If you drink or eat this....

Options

Replies

• LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

On that note, aspartame tastes like poo so I don't eat it anyway.

that as well...i agree.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    How many people have actually had their cause of death listed as "aspartame poisoning"?

Don't know why don't you research that for us. That would be interesting....I would like to see if it might be a cause of cancer seeing as our bodies were not meant to process stuff like that....there are so many things out there that are probably bad for us and the reason we develop cancer later in life that we don't even know about....could be a lot of people dies from it but don't know that is what it really was since it seems like other conditions....IDK...Like another poster said...if it is processed or man made there is a good chance that it is not so great for us....but I guess it will be years before we ever know it if then....

You should stop eating anything not grown from mother earth right now, I guess you wouldn't be able to use the drugs to cure the cancer if you ever get it too!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I found something online about how upper middle-class housewives have an affinity for working-class domestic workers.

And a surprising number of pizza deliverymen who travel with camera crews.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. this *kitten* is disgusting... monsanto would be happy if we all get fat and sick. more people need to know about them. all this stuff has been banned in europe for years, america needs to wake up.

if you need more reading material, look up what monsanto does to corn and soy. they are not just poisoning us, but our entire agricultural system.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    How many people have actually had their cause of death listed as "aspartame poisoning"?

Don't know why don't you research that for us. That would be interesting....I would like to see if it might be a cause of cancer seeing as our bodies were not meant to process stuff like that....there are so many things out there that are probably bad for us and the reason we develop cancer later in life that we don't even know about....could be a lot of people dies from it but don't know that is what it really was since it seems like other conditions....IDK...Like another poster said...if it is processed or man made there is a good chance that it is not so great for us....but I guess it will be years before we ever know it if then....

That is not how a challenge works. You see, you used a correlational study as evidence of something as fact. Correlation does not equal causation. The results would have to be duplicated many times over before science would embrace this ideal. You have been duped into scare-mongering media. The media creates these fallacial articles either to get you read their articles so you will be exposed to their ads. Or they are directly paid by the sugar industry to demonize artificial sweeteners. I asked you a question specifically related to the article, obviously, one that you didn't ask yourself. You should defend your standpoint, not deflect back on me. After all, you presented this article, now I ask, where is YOUR evidence?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~sighs~

Chicken Little was a better story.

Edited to add: this little story can be traced back to at least 1999.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Also, stay away from microwaves.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

The funny thing about life, is that nobody gets out alive..EVER.

*shrugs* I'll keep my diet coke
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You know what else contains formaldehyde?

Apples. Guess I need to stop eating those too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Also, stay away from microwaves.

A coworker recently came in and put his hands on my shoulders to guide me to the other side of the room... I was standing next to the microwave nuking my lunch and he was concerned my brain would explode, I think.
  • foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It's Also known fact that after life you die, don't know about you but I'm not gonna give up on life on the off chance.........:devil:
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Ive been telling this to my friends and family for so many years. It took some time for me to narrow down what was making me so sick and i finally figured its aspartame as well as other synthetic sugars. But aspartame is definitely the worst. Its straight up poison.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I just did. Found a great article from no less than the Acting Director of the USFDA refuting most all these claims.

The ones he didn't outright refute were put into context. Yes, aspartame can produce formaldehyde and and methanol in the body. But not as much as something really dangerous.. like a tomato.

I'd go on but I know there's not much point. If it comes from the FDA you're not going to believe it anyway.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love how lot of you are trying to disprove something I found online with something you found online....hilarious...since when did snopes.com become certifiably 100% truth and never untruth..........look people, all I am saying is that it's bad for you just like a lot of other stuff out there is bad for us and that whether or not it makes you noticeably sick or not, it is good to know what you are putting in your body, good or bad...If you wanna drink it you go right ahead and do that....IM NOT. And if you wanna throw a hissy fit cause I put some information out there then thats fine to....I don't care. I am going to keep trying to better myself and inform myself and I welcome any information you may have on any subject...I will look in to it if I feel the need to and then make my own decision about it....I really don't see why some of you have to be so ugly...It really only reflects on you.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I always wondered what happened to them, and then I found this....

