Same Dress, Minus 75lbs

Options

Replies

• Sproffee
    Options
    Great job....maybe you should have the dress altered because it looks really good on you!

lol, I guess I should! I wasn't expecting so many compliments on the dress! :D
  • Sproffee
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL!!! It is so inspiring to see how hard work pays off! For many of us our goal seems soooooooooo far away, but someone once said, "Don't let the fear of time it will take to acomplish something stand in your way of doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." You obviously took advantage of time and made some wonderful changes!!!! Keep up the great work!

That's exactly it. Yes, your goal may be far off, but it won't get any closer until you get started. And every good choice, no matter how small it may seem at the time, is a step in the right direction.

Thank you!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's incredible, you look great!

I'm 5'9" and have a lot to lose, I know you said what you've been doing, but anything in particular you think has really been helping?

Great job!!

18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!!! Gratz to you!!!
  • tamara_1982
    tamara_1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!! I love that you do not have a goal weight, but instead just want to continue on the right path of health for yourself! Keep it up, you are an inspiration!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • Sproffee
    Options
    That's incredible, you look great!

I'm 5'9" and have a lot to lose, I know you said what you've been doing, but anything in particular you think has really been helping?

Great job!!

I could go on and on about what I'm doing, but I know that everyone is different and what worked for me won't necessarily for everyone else.

The way I got started was mostly severly cutting down on my sugar intake. More then just helping with calories and such, it had the added effect that soon other/healthier foods started to taste better. I know some people take in a lot of calories with their drinks, but the only things I drink on a regular basis are coffee (black), a variety of tea, and water. When I drink alcohol I pretty much just have red wine.

I think a big help is trying a lot of different things and finding out what works for you. Find a way to move that is fun for you. I never thought I would like running, but now I do. I found healthy snacks that I love and feel like treats (cottage cheese, pomgranate seeds, almonds) and I keep those handy so I'm not tempted to hit the vending machine at work. I am a believer in "cheat meals". If I am seriously craving a Chipotle burrito, I tell myself I can have one on Friday as long as I am good the rest of the week.

And don't let setbacks discourage you. I know before if I had a moment of weakness and chowed down an entire bag of smartfood popcorn, I would decide I was doomed and go back to my unhealthy habits. But now I recognize that as the exception, and not the rule, and get back on track the next day. And the more I've kept at it, the easier it is to ignore those temptations.

I hope this has been helpful and not too longwinded! Feel free to ask specific questions if you'd like. I'd love to help if I can.
  • kellieym
    kellieym Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Fuzzy1982
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look fantastic! :)
  • brendae61
    Options
    Awesome Job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You look amazing! & Not only do you look amazing, it seems that you feel better about yourself and your body, Thanks for sharing!

:tongue:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this:) I recently started checking out the success stories for the same reason. I'll read one or two and then come away re-committed and motivated. Thanks for being my motivation for today:)
  • chanice11
    chanice11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And red is my favourite colour, so I also love the dress!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yu look incredible, absolutely Incredibel,I love the success stories tooo. You must have had he dress altered xx
  • littlelacemom
    littlelacemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are doing so good! I used to make hard to reach goals and then I would give up when I did make them. This time my time frame is longer and my goals are different. I am now wanting to get healthier not just in a smaller size. So far it has been easier to keep. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lacy
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! WTG!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    WTG You are rocking that red dress! WOW keep up the great work you're almost there!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. i truly thank you for being an inspiration :)
  • ABQTeresa
    Options
    Amazing results! You look fantastic - your smile says it all. I'm just getting started today. Thank you for your inspiring story. Best wishes for continued success :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!