and would like to drop down to 175 or so. I am a 51 year old male that had a stroke about 6 years ago and quit smoking. I put on about 25 pounds. After getting my blood pressure and cholesterol under control, it is time to get the weight back off. Thanks again for inspiring me!
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You look great! I do like the long-term success stories, because as much as I'd like to be in shape NOW, it's more realistic to be patient. Thanks for reminding me again of this importance.

Along with looking great, I love the dress itself!
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Simply lovely:)
  • monicamaz
    monicamaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! Thanks for sharing it's very inspiring! :)
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome! You look amazing!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    can i just say, great progress and your transformation pictures are truly inspiring

thanks for posting
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look Great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!