That is hilarious
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    No. That would really put me off too.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.

738a8b26.jpg
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.

Oh, my. That christian mingle thing was considered sarcasm..

wpid-oranges1-1.jpg
    Technically, it was irony
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    nope just ignore em
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I just tell them, "Thank you, but I am currently not accepting prayers at this time"

:laugh:
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I'm believe in God but I am anti-organized religion for personal reasons, so I get alot of hate from people I know who are all about their church. Part of why I am anti-organized religion is because of people like the one who messaged OP. My beliefs are my beliefs, its not my business what anyone else believes nor is my job to force my beliefs on others.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

Same :/ Sorry this happened to you OP.

Agreed.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I just tell them, "Thank you, but I am currently not accepting prayers at this time"

This is HILARIOUS!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    uh oh
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's too bad. There are some crazy Christians as well as crazy atheists/agnostics/etc. There will always be extremists who are a-holes to anyone who doesn't believe the way they do. There is never a reason to be rude to someone else. It's just unfortunate when people use the extremists as an example of the "norm". For example, it's so great to be compared to Westboro Baptist folks because I'm a Christian. I MUST hate gays, I MUST hate soldiers (my husband is one), blah blah. Gets old.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.
    We need this on a t-shirt.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

Same :/ Sorry this happened to you OP.

Agreed.
    Afterall, who wants people like THEM in heaven? - just think of the overcrowding!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Im not atheist, but I do consider myself agnostic...and those who wanna pray for me or recite biblical jargon to me...yes its upsetting...I want to curse everyone on my FB page who posts their religious crap and inform them that everyone is not sold on GOD...so leave it in your home, hearts and place of worship...And very few people know how I feel....until they start with the whole religious conversation...then I let them have it...respectfully!!!
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Wow. Okay, I'm a Christian (or at least try my best to be Christ-like) and even though I may occasionally feel the need to tell someone that they are cared for and loved, I don't try to guilt trip anyone, much less condemn them. Atheists, Christians, Muslims, Jews, ect shouldn't have to tip toe around each other or be judged by one another, we are all free to think and believe as we wish. I'm sorry someone tried to foolishly push their beliefs on you. :flowerforyou:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.
    We need this on a t-shirt.

2nd that
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am not ok with proselyzing.
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options

Go figure.

738a8b26.jpg

^^ Lol.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate religion pushers and religion haters equally.

I :heart: everyone! :wink:
    I do have mixed feelings for the person who phones me and tells me he is ringing about my enquiry into life/loan protection insurance

I love him, but I don't have to LIKE him...:laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    e5ISnjO.gif
This discussion has been closed.