Question for Atheists.

Options

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    If anyone tries to talk to me about Christ I probably wouldn't even respond.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I want to curse everyone on my FB page who posts their religious crap

Better yet, why don't YOU delete them and get off THEIR FB?
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In before the destruction of the thread.

I'm ready for the sh*tstorm.
    I'm already popping my bag of popcorn.
    100 Calorie bag, of course.

BWAHAHAHA!
    You know - I am an atheist and no one has so much as whispered to me about it on this site. Then again - not overly active in forums. :D
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    lol i said i was sorry... :sad:
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    right here. mainly cause of my chest piece. (has several symbols) but I like to have fun with it. They automatically see the devil, and want me to go to church and all this stuff. I say, sure, i'll go. would you like to attend a satanic ritual? They get the most offended looks and bring out the holy water lol. When you try to explain that the original Satanist were well educated people, well read, scientists, NO! you sacrifice babies and have orgies! usually makes my day.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    I was polite about it, told her I wasn't interested, and then she started throwing her bibles and crucifixes at me.

Does she have memes that actually "throw bibles and crucifixes" at you? Just curious how that was done via a PM.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    right here. mainly cause of my chest piece. (has several symbols) but I like to have fun with it. They automatically see the devil, and want me to go to church and all this stuff. I say, sure, i'll go. would you like to attend a satanic ritual? They get the most offended looks and bring out the holy water lol. When you try to explain that the original Satanist were well educated people, well read, scientists, NO! you sacrifice babies and have orgies! usually makes my day.
    The gospel according to Dennis Wheatley, huh?
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    I was polite about it, told her I wasn't interested, and then she started throwing her bibles and crucifixes at me.

Does she have memes that actually "throw bibles and crucifixes" at you? Just curious how that was done via a PM.

Figure of speech. Although, I'm pretty sure there is such a Meme. If not, someone will get the idea eventually.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As a server my favorite is the Sunday crowd that sometimes leaves a pamphlet about coming to Jesus instead of a tip after being a demanding prick and racking up a large bill. Yeah, that'll make me go to church.

But to answer your question, I haven't gotten that on here but then I don't think I've been terribly vocal about it here either. There's a lot more arguments over on my horse forum.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.

Oh, my. That christian mingle thing was considered sarcasm..

wpid-oranges1-1.jpg
    Technically, it was irony

Technically sarcasm is a form of irony
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Figure of speech. Although, I'm pretty sure there is such a Meme. If not, someone will get the idea eventually.

I know it was just a figure of speech. I also figured you made the whole thing up because you wanted to do something while eating your popcorn.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    No but I have had several PMs of people telling me what Beach Body and shakeology has done for them and push the crap on me.

Same thing, right?
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I want to curse everyone on my FB page who posts their religious crap

Better yet, why don't YOU delete them and get off THEIR FB?

Ok now you're just being ridiculous.....
  • speedgoose
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

Agreed
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm believe in God but I am anti-organized religion for personal reasons, so I get alot of hate from people I know who are all about their church. Part of why I am anti-organized religion is because of people like the one who messaged OP. My beliefs are my beliefs, its not my business what anyone else believes nor is my job to force my beliefs on others.

^^Ditto. I call it "tina-ism" It's my own personal "religion". Lol

I have very Catholic parents. And my parents never push going to church on me. They are very respectful of my beliefs as well as others. But they LOVE a good debate. hahaha My mom gets excited about them. :laugh:

But some of their friends will ask me all sorts of questions, like why don't I go to church, and stuff.
    DUDE. If I don't want to go, I'm not gonna f**king go! Leave me alone! :grumble: I have NO desire to go to church unless it's for a wedding or funeral.
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    No but I have had several PMs of people telling me what Beach Body and shakeology has done for them and push the crap on me.

Same thing, right?

Ah yes. Them damn beach body thumpers..
    Can you believe the Shaun T worshippers on this website?
    Insanity, I tell you. Insanity.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

Same thing, right?

Yes!!! Especially this "Body by Vi" crap. How annoying!!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Same thing, right?

Ah yes. Them damn beach body thumpers..
    Can you believe the Shaun T worshippers on this website?
    Insanity, I tell you. Insanity.

Oh wait, you can count me on on that Shaun T worshiping. YUM!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.

Oh, my. That christian mingle thing was considered sarcasm..

wpid-oranges1-1.jpg
    Technically, it was irony

Technically sarcasm is a form of irony
    Sarcasm employs irony but is delivered in an aggressive, sneering manner. Maybe it is a British thing. Irony is clever, well thought out and intelligent, sarcasm is just gross.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Actually, for those who are saying that Christians should keep their beliefs to themselves, it is actually a part of our belief system to share our faith with others. To keep it to ourselves is to be disobedient to God. However, that being said, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. When we are sharing our beliefs with an individual who is CLEARLY not open to hearing about it, we are told to back off of the talk and share by our walk instead. There is no need to even tell them they are being prayed for...they couldn't care less. It's enough that God and I know they are being prayed for.
This discussion has been closed.