If you drink or eat this....

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    How many people have actually had their cause of death listed as "aspartame poisoning"?
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    20hvrr.jpg

I see what you did there....that's funny. Really....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    SPENDA ORGANIC!!!! I use the stuff daily but I know it's not organic.

That's where I stopped reading.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    How many people have actually had their cause of death listed as "aspartame poisoning"?

Oooh you beat me to it!

But what she said. Seeing as it's "sometimes fatal" I'm sure it won't be hard to produce one case of aspartame poisoning... do let us know.
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    meh,.. i like a diet coke here and there.

Cool...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Oh good lord, not this AGAIN.

Aspartame has been declared safe for use in over 90 countries. There is no scientific evidence of negative health effects except at levels that are way higher than any human being would ever consume, with the obvious exception of people who are sensitive to aspartame, especially to phenlyalinine. The only time the safety of aspartame has ever come into question in the United States, it was because there were some questions about the methodology used in the original safety studies and NOT because there was any positive evidence of negative health effects.

quoted for TRUTH
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I found something online about how upper middle-class housewives have an affinity for working-class domestic workers.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Oooh you beat me to it!

But what she said. Seeing as it's "sometimes fatal" I'm sure it won't be hard to produce one case of aspartame poisoning... do let us know.

"Sometimes fatal" got me too.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

zero.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I had a diet pop the other day. And right now I have a mild headache. Am I dying?

Yes...you are.

But the very interesting thing is...so is the person who never ate or drank or heard of aspartame.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

On that note, aspartame tastes like poo so I don't eat it anyway.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Oooh you beat me to it!

Have faith!

2278965-op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait_super.jpg
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Meh

TL;DR
  • LaSutopia
    Options

Don't know why don't you research that for us. That would be interesting....I would like to see if it might be a cause of cancer seeing as our bodies were not meant to process stuff like that....there are so many things out there that are probably bad for us and the reason we develop cancer later in life that we don't even know about....could be a lot of people dies from it but don't know that is what it really was since it seems like other conditions....IDK...Like another poster said...if it is processed or man made there is a good chance that it is not so great for us....but I guess it will be years before we ever know it if then....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

On that note, aspartame tastes like poo so I don't eat it anyway.

^^^ This
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I also read somewhere that if you have a family history of cancer, that Aspertame(sp) can also make it more likely that you will have cancer...Can't remember where I read it as it was 10 plus years ago, but yea...scary stuff....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *burp* excuse me.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    how about we all become farmers and grow all of our own food too? If we believed everything we read, we wouldn't eat anything without risking our lives.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am no defender of aspartame or soda, and stop drinking diet coke every few weeks (I never last more than a couple of weeks, it's a slippery slope for me). My personal belief is that it's bad for me.

However, you might want to type "diet coke formaldehyde" into the search function over at snopes.com.