Question for Atheists.

Options

Replies

• Phoenixchichima
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

ditto. I've never seen this approach "invite" anyone.
  • Routerninja
    Options
    Nope, although I do come from a very catholic upbringing and come prepared to tear down most people's ideologies should they decide they want to try and convert me :)
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.

:D I hear some of them are also still arguing about who shot first.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm christian, but I don't like that other christians do this...

And you're the kind of Christian I like. You believe in God, I don't. I don't want you pushing your beliefs on me anymore than you'd like me doing the same to you. To each their own.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, I have not experienced that on here.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I don't trust people to tell me anything about gods. If any gods want to come tell me about themselves my door is open. But humans? Hell no. Humans can't even come to a consensus about how many carbs we should eat in a day.

HAN!! Han shot first!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    bacon_economy_zps7a955610.png
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I suspect the point was that she wasn't - irony is so hard to explain to The Colonies
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Screen+shot+2011-05-16+at+6.01.23+PM.png
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate religion pushers and religion haters equally.

I :heart: everyone! :wink:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Ok I love this. It made me giggle hard!

Did I make it in before the lock?
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

A couple of days ago, a woman messaged me and asked me if I had a moment to talk about Christ with her.. (Didn't know I was on ChristianMingle.com) .. and I politely told her that I was not interested. When she went on to ask me why, I made the mistake. I told her I wasn't religious, and it's just not something I'm interested in talking about.

You were on a site called CHRISTIANMINGLE? How rude she wanted to *mingle* and talk about Christ.
    Go figure.

No. Read it again.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

HAN!! Han shot first!

Seriously. This is not even a question. Han clearly shot first.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate religion pushers and religion haters equally.

I :heart: everyone! :wink:
    I do have mixed feelings for the person who phones me and tells me he is ringing about my enquiry into life/loan protection insurance
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I just tell them, "Thank you, but I am currently not accepting prayers at this time"
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Shouldnt the Bacon Air Jordan prove that there is a God?
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

Go figure.

She wasn't on ChristianMingle. She was on MFP. It was sarcasm. Google it...
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I've only ever met 1 or 2 ppl in my life who have wanted to "talk to me about god".

They were told in no uncertain terms where to shove it.

Believe in whatever you want, or don't believe. It's your right.

But don't go recruiting as that just puts a crazy sign over your head and you'll deserve what you get in response imho.
    Why do I respond disrespectfully? Because they were disrespectful in preaching to me without my asking them to.
    And because I didn't go PM'ing them asking to talk to them about debunking their god.

Do unto others...
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options

Go figure.

Oh, my. That christian mingle thing was considered sarcasm..

wpid-oranges1-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.