1318586.jpg
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    You know what else contains formaldehyde?

Apples. Guess I need to stop eating those too.

Apples also have cyanide in them. IT'S POISON! I saw a documentary where an old woman gave a teenage girl an apple and she just collapsed after one bite. Struck down in the prime of her life. Her seven roommates could do nothing to save her.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    water is pretty dangerous. Everyone that drinks it will eventually die.
    And if you have a swimming pool full of this stuff, you can die within minutes of submersion. MINUTES!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I love how lot of you are trying to disprove something I found online with something you found online....hilarious...since when did snopes.com become certifiably 100% truth and never untruth..........look people, all I am saying is that it's bad for you just like a lot of other stuff out there is bad for us and that whether or not it makes you noticeably sick or not, it is good to know what you are putting in your body, good or bad...If you wanna drink it you go right ahead and do that....IM NOT. And if you wanna throw a hissy fit cause I put some information out there then thats fine to....I don't care. I am going to keep trying to better myself and inform myself and I welcome any information you may have on any subject...I will look in to it if I feel the need to and then make my own decision about it....I really don't see why some of you have to be so ugly...It really only reflects on you.

Here's some actual science...a peer reviewed review of the literature on the safety of aspartame:

Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2002 Apr;35(2 Pt 2):S1-93.
    Aspartame: review of safety.
    Butchko HH, Stargel WW, Comer CP, Mayhew DA, Benninger C, Blackburn GL, de Sonneville LM, Geha RS, Hertelendy Z, Koestner A, Leon AS, Liepa GU, McMartin KE, Mendenhall CL, Munro IC, Novotny EJ, Renwick AG, Schiffman SS, Schomer DL, Shaywitz BA, Spiers PA, Tephly TR, Thomas JA, Trefz FK.
    SourceMedical and Scientific Affairs, The NutraSweet Company, Mt Prospect, Illinois 60056, USA. harriett.h.butchko@nutrasweet.com

Abstract
    Over 20 years have elapsed since aspartame was approved by regulatory agencies as a sweetener and flavor enhancer. The safety of aspartame and its metabolic constituents was established through extensive toxicology studies in laboratory animals, using much greater doses than people could possibly consume. Its safety was further confirmed through studies in several human subpopulations, including healthy infants, children, adolescents, and adults; obese individuals; diabetics; lactating women; and individuals heterozygous (PKUH) for the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU) who have a decreased ability to metabolize the essential amino acid, phenylalanine. Several scientific issues continued to be raised after approval, largely as a concern for theoretical toxicity from its metabolic components--the amino acids, aspartate and phenylalanine, and methanol--even though dietary exposure to these components is much greater than from aspartame. Nonetheless, additional research, including evaluations of possible associations between aspartame and headaches, seizures, behavior, cognition, and mood as well as allergic-type reactions and use by potentially sensitive subpopulations, has continued after approval. These findings are reviewed here. The safety testing of aspartame has gone well beyond that required to evaluate the safety of a food additive. When all the research on aspartame, including evaluations in both the premarketing and postmarketing periods, is examined as a whole, it is clear that aspartame is safe, and there are no unresolved questions regarding its safety under conditions of intended use.

2007 Review:
    Crit Rev Toxicol. 2007;37(8):629-727.
    Aspartame: a safety evaluation based on current use levels, regulations, and toxicological and epidemiological studies.

"The weight of existing evidence is that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a nonnutritive sweetener."
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

We're not throwing a hissy fit. You posted information, we're questioning it's validity. Isn't that what you're recommending people do in the first place?

No one is being ugly. But not everyone is going to agree with you. ESPECIALLY when you post skewed articles without the facts to back them up. YOU posted it. Take responsibility. We do not have to agree with you just to be nice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I'll let the fear mongerer who brought up the topic do the research because I won't be convince with conjecture.